Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason) | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason)

J-Will's shot is inconsistent, but he does a very good job setting up the offense and setting the pace when healthy. When him and Wade finally got to play together last season, then went something around 12-1 in the first 13 [i forgot the number, but it was around 12-1] games when they started together.

i know nothing about him, is he any good? what would he cost to get him? and is it worth it?

Search youtube videos of him. He's a Manu Ginobili type of player, except with better shooting, ball handling, and passing skill.

Oh and he can flop fouls like Manu too [from what I heard]. :lol:

Pietrus said that he has reached a contract agreement with the Heat. I don't know whether it means a sign and trade or a MLE deal, but either way it looks like Pietrus is on his way to Miami....unless Golden State wants to pay him.

How old is he?

Pietrus = 2/7/82.. a month younger than D-Wade.

So, the opening night line-up will be like so:

G- Jason Williams
G- Mickael Pietrus
F- Dorell Wright
F- Udonis Haslem
C- Shaquille O'Neal

Accoring to today's Hot List on ESPN News,
-Wade will "likely" miss the first month of the upcoming season
-Wade at the earliest will return in mid-November

Pietrus said that he has reached a contract agreement with the Heat. I don't know whether it means a sign and trade or a MLE deal, but either way it looks like Pietrus is on his way to Miami....unless Golden State wants to pay him.

Where'd you hear that?

It better be the mid-level and not a sign-and-trade where we give up anyone significant. I was thinking about a sign-and-trade Posey for Pietrus since GS is one of the five finalists for Posey, but Pietrus signed over $4 million becomes a BYC player so a third party would be necessary. Forget about that.

Rumor from the same sources who told me about the upped contract offer from Milwaukee to Mo Williams days before it was reported:

Jason Williams/Michael Doleac for JCN/Antonio Daniels/Etan Thomas

In such a scenario, Miami could split the mid-level between JCN/Matt Barnes. We can sign Jalen Rose or Eddie Jones to the minimum. JCN's rights would be what we're receiving, so we're going to have to dip into the mid-level for him, supposedly.

I wouldn't be opposed to:

G- Antonio Daniels, JCN, Chris Quinn
G- Dwyane Wade, JCN, Daequan Cook
F- Dorell Wright, Barnes/Posey, Rose/Jones
F- Udonis Haslem, Antoine Walker, Etan Thomas
C- Shaquille O'Neal, Alonzo Mourning, Etan Thomas

Thats one of the few trade rumors I've heard that actually makes sense. Washington gets rid of its two bad deals and Miami gets depth in the backcourt.

I'm guessing the Pietrus deal involves Posey in a sign and trade, but I really have no clue. He did tell the French media that he had an offer so I'd assume something is in the works.

Thats one of the few trade rumors I've heard that actually makes sense. Washington gets rid of its two bad deals and Miami gets depth in the backcourt.

I'm guessing the Pietrus deal involves Posey in a sign and trade, but I really have no clue. He did tell the French media that he had an offer so I'd assume something is in the works.

If it's a deal involving Posey and a third party in a sign-and-trade, man, talk about depth in a line-up that includes:

G- Antonio Daniels, JCN, Chris Quinn
G- Dwyane Wade, Eddie Jones/Jalen Rose, JCN
F- Dorell Wright, Mickael Pietrus, Eddie Jones/Jalen Rose
F- Udonis Haslem, Antoine Walker, Etan Thomas
C- Shaquille O'Neal, Alonzo Mourning, Etan Thomas
Inactives:
13. Wayne Simien
14. Daequan Cook
15. Marcus Slaughter

That is nasty depth..........:cooldude:

The only players in that line-up who aren't too suitable to play multiple positions are Shaq & Haslem, and we've even seen Haslem step over a bit in a small group. The matchup problems we'd create would be very Chicago-like. You can throw so many different looks out there with that. Imagine goingn for a defensive minded look when flooring a line-up of Wade-Pietrus-Wright-Haslem-Zo. That would be nasty.

Over at our Heat site, an admin that lives in France posted this....

"You want a big news ? Pietrus said yesterday on a french TV show, that he is looking to be a Heat next year. It seems the negociations are pretty good between GS and Miami.
He seems very excited about the idea of signing with Miami.

It's going to happens......"

Over at our Heat site, an admin that lives in France posted this....

"You want a big news ? Pietrus said yesterday on a french TV show, that he is looking to be a Heat next year. It seems the negociations are pretty good between GS and Miami.
He seems very excited about the idea of signing with Miami.

It's going to happens......"

Did anybody else read that with a French accent? (the misspellings make it even better) :lol:

I just hope SOMETHING happens.

Back
Top Bottom