**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Incorrect. The tag means that the incumbant team has right of first refusal...but ANY team out there has the right to make an offer which...if accepted by the player, MUST be matched by the incumbant team. That's why some teams make offers which the incumbant team cannot match. Also, if the incumbant team loses the player, they are entitled to a certain level of compensation from the team that took him...depending on what level they tagged the player at.

Wow, I step out and my fellow Dolphin fans take care of business here.....yes, he would still be an Unrestricted Free Agent.

Still game here or are you ready to bow out Pats? :)

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Those were the same "unwanted" players that swept your Jills this year though...Huh!

Kinda like Bledsoe for you guys.

Nice job on the 97 total yards this year game 1

Stick to what you originally accused me of saying. Don't change the topic because you couldn't prove that I said it. :tongue:

Originally posted by justafan

Spin it all you want, it's obvious some finfans were getting excited. All we did was laugh :lol:

Yeah, I've always characterized Bills' fans as being delusional, but this Manning to Phins thing takes the cake.

Originally posted by pats4life
Has there ever been a player with the franchise tag that has signed a contract with another team and his original team not matched?

It usually never gets to that point...because nobody wants to lose a guy like that (they usually just extend their contracts), But peyton seems to want to test the market...

The problem is that it is too costly to tag him.........

As for your question......I think it has happened....not sure though...

Originally posted by dreaded34

Wow, I step out and my fellow Dolphin fans take care of business here.....yes, he would still be an Unrestricted Free Agent.

Still game here or are you ready to bow out Pats? :)

He would not be a UNRESTRICTED free agent you could put him in the restricted free agent group because he does not control his own movement. Do agree with that? ;)

Let me give you a little help here....first of all....regardless...the player is still an Unrestricted Free Agent. The UFA can be designated with the franchise tag...either an exclusive or non-exclusive franchise player.

Pats - your scenerio would be right if they make tag him exclusive. Then no other teams can negotiate and they will have to pay him or a 20% increase from his current salary - whicever is greater. No other teams can negotiate.

If, they tender him non-exclusive then he can negotiate with other teams and can match any offer to retain him. If signed by another team they will recieve two #1 draft picks in return.

Is anyone aware of the two team Peyton wanted to play for most. Miami and Denver. He wanted to either replace Marino or Elway. What do you guys say we give him a chance?

He would not be a UNRESTRICTED free agent you could put him in the restricted free agent group because he does not control his own movement. Do agree with that? ;)

You're both wrong...he's not a Free Agent of any sort...he's a Tagged player and as such has his own rules from that point on.

You mean transition tag?

Nope, the transition tag is completely different. If tagged transition the club will have the option an offer from another team. To use that tag, the team has to offer the the player the average of like the top 10 not the top 5 or 20% increase - whichever is greater.

Originally posted by dreaded34

Nope, the transition tag is completely different. If tagged transition the club will have the option an offer from another team. To use that tag, the team has to offer the the player the average of like the top 10 not the top 5 or 20% increase - whichever is greater.
Yeah, I know. We did that with Price.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

You're both wrong...he's not a Free Agent of any sort...he's a Tagged player and as such has his own rules from that point on.

His classification is a UFA with a franchise tag. Still viewed as a UFA by the NFLPA. End of story!

Yo Einstein, no one saying it isn't possible unless you restructure a lot of you players contracts. Has anyone on this team spoken to players if whether they are willing to restructure/extend ? No!!!! Do you have a GM ? No!!!!!!

I hope you get Manning because the core of this team will be in trouble.

At least Mannings cap hit alone will equal the cap spent on d. :D Go for it, I don't care.

Bills fans scared. haha! Manning to Chambers. Sounds good. Manning to Cecil Collins and the Mark bros. :lol: By the time you sign him, those are the only wr's you guys can afford. BTW, Richmond Webb will come cheap too. :lol:

You are really into this aren't ya??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your getting all upset....:lol: :lol:

And why would we lose are core players when we basically are even when we get rid of fiedler and griese???
So to come up with 10 mil cap space
8mil Madison take half tim bowens loses 2mil
that's 6mil in space if we cut mcknight and Thompson with no salary cap ramifications were at 10mil and we have plenty more trimming to do.............OMG I am Einstein's second coming.....thankyou justbeenswept err I mean justafan

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

My understanding is the salary cap does not come into effect until the week before the season, that was the situation with the Patriots and Milloy, B.B. said they either had to cut him or restructure to get under the cap when the season started he wouldnt and they had to cut him and if that is the case then the Colts would have all sumer to get under the cap by either relaesing players or redoing contracts or trading him.

Correct but they half to pay him the money if they tag him.....and if they tag him he would be untradeable with an 18mil salary someone would have to absorb

Originally posted by FinFrenzy

You are really into this aren't ya??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your getting all upset....:lol: :lol:

And why would we lose are core players when we basically are even when we get rid of fiedler and griese???
So to come up with 10 mil cap space
8mil Madison take half tim bowens loses 2mil
that's 6mil in space if we cut mcknight and Thompson with no salary cap ramifications were at 10mil and we have plenty more trimming to do.............OMG I am Einstein's second coming.....thankyou justbeenswept :lol: :lol:
Haha and :lol: means I'm laughing.

Well have you spoken to the other players whether they will restructure. Have you asked your new GM yet? My point is that the fins don't even know where they are at and have yet to hire a GM who will make the decisions. :D

Back
Top Bottom