Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason)

You read the latest Heat article wrong. There is no probability of trading or keeping the pick. They have a plan in order, and they are going to wait and see who is there at #20. IMO, if Acie Law or Rodney Stuckey is sitting there, then no way in hell they trade the pick unless a "golden" deal comes into play. It's a wait & see game, really.

Btw, you guys see the latest on the KG fiasco?

Phoenix = Garnett
Atlanta = Amare
Minnesota = #3, #11, & "cap friendly" players

Does Minnesota view Randy Foye as a PG? I think he's more of an undersized SG. Well, Marko Jaric and Troy Hudson suck. Maybe Minnesota would find it smart to wait until next year's draft since they're going to be an awful team this year? Maybe they can dip into the top 3-5 for O.J. Mayo or Derrick Rose. With that said, I like Horford/Wright for Minnesota at #3, Brewer or Green at #7, and instead of Acie Law or Javaris Crittenton.. how about Spencer Hawes at #11? They're going to be awful with that young, inexperienced squad next year, so one would imagine a bid for a top pick in a PG rich draft.
I actually think stock piling picks for this yrs draft would be a great choice for Minn. This yrs draft is full of potential high profile stars. But it does seem pretty steep at point.

I actually think stock piling picks for this yrs draft would be a great choice for Minn. This yrs draft is full of potential high profile stars. But it does seem pretty steep at point.

Yeah Atlanta is in a good position right now and if they get Amare they are still in a good position. All they need to do is get a PG

I like G. Wallace... But Wallace talked crap about Wade's phantom fouls awhile ago... So it won't work with the Heat. But I hope Heat get Ron Artest in a trade... We need a good defender, and underrated scorer like him. Try to get Marc Gasol from Spain for the 20th pick. Get a PG in the 2nd round. IMO.

Or Heat trade their 20th and 39th pick for Luke Ridnour.. That won't be a bad choice...

ACIE LAW TO MIAMI?

LINK

Yahoo! -
League executives believe Acie Law could be the last draft-night invitee to leave Madison Square Garden's green room, possibly falling to the Miami Heat at No. 20.

The Los Angeles Clippers are believed to have settled on Georgia Tech freshman Javaris Crittenton at No. 14, satisfying their need for a young point guard with Shaun Livingston's future uncertain.

And sources say the Atlanta Hawks are unlikely to take Law at No. 11, even if they keep the pick, which reportedly would go to the Minnesota Timberwolves as part of the three-way Kevin Garnett trade involving the Phoenix Suns .

"That would be too much," Law said Wednesday. "That would be too perfect – to play with Dwyane Wade, to play with Shaquille O'Neal, to be coached by Pat Riley."
**busts nutt**

If Law is sitting there between 16-18, IMO, trade that 39th pick and move up.

I wouldn't trust the Lakers.

I still think there is a good chance that they trade the pick for a Vet. I also would not mind Nick Young at 20

I still think there is a good chance that they trade the pick for a Vet. I also would not mind Nick Young at 20

Yeah, if there's no one there who can help the team.

Obviously, Acie Law would be for the present and future.

They'd be dumb not to take him if he's sitting there.

As for Nick Young.. I highly, highly doubt he slips like that.

Yeah, if there's no one there who can help the team.

Obviously, Acie Law would be for the present and future.

They'd be dumb not to take him if he's sitting there.

As for Nick Young.. I highly, highly doubt he slips like that.

I am hoping! :D

Acie Law is the best thing, at this rate, that could happen to Miami.

Rodney Stuckey is probably next best.

But, I'm with you on Nick Young. He's on my top 5 board for #20.
(just don't think there's a chance he slips)

I just don't see the scenario...unless , like I said...Noah starts dropping.

Only a 7' footer will make teams forget about Law....

How does he get past Detroit with all the crap that Billups is talking lately? (chauncey is planning a huge tour)

law isnt getting nowhere near the 20th pick..lol

I was pretty sure Nelson was going to be long gone before the Heat picked in '04. I can't wait for Law to fall to 20 only to see Riley take some 18 yr old freshman.

Back
Top Bottom