**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread** | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

Not a huge college basketball fan, but ive been following it more closely this year. I was watching the UF v LSU game yesterday and they said that Florida had already locked up the SEC title. Does that mean there is no SEC tournament?? It also said Memphis locked up the CUSA title, and i am mainly wondering because i hope their is still the CUSA tournament because i want to see how UCF will do.

Not a huge college basketball fan, but ive been following it more closely this year. I was watching the UF v LSU game yesterday and they said that Florida had already locked up the SEC title. Does that mean there is no SEC tournament?? It also said Memphis locked up the CUSA title, and i am mainly wondering because i hope their is still the CUSA tournament because i want to see how UCF will do.

Both conferences will still have conference tournaments, both schools just locked up the regular season titles!

Maryland just became the third team guaranteed a spot in the tournament from the ACC!

PS: DJ Strawberry is becoming one heck of a basketball player. He seems to step his game up when Maryland plays big teams. He's shined against UNC and Duke this year. Duke and Maryland next. No way Maryland jumps out to a 29-9 advantage this time around!

They might have all the talent in the world, but those are still 18 yr old kids out there. Can't blame Wright for bricking the FTs. Unless your name is Micheal or Kevin you shouldn't be asked to win games at that age.

so say Memphis wins the regular season title, and UCF wins the CUSA tourney, whose considered the champion of CUSA?

so say Memphis wins the regular season title, and UCF wins the CUSA tourney, whose considered the champion of CUSA?

One's considered the regular season conference champion and one is considered the tournament champion. The difference is that the winner of the conference tournament gets an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. The regular season champion doesn't!

They might have all the talent in the world, but those are still 18 yr old kids out there. Can't blame Wright for bricking the FTs. Unless your name is Micheal or Kevin you shouldn't be asked to win games at that age.

He's a horrible FT shooter, honestly he shouldn't touch the ball in that situation unless it's on a putback b/c he has no shto to hit those FTs. That's the biggest flaw in his game and w/ such a smooth stroke I think he'll eventually be a good FT shooter but he's terrible now.

The game changing play was the Frasor missed layup then MD 3, that was a 5 point swing and MD took over after that sequence. This team is maddening, thye look so good at times ans so bad at other times. I still think they can win it all but I also think they could go out as early as rd 2.

Teams will hang banners for reg season Championships but the recognized Champion is the Tourney Champ.

I think SU is in now with the win over G'Town

I think so but just to be 100% safe they need to either beat 'Nova or win their 1st rd BET game.

No they don't. 21 wins. 10-5 inside the conference. They are in regardless.

No they don't. 21 wins. 10-5 inside the conference. They are in regardless.

If they didn't play in the BE they wouldn't be even on the bubble right now but b/c the BE as a million teams and a million easy wins they will likely get in but 21 wins when 2 of them were against ranked teams is not impressive, 10-5 in a bad BE is not impressive. it's not a coinicedence GU, UL, SU stunk until they started playing BE games. In reality SU is 53 in the RPI and is at 59 in SOS. They have 2 wins over ranked teams all year, marquette and Georgetown and both are fringe top 20 teams. They played, as usual, a creampuff non-conf sched and the 10 wins they have in the BE only 2 came from teams in the upper half of the conf. In reality SU shouldn't be in the tourney, they likely are b/c they got "hot" beating SJU, USF, UConn, prov and GU at home. 2 good wins for the resume but they have MORE bad losses for the resume: Wich State at home, Drexel at home, at St. John's, at UConn. 2 good wins, 4 bad losses- which stands out? They are likely in but to be sure they had better not lose to 'Nova then lose in the 1st rd of their conf tourney.

anybody know if UCF is going to make the tournament? I would think 20+ wins would be enough but Memphis is going to win the conference. UCF should come in 2nd

anybody know if UCF is going to make the tournament? I would think 20+ wins would be enough but Memphis is going to win the conference. UCF should come in 2nd

UCF has no shot unless they win the CUSA Tourney.

NOPE! It sucks, we only played 2 opponents in the top 50. Memphis and another team and we lost both. I think we are the 2nd best team in CUSA so we could win the tourney, if somehow Memphis gets upset(which i doubt)

Back
Top Bottom