Official past draft picks discussion thread. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official past draft picks discussion thread.

It is...three in this upcoming draft, but I think Ajayi is showing he can fill that void...this isn't anything against Elliot and until this year, I wouldn't have put that high a vlue on the position, but don't be surprised to see several backs go top 25 this year.

This RB emergence is a response to team building their defenses around stopping the pass....getting smaller quicker DE, Hybrid s/LBs...these teams who build grind it on the ground will enjoy success until defenses respond.

I'd still draft another physical back, but I'd pass on drafting one in the first 2 rnds. Ballage and foreman stand out a lot for me. 1st round talents that probably go late second or 3rd. I'd love to pair one of these guys up with Ajayi and just let them grind NFL defenses down all year. No matter what tannehill becomes or not, I think the dedication to the power run game is here to stay.

It's too bad we drafted drake and not Howard last draft. Had Gase known what Williams was going to be become I don't think we draft drake.

I think smaller defenses is clearly part of the TV emergence but I think a bigger part is just straight up, teams and coaches finally remembering how much easier the nfl is for everyone when the run game is good. There is no other aspect in an nfl game that benefits the entire team the way a run game does.

We took Ajayi in the 5th and if he was in Dallas right now would be in the mvp discussion. There is a higher chance to hit on a running back then any other position on the field. That is why you shouldn't waste a 1st rounder. Especially when almost all teams are looking for pass rushers who aren't as easy to find.

It has nothing to do with talent of the rbs but just means of production.

Ajayi was a 2nd rnd level talent though, the knee issues are what pushed him back. If you look at the top backs in the NFL right now, most of them were drafted high or should have been.

And the idea that Zeke is replaceable is ridiculous to me. He's showing the total package out there. He legit can do it all at a very high level.

Ajayi was a 2nd rnd level talent though, the knee issues are what pushed him back. If you look at the top backs in the NFL right now, most of them were drafted high or should have been.

And the idea that Zeke is replaceable is ridiculous to me. He's showing the total package out there. He legit can do it all at a very high level.

Oh I agree with you these guys are first round talents. I just don't think the position as a whole is worth being taken in the first. It's like a Kicker you wouldn't take them in the first unless you are the Jets. I feel QB, Pass rush, CB, Safeties and O line are more important and should be taken as early as possible because the chance of finding that talent is harder. The draft is mostly gambling, you grab the information that you can and hope you hit your numbers. I personally feel that it's easier to hit on a running back then any other position. That's why I say you shouldn't draft them in the first.

We do a redraft and Miami has a choice of Elliott or Tunsil, I still take Tunsil without even thinking about it.

I'd still draft another physical back, but I'd pass on drafting one in the first 2 rnds. Ballage and foreman stand out a lot for me. 1st round talents that probably go late second or 3rd. I'd love to pair one of these guys up with Ajayi and just let them grind NFL defenses down all year. No matter what tannehill becomes or not, I think the dedication to the power run game is here to stay.

It's too bad we drafted drake and not Howard last draft. Had Gase known what Williams was going to be become I don't think we draft drake.

I think smaller defenses is clearly part of the TV emergence but I think a bigger part is just straight up, teams and coaches finally remembering how much easier the nfl is for everyone when the run game is good. There is no other aspect in an nfl game that benefits the entire team the way a run game does.

I agree 100 percent with this. I'd go defense round one, unless Cam Robinson drops into the team's lap like Laremy Tunsil did last year. But, I'd also find one more power back to combine with Jay Ajayi....love Foreman. I'd guess, though, that he may go end round 1 or early round 2 no?

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

On the other side of the coin, Miami needs to find players who can stop the run. I'd go heavy on linebackers in this draft and hopefully find that power back in the 3rd or 4th.

I agree 100 percent with this. I'd go defense round one, unless Cam Robinson drops into the team's lap like Laremy Tunsil did last year. But, I'd also find one more power back to combine with Jay Ajayi....love Foreman. I'd guess, though, that he may go end round 1 or early round 2 no?

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

On the other side of the coin, Miami needs to find players who can stop the run. I'd go heavy on linebackers in this draft and hopefully find that power back in the 3rd or 4th.

Ideally we can find one linebacker in free agency and one in the draft.

IMO we still need that second workhorse back, Ajayis knee issue isn't something that's ever going away, it's going to happen one day we just don't know when, we need to be prepared for that.

I don't know where foreman gets drafted, but he's the ideal player for us IMO.

But I also admittedly have a fetish for running backs and I'd probably have 2-3 studs on the roster if it was up to me.

It's a little depressing to me that with all the great threads Slimm started and stickied in this forum, pretty much the only thread producing consistent conversation is the "I was right you were wrong/hindsight" thread about past drafts, lol.

It's a little depressing to me that with all the great threads Slimm started and stickied in this forum, pretty much the only thread producing consistent conversation is the "I was right you were wrong/hindsight" thread about past drafts, lol.

Honestly I started this thread so draft people on this site could have something to talk about when the general forum was in full cesspool mode.

And most people aren't anywhere near as up to date with college draft prospects as yourself or some others, but we still like to talk draft stuff, so this is a way to have that outlet.

Slimms threads and insight is great, but I don't know 95% of those players so there really isn't much to say.

And lets be serious, "I told you so", is a big part of the draft world. And looking back is fun to see where you were wrong/right IMO.

I knew I would get the Dallas oline rebuttal. As if that changes the fact Zeke looks incredible.

This forum has a real odd way of constantly trying to give credit to everyone else besides the player, playing well. Or blame blame everyone else for a player, playing bad. As if it's mutual exclusive that only the oline or he RB could be playing great.

Dalllas oline is great, we all know this. But no other RB looked this good behind it ever. Darren McFadden and Alfred Morris are not going to do what Zeke is doing or anything even close to it.

Nobody said Zeke wasn't great... I just said that "I" would rather have a great OL than RB...better long term investment..Great Linemen tend to stay "greater" than even a great RB..based on wear and tear...that's it.

For all the talk of how much the oline and run game benefits Dak, I've seen him get away from pass rushers and turn a positive play at least 3 times in this game alone. he knew exactly where the pressure was coming from, and knew exactly how far it was, no panic at all, took his time deciding if he wanted to run or throw, waited until last possible second to make his decision, trying to allow his WRs to get open. Kid is impressive.

Wish we drafted him.

Myles Jack looks like a complete mess in the NFL.
Killabrew has been awesome, really wish we drafted that dude.
I was never high on Treadwell, but he cant be this bad can he? Guy can't even get on the field.
Nkemdiche is proving those who doubted his character, right.

Not many people had any of Danielle Hunter, Frank Clark, or Trey Flowers ranked ahead of D. Fowler. I had them all ranked ahead of him. On a different forum, on which I no longer participate, I had people ask me why I had a bunch of scrubs rates ahead of Fowler. Well, Hunter has 9.5 sacks on the season, Clark has 7.5, and Flowers has 4 - compared to 2.5 for Fowler. Not much to like about his game - then or now. That's forgetting Beasley, who about half the people rated ahead of Fowler.

Vic Beasley with the sack and forced fumble and Grady Jarrett with the recovery. Atlanta's terrific 2015 Draft is paying off in a big way.

Back
Top Bottom