Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason) | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason)

If we keep J-Will...Antonio Daniels is a great fit for the team.

A great scenario would be taking Daniel's contract off the Wiz' hands in a Juan Carlos Navarro deal.

it would give us a very deep back court.

Antonio Daniels doesn't turn it over...and plays great defense. JCN is a scorer/energy player....you couple that with a J-Will/Wade combo...and we got something brewing in that backcourt.

Heat lost out on Francis.
Signed with Houston.

I think Steve Francis lost out on Miami & LAC, more so. He's now in a crowded backcourt with Alston/Head, and they like Brooks, too. Rafer Alston is now officially on the market, and/or maybe Luther Head. In LAC, he'd of backed up the one, and in Miami, he'd of had the opportunity to start or backup the one and two. Probably 25-30 MPG when healthy in either situation.

I think we wind up with JCN, though. Hopefully Daniels and not Thomas/Haywood.

Latest is that Miami is exclusively offering draft choices for JCN's rights alone, and would sign him with half the mid-level. That is picture perfect, but unlikely that Washington accepts, IMO. I'd love to add JCN for nothing, Barnes for the other half of the mid-level or sign-and-trade for Pietrus.

I'd personally see what's up with Jarret Jack first, though. I'd also entertain a small deal for Rafer Alston, as he can hit the three and defend. You already know what he's capable of.

I should have some "inside info" on what's going on by tomorrow, hopefully..

Have my sources been wrong about anything yet? Nope. :kick:

With Steve Francis out of the mix, the Heat might bring more urgency to its trade talks with the Wizards for the rights to Spanish star Juan Carlos Navarro. The Heat has offered a combination of future draft picks for Navarro's rights, which the Wizards have owned since picking him in the second round in 2002.

Miami Herald

I think Steve Francis lost out on Miami & LAC, more so. He's now in a crowded backcourt with Alston/Head, and they like Brooks, too. Rafer Alston is now officially on the market, and/or maybe Luther Head. In LAC, he'd of backed up the one, and in Miami, he'd of had the opportunity to start or backup the one and two. Probably 25-30 MPG when healthy in either situation.

I think we wind up with JCN, though. Hopefully Daniels and not Thomas/Haywood.

Latest is that Miami is exclusively offering draft choices for JCN's rights alone, and would sign him with half the mid-level. That is picture perfect, but unlikely that Washington accepts, IMO. I'd love to add JCN for nothing, Barnes for the other half of the mid-level or sign-and-trade for Pietrus.

I'd personally see what's up with Jarret Jack first, though. I'd also entertain a small deal for Rafer Alston, as he can hit the three and defend. You already know what he's capable of.

I should have some "inside info" on what's going on by tomorrow, hopefully..

Have my sources been wrong about anything yet? Nope. :kick:
Dont H-town still Have Mike James too??

Yo Section, do you remember the regular season game where the Knicks beat us and that Knicks fan came in here talking crap? I remember we kept pointing out the DISGUSTING free throw disparity. Take this with a grain of salt, but it was posted by a KNICKS fan:

They were discussing this on ESPN radio just now:

-Knicks shot 39 free throws vs the Heat's 8 free throws
-Spread was 4.5pts knicks won by 6
-Shaq was in foul trouble and finished with 5 personal fouls
-The Heat were whistled for three technical fouls for defensive 3-second violations
-Head coach Pat Riley and assistant Ron Rothstein were also hit with technicals

Officials: Derrick Stafford, Gary Zielinski, Tim Donaghy

Looks like Pietrus is extremely close to becoming a Heat.

Thank god. Never wanted him here. He's a shell of his former self.

I think you underrate Francis, but that's not why I'm responding. I'm responding because I'm disappointed that you didn't choose "It ain't easy bein' white...it ain't easy bein' brown..." for your avatar caption.

(The few, the proud, the "Arrested Development" devotees...)

I think you underrate Francis, but that's not why I'm responding. I'm responding because I'm disappointed that you didn't choose "It ain't easy bein' white...it ain't easy bein' brown..." for your avatar caption.

(The few, the proud, the "Arrested Development" devotees...)

Well, I actually did something better than that. I had a shirt made up with the Franklin Comes Alive cover on it. :lol:

clear.gif

Okay, back on topic...so Pietrus is close to being a Heat member? Well that'll definitely help our defense (which the Bulls clearly proved needed an injection of youth and speed). I'm going to be worried when the ball is in his hands though. :unsure:

Well, I actually did something better than that. I had a shirt made up with the Franklin Comes Alive cover on it. :lol:

Okay, back on topic...so Pietrus is close to being a Heat member? Well that'll definitely help our defense (which the Bulls clearly proved needed an injection of youth and speed). I'm going to be worried when the ball is in his hands though. :unsure:

We need alot of youth and Speed! He would help a great deal!

Miami is active as hell right now whether or not it's all over the media. Word is bond from Ira. Heat has inquired about Mickael Pietrus (Golden State), Mike Bibby (Sacramento), Luke Ridnour (Seattle), Earl Watson (Seattle), Rafer Alston (Houston), Anthony Johnson (Atlanta), and a few others. From what I've heard, there's actually an offer on the table for Houston consisting of Michael Doleac's expiring contract and a 2008 second rounder for Rafer Alston. IMO, such a deal would take place in the event that Washington won't budge on JCN's rights for draft picks (they want to ship us Etan Thomas, Brenden Haywood, or Antonio Daniels' contract). The beef? Houston is interested in Udonis Haslem. Moving forward, we all know about the talked about Pietrus/Posey deal. In such a case, this does not look bad:

G- Jason Williams, Rafer Alston
G- Dwyane Wade, Mickael Pietrus
F- Dorell Wright, Mickael Pietrus
F- Udonis Haslem, Antoine Walker
C- Shaquille O'Neal, Alonzo Mourning

If Doleac is moved which I believe he will be, we'll probably try signing P.J. Brown to a 1-year contract. He has openly said he wants to play in Florida -- Orlando or Miami. Doleac's name has been involved in almost every trade discussion. Easy-to-trade expiring contract for a guy who when called upon isn't a bad backup.

We have a ton of potential scenarios. The Offseason Sky hasn't fallen yet.

I've also heard about a proposal of Jason Williams, Antoine Walker, & a first rounder (2008 or 2009) for Mike Bibby & Kenny Thomas. The deal is better than it looks for Sacramento, as they'd be splitting the years of two bad contracts. J-Will expires one year before Bibby and Toine expires one year before Thomas. Then, you get a draft pick as well.

I mean, it seems like nothing is happening, but there's a lot of discussions.....

Back
Top Bottom