**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread

Originally posted by Satchboogie
The Colts have yet to offer him an extension. They had preliminary talks and decided to wait until the season is over to continue contract talks. So no offer was made, thus Peyton hasn't rejected anything so there is zero truth to your statement manning wants to test the market. Get your facts straight.

Stop making things up......he was offered a 70 million 5 year extension and he rejected it because it was backloaded....

Originally posted by pats4life
Why do you people think the Colts will not slap the tag on him, I listened to John Clayton of ESPN the other day and he said the same think, there is no possibility of Payton Manning going into unrestricted free agency they will TAG regardless of the price and then they will negotiate a contract, I have never heard PM say that he wants out of INDY and either has any one else! If you want him you will need to trade for him.

You are just refusing to read.......THEY CAN'T TAG HIM BECAUSE IF HE RESIGNS HE WOULD COST 23% OF THE CAP!!!!!!!!!!! That cold weather up there has frozen your brain.

I dont know you and you sure the heck dont know me but I will put my knowledge of the game up against you any time. If you are really that much out of touch to believe that you will get arguably the best Q.B in the game for jack think again mate it aint happening the dolphins may get manning but it is going to cost them them the house, if the trade is made it could be the Hersel Walker trade all over again I think we all know how that trade turned out.

I'm game! Bring it on! (I've seen your posts!)

BTW - I never said that I thought the Dolphins would get Manning, I was only commenting on the quality of your posts.

Let's start by having you explain to me the Hershel Walker trade all over again? I know Minnesota didn't fair too well in the deal, but you think Manning would end up being like Hershel Walker????

Don't know where you you get your info but it is incorrect. He has not been offered a contract extension. That was an inaccurate report that was refuted by both Colts management and Manning when it came out. Face it Manning is going anywhere. You're stuck with Fee Fee.

Why can't they tag him. At 15 million He's taking up almost 23% of the cap this year also and it isn't a problem. Next year he would have to be paid 18 million. Hell the Cap is probably going up at least 3 million. We also have some dead weight to get off the books!. Adam Meadows 5 million! Gone. Chad Bratzke 4 million! Gone! Stick to your team you obviuosly know nothing about the Colts.You Fin fans are livivg a pipe dream.

Originally posted by Section126

Stop making things up......he was offered a 70 million 5 year extension and he rejected it because it was backloaded....

You are just refusing to read.......THEY CAN'T TAG HIM BECAUSE IF HE RESIGNS HE WOULD COST 23% OF THE CAP!!!!!!!!!!! That cold weather up there has frozen your brain.

Originally posted by Satchboogie
Don't know where you you get your info but it is incorrect. He has not been offered a contract extension. That was an inaccurate report that was refuted by both Colts management and Manning when it came out. Face it Manning is going anywhere. You're stuck with Fee Fee.
Why can't they tag him. At 15 million He's taking up almost 23% of the cap this year also and it isn't a problem. Next year he would have to be paid 18 million. Hell the Cap is probably going up at least 3 million. We also have some dead weight to get off the books!. Adam Meadows 5 million! Gone. Chad Bratzke 4 million! Gone! Stick to your team you obviuosly know nothing about the Colts.You Fin fans are livivg a pipe dream.

Fiedler is gone buddy.......Mark Brunell is probably coming in........
As for Peyton......you better hope you re-sign him...because we will go after him hard if he becomes available........

;)

Originally posted by Samphin
This is a very strange thread. Hank says a blurb on the radio (I assume) and this place goes nuts. Folks, If the Colts win the Super Bowl, Manning isn't going naywhere. In fact, the deal that the NFLPA accepted years ago almost makes it impossible for huge free agents to go eslewhere. Although I would love to have Manning here, perhaps it is wise to concetrate on his little brother instead. I just wouldn't get "wood" for Payton just yet.

Justafan, about this bridge, which island is it on? :lol:

Dude......and I guess everybody else.....let me clarify again....

THIS THREAD WAS FOR FUN!!

I never intended for it to be or get serious. It was supposed to be over-the-top. :lol:

Yea, it starts out as fun and then you get a few mindless fans from other teams involved and it gets ugly....but still fun messin with mindless fans though!

Originally posted by Muck

I never intended for it to be or get serious. It was supposed to be over-the-top. :lol:

It is over the top.....But if he does become available......Don't be surprised......:D

IT CAN HAPPEN.

I am not saying its not possible and yea the idea of manning playing for the Dolphins does not make me all warm inside :confused: but I cant see the Colts letting him go and unless they cannot afford the big signing bonus that he would command and then I believe they would trade him but can Miami afford him lets be honest I cant see how you guys can fit a 10-12 mil contact under your cap unless you were prepard to cut a lot of players and not bother to upgrade the Oline and the W.R postion and if those spots are not upgraded does it really matter who the Q.B is? But if you did get him you would have one of the best Q.B's in football but I would still take Brady thats just my opinion, I still have not seen Manning win a big game perhaps that will change but I doubt it, I see Denver ending the Colts season this weekend, just a little food for thought you might get manning but you would still have Wanny and well we know who the better coach is! :D In Belichick we trust;)

If we lost just Jay and Brian it would free up about 8 mil i think. We dont need a good backup (save $$ there) Payton never goes out. That leaves 4 mil. Perhpas some restructure or loss of madison/bowens etc and cut thompson, mcknight etc. it may be possible. Payton would have to really think he is the lissing piece and want to take a pay cut to get his ring.

Originally posted by Muck

But the billy goat fans think this is for real... They have started a couple of their own threads about this thread alone !! :goof:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35267

:spit:

:roflmao:

Marino1983

Funny how it was a finfan trying to defend Hank. If he says it it must be true. Other finfans trying to put a spin on the cap. haha!

Spin it all you want, it's obvious some finfans were getting excited. All we did was laugh :lol:

Originally posted by Section126

Man pull your head out of the sand. HE WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENCY! Everone who knows anything says the same thing he will be tagged. If you ask any of the pundants they will tell you the same thing he will get tagged regardless of the cost, they do not have to be under the cap until the season begins so the cost during the off season is not an issue and if they need to waive or restructure to keep they will. Its possible that he could be traded but if traded I could see him going to the Chargers, they are unsure about drafting another Q.B in the first round. Perhaps then the Colts pick Eli Manning that would be something brothers being traded for each other! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Marino1983
Hum justa and this thread http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14312 was a testament to how the goat fans NEVER get excited and look at their team with rose colored glasses on ...

:rolleyes2

Marino1983
What' your point? Like a finfans didn't say the fins were going undefeated. :rolleyes: Sb? Yeah , a lot of finfans thought that.Everyone talks about their possible record .

I was talking about finfans getting excited about Manning. Stick to something close to it for a reply.

How about this, we got excited about Spikes, we got him. Kinda along the same lines and not a record prediction. You're way off.

Back
Top Bottom