*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK4 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK4

The 1st TD run by Drake was the same play call we made at the goaline for Ajayi's 2 TDs vs Philly.

ISO run out of the gun.

A lot of these drake runs are outside or he looks to go outside , I don't thInk he really can handle running between the tackles. You? At least with any consistency.

Not so sure about that call by the refs.

Not so sure about that call by the refs.

He doesn't seem good at finding the ball though , like last week. Call was a little unfair but his awareness with ball in the air- doesn't seem that good.

Nice stance considering it was 1st and goal from the 1

A lot of these drake runs are outside or he looks to go outside , I don't thInk he really can handle running between the tackles. You? At least with any consistency.

You can't pound him between the tackle like a LeGarrett Blount, but you use him the same way teams used backs like Jamal Charles and be successful. He'll pop a fewe between the tackles but he's no bulldozer

Can Morgan some how may it? Again looks like he can handle punts.

You cab't pound him between the tackle like a LeGarrett Blount, but you use him the same way teams used backs like Jamal Charles and be successful. He'll pop a fewe between the tackles but he's no bulldozer

Ya that's how I see it, but also while I want another pounder to back up Ajayi.

By far our most used runs are the inside and outside zone.

Seems like we prefer the outside zone or stretch runs to get Drake in space on the sideline so he can use his speed. Drake can take the bang read up the middle on inside zone but he even tends to bounce those outside as well. Doesn't set up the 2nd level of defenders nearly as well as say Lamar Miller does but he still performs them with success to get to the edge.

Long story short, I'm with you that Drake is not the ideal back to wear down the middle of the defense on a regular basis. This particular playcall of a straight forward gap run was just the product of what the playcall sheet ID'd for that situation and when the regular season hits that opportunity will certainly be Ajayi's to take.

Back
Top Bottom