**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread** | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

Clemson is done, no NCAA bid again.

It's going to take winning 3 of the last 4 and at least a couple of wins in the ACC tournament.

I just don't see this happening.

They let the season slip away.

It's going to take winning 3 of the last 4 and at least a couple of wins in the ACC tournament.

It's possible they could win 2 of 4 then they'd have to win a game or 2 in the ACC Tourney. i think if they win 3 of 4 they would be in. They are still alive but it is slipping away. The strength of the conf will help them though as long as they can get back on track the last few games.

Marvin also lft because he was a consensus top 2 pick tht year, and his stock would've only gone down had he stayed. Durant and Oden won't see their stock fall as drastically has Marvin would have.

Well thats complete nonsense. The '06 draft stunk and Marvin had a good shot at the #1 overall spot if he had stuck around. Think of the numbers he would of put up on that Carolina squad.

Well thats complete nonsense. The '06 draft stunk and Marvin had a good shot at the #1 overall spot if he had stuck around. Think of the numbers he would of put up on that Carolina squad.

Marvin would have been a top 3 pick in any year he came out.

Did you guys see the latest rankings? only duke could go from unrankd to 17th and 18th in the 2 polls after beating the #21 team and an unranked team:lol: :(

It sure would take alot. I wouldnt be shocked if they did make a run at the ACC Tourney title but its getting slim. I look at the ACC in league standings and its not even comparable to the Big East in league standings if you ask me. Even with my favorite team in the Big East i still believe the Big East is the toughest conference.

It sure would take alot. I wouldnt be shocked if they did make a run at the ACC Tourney title but its getting slim. I look at the ACC in league standings and its not even comparable to the Big East in league standings if you ask me. Even with my favorite team in the Big East i still believe the Big East is the toughest conference.

The BE is the toughest conference? Have you watched CBB this year? The BE has a bunch of good teams, no great teams then in the 2nd half of the league it's awful. In the ACC there is 1-2 really bad teams while in the BE there are about 6 PLUS the BE doesn't have a top team like UNC. Outside of UNC and the bottom of the conf they are similar in that it's very competitive but the ACC is definitely better this year as it is in most years.

Michigan State stuns No. 1 Wisconsin

200702201911690890533pfwidec-1.jpg

Wisconsin's Michael Flowers, right, dives for the ball against Michigan State's Drew Naymick.

Wisconsin's first-ever game as the nation's No. 1 team didn't go as planned.The Badgers (26-3) were stunned by unranked Michigan State on Tuesday. The Spartans used a 7-0 run in the final minutes for a 64-53 win.

The Spartans (20-8) also got a much-needed win to boost their NCAA Tournament hopes. They were led by junior Drew Neitzel's 28 points.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17248880/

Mich St fans storming the court!! PLEASE!!!! how stupid. This is a school that won a national title just a few years ago now they are storming the court after a home win vs friggin Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!

Mich St fans storming the court!! PLEASE!!!! how stupid. This is a school that won a national title just a few years ago now they are storming the court after a home win vs friggin Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!

I agree, what a joke. This is one of the top 10 programs in the country and a team who has 20 wins this season. I mean if this was Penn St. in the Big 10 I could understand it but Michigan St? The fact that Tom Izzo defended this on Mike and Mike this morning is even a bigger joke. He should know better and Michigan St. is to good of a team to allow their fans to pull a stunt like this!

They are a bubble tourney team, they beat the #1 team in the Country and maybe are in the Tourney now.

I agree, what a joke. This is one of the top 10 programs in the country and a team who has 20 wins this season. I mean if this was Penn St. in the Big 10 I could understand it but Michigan St? The fact that Tom Izzo defended this on Mike and Mike this morning is even a bigger joke. He should know better and Michigan St. is to good of a team to allow their fans to pull a stunt like this!

duke fans stormed the court after a win over Va tech last year.

The BE is the toughest conference? Have you watched CBB this year? The BE has a bunch of good teams, no great teams then in the 2nd half of the league it's awful. In the ACC there is 1-2 really bad teams while in the BE there are about 6 PLUS the BE doesn't have a top team like UNC. Outside of UNC and the bottom of the conf they are similar in that it's very competitive but the ACC is definitely better this year as it is in most years.

The ACC

The Big East

I dont really trust the ESPN Bracketology because they have Villanova in over Syracuse which only makes sense if you go by the dumb computers. Syracuse has a better conference record, overall record and even beat them head to head. Well anyways, heres the bracketology, the Big East as of right now is projected to have more teams in the tournament than the ACC, although this isnt saying too much.

Current Bracketology

And also, the Big East doesnt have a standout team like North Carolina beacuase it is more competitive and the teams are more equal. They also have more teams in the top 25. But to tell you the truth, its hard to not pick Pitt and Georgetown as standout teams.

If you ask me, the ACC deserves about 6 teams in the Tourney while the Big East deserves around 8....it will end up at 7 though.

I will give you the point that the bottom of the Big East doesnt compare to the Bottom of the ACC but the Big East is also a larger conference, so someone has to suck.

The ACC

The Big East

I dont really trust the ESPN Bracketology because they have Villanova in over Syracuse which only makes sense if you go by the dumb computers. Syracuse has a better conference record, overall record and even beat them head to head. Well anyways, heres the bracketology, the Big East as of right now is projected to have more teams in the tournament than the ACC, although this isnt saying too much.

Current Bracketology

And also, the Big East doesnt have a standout team like North Carolina beacuase it is more competitive and the teams are more equal. They also have more teams in the top 25. But to tell you the truth, its hard to not pick Pitt and Georgetown as standout teams.

I don't know what your links are supposed to prove? There are so many bad teams int he BE of course records will beinflated and if you think SU should be in over Nova you haven't been watching. SU beat no one in the non-conf while 'Nova has beaten quality teams. SU has 1 win over a ranked team all year and they have beaten up on the bad teams int eh conf much like georgetown who got beat up in the non-conf then magically ahve been doing nothing but winning when playing BE games. The ACC is better, after Carolina the ACC and the BE are very similar- alot of good but no great teams but the BE teams have an advantage b/c they ahve so many easy wins at the bot of the conf.

If you ask me, the ACC deserves about 6 teams in the Tourney while the Big East deserves around 8....it will end up at 7 though.

I will give you the point that the bottom of the Big East doesnt compare to the Bottom of the ACC but the Big East is also a larger conference, so someone has to suck.

They probably both deserve around 7 w/ the struggles of some ACC teams lately but the ACC is tougher b/c you have less gimme's so of course teams will be losing this time of year.

I don't know what your links are supposed to prove? There are so many bad teams int he BE of course records will beinflated and if you think SU should be in over Nova you haven't been watching. SU beat no one in the non-conf while 'Nova has beaten quality teams. SU has 1 win over a ranked team all year and they have beaten up on the bad teams int eh conf much like georgetown who got beat up in the non-conf then magically ahve been doing nothing but winning when playing BE games. The ACC is better, after Carolina the ACC and the BE are very similar- alot of good but no great teams but the BE teams have an advantage b/c they ahve so many easy wins at the bot of the conf.

They probably both deserve around 7 w/ the struggles of some ACC teams lately but the ACC is tougher b/c you have less gimme's so of course teams will be losing this time of year.

Well Syracuse DID beat Nova so that must count for something at the end of the day. I mean computers, schedules, rankings......when head to head is out there, WHO WON THE GAME!!!!! They do play again in a week and Nova better win that one or else they won't get in over SU.

Well i dont believe you have been watching. If syracuse isnt good enough because of how they played in non-conference then i understand. But no way in heck does Nova deserve to be in, especially over syracuse. Nova's Big East record is below .500 and syracuses is a couple games above .500. Nova'a overall record is worse while syracuse even beat them and if you saw that game you know for darn sure that Nova was never in it. I dont believe either team has proven that they should be in the NCAA tournament. But i do believe at least one of them will get in. Syracuse's remaining schedule is more favorable then villanovas. But the biggest matchup is when they play on March 3rd. I truly believe that the winner of that game will clinch a spot to the tourney. If syracuse wins their next two against providence and Georgetown I think that game will be just for better seeding then. But the way Syracuse plays who knows if theyll even beat providence. I just dont think either team has proven anything.

Back
Top Bottom