Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason) | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason)

Any chance of the Heat working a trade with Phoenix to get Shawn Marion and either Marcus Banks or Barbossa?

He would be great on offense, but very poor on defense. Honestly I think he would have a great year hitting three's but the Suns would be worse cause of his defense.

Kapono agrees to four-year, $24 million deal with Raptors

Free agent sharpshooter [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3734"]Jason Kapono[/URL] has quickly reached an agreement Sunday to leave the Miami Heat and sign a four-year deal believed to be worth $24 million with the [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=tor"]Toronto Raptors[/URL].

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2922597

You can have Marcus Banks, and his bloated contract..But what would you have to give up for Marion, that the Suns would be interested in?

Pretty much nothing except maybe Haslem (who doesn't even fit your system) Posey possibly in a sign and trade, or Antoine Walker (who I actually think could thrive in your system)

The kid we drafted could look great in your system down the road because of his style but now he isn't really even trade bait.

There is 0.01% chance Miami gets Marion.

Pretty much nothing except maybe Haslem (who doesn't even fit your system) Posey possibly in a sign and trade, or Antoine Walker (who I actually think could thrive in your system)

The kid we drafted could look great in your system down the road because of his style but now he isn't really even trade bait.

There is 0.01% chance Miami gets Marion.

Marion wants to be a Star on a team so I am not really sure that the MIA is the right place for him.

Also if Walker can't hit open three's with Shaq and Wade than there is not that great of a chance he will shoot for a better percentage with another team IMO

I'm happy for Kapono since he's pretty much been a minimum contract guy his entire career. But I'm laughing at Toronto for settling for mediocre before the market got settled.

I'm happy for Kapono since he's pretty much been a minimum contract guy his entire career. But I'm laughing at Toronto for settling for mediocre before the market got settled.

Yeap! They overpayed and I am glad for Kapono.

Marion wants to be a Star on a team so I am not really sure that the MIA is the right place for him.

Also if Walker can't hit open three's with Shaq and Wade than there is not that great of a chance he will shoot for a better percentage with another team IMO

In the Suns system he wouldn't be shooting threes though. He would be creating mismatches by playing the PF spot with Amare playing center at times. Walker would be a drive in and score guy....and a pretty successful one probably.

Offensively, IMO, any talented guy can look a lot better than he really is in that system. Surprisingly enough, Antoine Walker probably wouldn't suck as much as he does, although there would be even MORE open three point opportunities. And, while someone would imagine, wouldn't more open shots be a good thing for Antoine Walker or any player capable of knocking down three's? For Toine, more open shots = disaster waiting to unfold. :)

But I do think Shawn Marion is overrated as hell. Perfect for their system, but for a half court team? I don't think so. Not that we have anything they'd be interested in for his services, though. They can get better.

1. Rashard Lewis - seeking $10-13 million, would need sign & trade
2. Gerald Wallace - seeking $8-10 million, would need sign & trace
3. Mickael Pietrus - IMO, the French sensation can be had for the MLE

That's my "short" list at SF, and probably for our targets in general.

IMO, there's a not a chance in the world that we can bring in Mo Williams, and that's sad. I was hoping that Memphis would get hot for Yi or Brandan Wright, which would of dropped Conley to Milwaukee. Mo Williams answers our three biggest problems - he's a starting caliber PG (1) who can score the ball (2) pretty damn well, and he's young with potential (3). Oh well. Dollar for dollar, Mickael Pietrus may just be our best option, as we wouldn't have to give Golden State anything in return. He is a guy who is developing an all around game - loves to defend, athletic, can shoot and get to the basket. From all the Warriors games I've watched and what Warriors fans tell me, his basketball IQ is lacking though.

In the Suns system he wouldn't be shooting threes though. He would be creating mismatches by playing the PF spot with Amare playing center at times. Walker would be a drive in and score guy....and a pretty successful one probably.

Walker is pretty much done IMO and I don't think he would thrive with the Suns. However you may be right

Walker is pretty much done IMO and I don't think he would thrive with the Suns. However you may be right

He isn't done....he probably played better last season than the one before. He will always have those throw your remote at the TV in disgust moments and he always has, but when he actually drives to the basket from the PF spot or gets on a fast break he is a very effective player....which is why he would be best in Phoenix.

He isn't done....he probably played better last season than the one before. He will always have those throw your remote at the TV in disgust moments and he always has, but when he actually drives to the basket from the PF spot or gets on a fast break he is a very effective player....which is why he would be best in Phoenix.

Yeah but he never wants to do that. He wants to shoot three's all the time. I just don't think he is gunna help the heat that much this year. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Orlando gave Rashard Lewis a whopping $15 million per year.

That is beyond ridiculous. 5-years/$75 million. Jesus Christ. :lol:

I think we move on to Mo Williams before pursuing Wallace/Pietrus.

Orlando gave Rashard Lewis a whopping $15 million per year.

That is beyond ridiculous. 5-years/$75 million. Jesus Christ. :lol:

I think we move on to Mo Williams because Wallace/Pietrus.

I tend to agree but will wait to see how it all plays out.
I think or hope that as more of this unfolds it will make better
biddness sense. Perhaps a S&T is in the works

Back
Top Bottom