**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread** | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

Well Syracuse DID beat Nova so that must count for something at the end of the day. I mean computers, schedules, rankings......when head to head is out there, WHO WON THE GAME!!!!! They do play again in a week and Nova better win that one or else they won't get in over SU.

That game was at Syracuse, they get another shot at home. Secondly SU has a better BE record but they have played the easier BE sched of the 2. SU is NOT a tourney team at the moment, I wouldn't be upset if Nova got in, they may not be worthy but they are more worthy than SU. SU is 64 in the rpi w/a SOS of 55, 'Nova ia 18th w/ a SOS of 6.

Well i dont believe you have been watching. If syracuse isnt good enough because of how they played in non-conference then i understand. But no way in heck does Nova deserve to be in, especially over syracuse. Nova's Big East record is below .500 and syracuses is a couple games above .500. Nova'a overall record is worse while syracuse even beat them and if you saw that game you know for darn sure that Nova was never in it. I dont believe either team has proven that they should be in the NCAA tournament. But i do believe at least one of them will get in. Syracuse's remaining schedule is more favorable then villanovas. But the biggest matchup is when they play on March 3rd. I truly believe that the winner of that game will clinch a spot to the tourney. If syracuse wins their next two against providence and Georgetown I think that game will be just for better seeding then. But the way Syracuse plays who knows if theyll even beat providence. I just dont think either team has proven anything.

'Nova has played a more difficult BE sched, that's the only reason SU has a better BE record. 'Nova played 6 BE games against ranked teams, 'Nova has played 3, 'Nova didn't get to play USF or SJU while SU played 3 games against those 2.

Unless SU wins their last 3 they will have to win a BE Tourney game or 2 to make the NCAA's. The providence gmae is huge, Prov is working their way on the bubble and it's at Providence and SU is coming in after a week off- that game will be very tough for SU.

If Nova doesn't get to .500 inside the conference, I dont' care what their RPI and SOS is.........they ain't going!!!!!!!!

If Nova doesn't get to .500 inside the conference, I dont' care what their RPI and SOS is.........they ain't going!!!!!!!!

I have no problem w/ that but they still deserve to go before SU so if 'Nova doesn't make it than SU isn't making it.

I have no problem w/ that but they still deserve to go before SU so if 'Nova doesn't make it than SU isn't making it.

Well if SU beats Nova twice and is above .500 in the conference with over 20 wins on the season..........guess what, they are going!!!!

It isn't Nova vs SU. That isn't what its about. Nova isn't even .500 in what you yourself said is a mediocre Big East.

Well if SU beats Nova twice and is above .500 in the conference with over 20 wins on the season..........guess what, they are going!!!!

It isn't Nova vs SU. That isn't what its about. Nova isn't even .500 in what you yourself said is a mediocre Big East.

I agree, I said SU still can make it but they need at least 2 of 3 wins and probably a BE Tourney win unless one of the 2 wins in the last 3 reg season games is against Georgetown.

I agree, I said SU still can make it but they need at least 2 of 3 wins and probably a BE Tourney win unless one of the 2 wins in the last 3 reg season games is against Georgetown.

I think you're 100% right on this. Just getting to 20 wins isnt enough for them with the way they played earlier this year. I think if they win out there is no doubt in my mind they get in. A win over georgetown and villanova would be absoultely huge.

Well SU just pretty much knocked Providence out of the NCAA tourney (short of them winning the BE tourney of course). Also puts SU at 20 wins and 9-5 inside the conference!

Providence is at .500 inside the big east but this loss really hurts them.One less team to worry about there for SU though.

Well SU just pretty much knocked Providence out of the NCAA tourney (short of them winning the BE tourney of course). Also puts SU at 20 wins and 9-5 inside the conference!

Providence is at .500 inside the big east but this loss really hurts them.One less team to worry about there for SU though.

Absolutely HUGE win for the 'cuse. If they can take Georgetown down on senior night it would be amazing.

Nice win by SU, the job is almost done. A win over GU and they may be in but I'd want a BET win to be safe, a win over both GU and 'Nova and they are in, just a win over 'Nova and they will still need a tourney win. They are getting close though.

Beating Marquette should secure ND's position in the tournement.

Yeah, i had my doubts about them but i think there a very good team. I really dont think a whole lot of Marquette though. Even Syracuse beat them.

SO... I'm guessing the preseason predictions of Paul Harris or Hasheem Thabeet being Big East Freshman of the Year has been set aside in favor of Scottie Reynolds being the winner.

I'm actually interested in who ya'll think are the Freshmen of the Year in each conference.

Big East-Scottie Reynolds
ACC-Brendan Wright
Big 10-Greg Oden
Big 12-Kevin Durant
Pac 10-... It will either be Chase Buddinger,Spencer Hawes, or one of the Lopez Twins (I think it's Brook that got the Triple Double earlier this year).
SEC-Dunno, don't know who the top freshmen in that conference are.
Overall-Kevin Durant

if you thought this year's Freshman class was good, wait till next year. Granted no one is as talented as Durant or Oden, but the top tier as a whole is IMO better than this year's top players.

Next year you've got Derrick Rose, Eric Gordon, Michael Beasely, OJ Mayo,Kyle Singler,Kevin Love (my pick for Freshman of the year in 07/08),Donte Green, Jarryd Bayless,DeAndre Jordan, Kosta Koufos, and Patrick Patterson. That's a damn good list, and there are still some more.

Next year's class looks good as well but it's going to be awhile before this year's claas is passed.

Paul Harris has played good lately but its too late too little for Freshman of the year, he will be very good next year.

Back
Top Bottom