****Official Free Agent Signings**** | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Official Free Agent Signings****

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Former Patriots' CB Malcolm Butler intends to sign with the Tennessee Titans, per sources. Butler will play for former Patriots' LB Mike Vrabel and former Pats' personnel man Jon Robinson.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago
TE Derek Carrier and the Oakland #Raiders agree to a 3yr deal, source said. From Jay Gruden to Jon Gruden in 12 months. #Gruden

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 17m17 minutes ago
#Rams nickel CB Nickell Robey-Coleman has agreed to terms on a 3-year deal worth more than $15.75M, sources say, with $8M guaranteed. More firepower for a revamped LA secondary.

Al, great job keeping us posted on these transactions and updates! Much appreciated.....

The Dolphins can't afford Zach Brown. That ship sailed last year. Time to draft a LB.

Lets hope they can sign Brown. Huge upgrade at LB.
Hoping their plan is to build the defense like the Jags.
Quinn, Brown, getting McMillan back.
Draft Derwin James.
Not bad way to get better.

I would be totally OK with this plan. I don't think Brown is a great player, but he's solid.

Sadly, I don't think we have the money to get Brown, and I fear James won't be available at #11.

The Dolphins can't afford Zach Brown. That ship sailed last year. Time to draft a LB.
He can play SAM
Raekwon MLB
Draft Roquan WLB. Not bad unit.
Alonso can do belly dances on sidelines and fetch water for the men

Jets may still draft a QB. Teddy is on a prove it deal but will he play much? McCown will be the starter with the rookie backing them both up.

He can play SAM
Raekwon MLB
Draft Roquan WLB. Not bad unit.
Alonso can do belly dances on sidelines and fetch water for the men

Problem is right now the Dolphins have 1.9 million in cap space. Not accounting for the Amendola and Wilson contracts. So they will have to cut,restructure or extend some players. Cutting Julius Thomas only frees up another 6.6 million. Restructuring Quinn can free up about another 5 million. Cutting Pouncey frees up another 7 million. Cutting Wake frees up another 8 million. So by signing Brown the Dolphins will either be taking a risk by restructuring or extending players contracts or will have to cut more players currently on the roster. The cap situation this year just isn't in good enough shape for the Dolphins to sign a bunch of players.

If the jets dont take a qb at 6 i will be shocked. They have swung and missed forever on a rookie so i think they will take one. Plus, they live stockpiling qbs and have the funds to do whatever they want.

Problem is right now the Dolphins have 1.9 million in cap space. Not accounting for the Amendola and Wilson contracts. So they will have to cut,restructure or extend some players. Cutting Julius Thomas only frees up another 6.6 million. Restructuring Quinn can free up about another 5 million. Cutting Pouncey frees up another 7 million. Cutting Wake frees up another 8 million. So by signing Brown the Dolphins will either be taking a risk by restructuring or extending players contracts or will have to cut more players currently on the roster. The cap situation this year just isn't in good enough shape for the Dolphins to sign a bunch of players.
Figure Brown 2/10 mill?

Back
Top Bottom