---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Same odds today with with Spieth against Furyk for the day. I'll take the young kid.

Should have learned my lesson yesterday with push. Furyk is on fire

Golf league starts tonight. We have sustained 20-30 mph winds this afternoon. Should be an interesting first round....

Got my first par of the season. It was a par 3 (150 yards) but hitting into a 30 mph head-side wind. I smacked my 3 hybrid right at the pond to the left of the green. The wind pushed it over onto the green and left me a make able 15 ft birdie putt. Left it about a foot short for a tap in par. The wind was brutal for most of the round. We had a couple holes were we had it at our backs though.

My brother and I have a friend that has a house in Fla, that he spends his winters at and mostly just golfs the whole time. He calls us his "brothers". He called my brother last night and told him he played with Jason Taylor last week, and was telling him, I have 2 "brothers" back home up north, and one is a Dolphins fan and one is a Pats fan.. Jason said, "you should listen to the Dolphins fan."
Thought that was pretty cool and wanted to share!

Got my first par of the season. It was a par 3 (150 yards) but hitting into a 30 mph head-side wind. I smacked my 3 hybrid right at the pond to the left of the green. The wind pushed it over onto the green and left me a make able 15 ft birdie putt. Left it about a foot short for a tap in par. The wind was brutal for most of the round. We had a couple holes were we had it at our backs though.

The wind can be crazy especially if you have extremely high ball flight like I do. I was at a tournament at Sea Palms in St Simons this past weekend... Friday no wind playing a 152 par 3 I hit 8 iron just off the back of the green. Saturday 25 mph wind in my face I hit 7 iron 20 yards short in the drink. Sunday 25 mph wind at my back, hit pitching wedge 10 feet from pin.

Had a similar wind scenario on a par 5 with wind in my face one round. I was 300 out so I decided to lay up with 5 iron (usually 190 yards) landed next to the 150 stick, at least tehn I knew what to hit into the green!

lots of beers were drank and a great time was had. It was a texas scramble for 2 rounds and a full best ball scramble for 2 rounds. I lost probably 3 dozen balls off the tee. Usually someone on my team hit one in fairway so I hit driver and not 3 wood, wow I was brutal off the tee...I was lights out with irons though. Almost witnessed my first hole in one. My coworker hit a wedge on the same hole I described above and it 2 hopped and rolled right at it, hit the stick and stayed less than a half inch from the hole!

Second try at Tuesday night league golf was a quite a bit better on final score. No driving wind to deal with last night. I had 9 chip shots through out the round (missed every green in regulation) but connected on every chip 9 for 9. Most were around 10 ft from cup. Didn't make a single putt to get up and down on those 9 chips though. Ended up with 20 putts with that good chipping (NOT GOOD). The last 3 holes I had closer and closer chances at pars and missed each one. The last was about 6 ft uphill that should have been money. Something to work on....

Funny thing happened Friday when i was playing 9 holes with AG after work. He hit a great shot on a 180 yard par 3 to within 6 feet of the hole while i came up short of the green. He did not mark his ball because it was to the right and not in my way. My chip shot was way off line and hit his ball then went straight in the hole for an unexpected birdie :hi5:

He respotted his ball and promptly missed his putt.

Better to be lucky than good I guess.

:brewskis:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was that your first birdie of the season? I'm hoping to get my first this Tuesday.

Was that your first birdie of the season? I'm hoping to get my first this Tuesday.

Remember i was playing all winter while you guys were buried in snow. My season is 12 months long :up:

Golf-football-basketball_zpsprrklvnw.gif

Leaving early today so we can play 18 instead of 9. Supposed to be 80 degrees for the first time this year around here. Fore!

Man, did i have my irons dialed in today.. Only 4th round of the year, so im happy to have them worked out!

Our league is prepaid but if you go over early you can play another 9 or more for only $10. We played the same 9 we played for league play an then had time for another 5 holes on the other 9 before our league tee time. So ended up playing 23 holes. On the first 6 holes I was right there but 3 putted 4 times and was 12 over after 6. Not good. Buckled down and finished the first 9 under 50 thanks to a birdie (first of the year) on the 8th hole and then a bogie on the final par 5 which had been my nemesis lately. When we replayed the back 9 our goal was to beat the score we had the previous time. I knew with birdie on 8 I needed to be ahead of my previous score because the odds of birdying the same hole twice is long. Ended up shooting a 47 the second try and made the last hole my bitch by getting a par for the first time in over a year. 12 over first 6 holes and then 18 over on the last 17 holes. Just a shot off bogey golf and I finished strong for a change. I'm happy too. Birdie drought was ended

TPC Sawgrass starts today. My college room mate went there one time and played the course a few years ago. You get a caddie and they will make a video from your round. he sent me a copy of the video. It was pretty cool. Of course they had to film his shots (multiple) at the 17th island green. He took a couple and then just dropped on the island. His wife is a pretty good golfer and she hit it on the green from the ladies tee first try.

I think I'm adding this course to my bucket list.

Back
Top Bottom