Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason) | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason)

I sure hope they picked Cook with the intention of trading him. Otherwise it makes no sense. Hes not ready to contribute in any way, and even if he was the Heat have nowhere for him to play. Last time I checked the Heat have a pretty good player at that position.

For what it's worth....Randy Pfund said that they see him as a backup to Wade and a rotation player at the 3 spot.

In that case...we added a player to a position that we were thin at...(Eddie Jones is a FA and old.)

Well I guess we'll have to wait till free agency, but its really disturbing when a team in desperate need of depth in multiple areas goes for some raw kid whos destined to take Wright's well worn spot on the bench. That and the trading of a second round pick along with recieving cash as part of the payout for the pick swap in the first round.....it all reeks of a franchise in the rebuilding mode.

I may be wrong but I think it's a pipe dream.
Well, of course you feel that way.

You're a Magic fan, and Lewis would help you a ton. You'd hate to see him in a Miami Heat uniform, and with Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal, I don't blame you.

You don't get our 1st rder it's a swap at best.:lol:
That's what I meant; we have Orlando's 1st next year, not our's.

It will be your's, because no chance Orlando finishes ahead of Miami, and IMO, no chance Orlando doesn't make the playoffs.. as that swap is lottery protected.

I sure hope they picked Cook with the intention of trading him.

Well, from what I've been hearing on the radio, we may have picked him exactly for trade. And it'd make sense for Seattle, who is completely in rebuilding mode and just traded their best shooter.

The deal they were talking about this morning on the radio:

Udonis Haslem, Jason Williams, Daequan Cook, & 2008 1st rounder

for

Rashard Lewis (sign-and-trade) and Luke Ridnour or Earl Watson.

Nonetheless, every source, not just one, has Miami pushing hard for Lewis.

There's a lot that I'd do for Lewis, outside of Wade & Shaq.

My hopes aren't high, as I still see Orlando and Toronto as the front runners. However, if we could somehow pull something along those lines of a deal off.. I'd be excited as hell. Certainly more excited than when we acquired Anne-Toinette a few years ago. :rolleyes2

Well, of course you feel that way.

You're a Magic fan, and Lewis would help you a ton. You'd hate to see him in a Miami Heat uniform, and with Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal, I don't blame you.

That's what I meant; we have Orlando's 1st next year, not our's.

It will be your's, because no chance Orlando finishes ahead of Miami, and IMO, no chance Orlando doesn't make the playoffs.. as that swap is lottery protected.

I was thinking more along the lines of how much cap room you guys have.
I mean you do have a few bloated contracts on your team no?

Righhhhhhhht.:wink:

I was thinking more along the lines of how much cap room you guys have.
I mean you do have a few bloated contracts on your team no?

Righhhhhhhht.:wink:

Cap space is irrelevant in a sign-and-trade.

Salaries will be match.

Riley offered #20, #39, 2008 1st rounder, and high cash considerations for #10 to move up for Acie Law. Sacramento wanted Haslem or Wright and Riley didn't want to give up anything more.

I was okay knowing that we had no shot at Acie Law.

But now, there's that everlasting thought that it could have happened.. :lol:

I still want Artest :lol:

I think that is all I can say for a while......we need to bring SOMEONE in who can help us this season.

Kapono can't play defense or create his own shot. I think Nash would be great for setting up his threes though.

I still want Artest :lol:

I think that is all I can say for a while......we need to bring SOMEONE in who can help us this season.

Same man... Rashard Lewis is great, but Heat need a good defender like Artest. Deng killed the Heat in the playoffs.. I don't care about Artest's issues and his crappy rap album. lol

Good thing about Artest never demands alot of money.. I think Artest is a better pickup for the Heat than Lewis. IMO :)

How do you guys think Kapono would fit in Phoenix? I would love for him to play that Steve Kerr, assassin role...

He would be great on offense, but very poor on defense. Honestly I think he would have a great year hitting three's but the Suns would be worse cause of his defense.

Back
Top Bottom