**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread

This is a very strange thread. Hank says a blurb on the radio (I assume) and this place goes nuts. Folks, If the Colts win the Super Bowl, Manning isn't going naywhere. In fact, the deal that the NFLPA accepted years ago almost makes it impossible for huge free agents to go eslewhere. Although I would love to have Manning here, perhaps it is wise to concetrate on his little brother instead. I just wouldn't get "wood" for Payton just yet.

Justafan, about this bridge, which island is it on? :lol:

Originally posted by pats4life

Trust me they will tag him! They will not allow him to just walk away without anything in value, I'm not saything that they cant get him I am saying that they are teams with more cap space and with more to offer the Colts in a trade than the Dolphins do.

You are not reading it.......if they tag......they have to devote 23% of their total cap to him.

A sign and trade is their best option.....the problem is that everybody else will just wait the Colts out till they just have to let him go via free agency (Feb. 28th I think).

Their best course of action is for Peyton to just sign the extension they offered him....BUT he has rejected it. He wants to test the market.

The Colts have yet to offer him an extension. They had preliminary talks and decided to wait until the season is over to continue contract talks. So no offer was made, thus Peyton hasn't rejected anything so there is zero truth to your statement manning wants to test the market. Get your facts straight.

Originally posted by Section126

You are not reading it.......if they tag......they have to devote 23% of their total cap to him.

A sign and trade is their best option.....the problem is that everybody else will just wait the Colts out till they just have to let him go via free agency (Feb. 28th I think).

Their best course of action is for Peyton to just sign the extension they offered him....BUT he has rejected it. He wants to test the market.

Originally posted by justafan
You're just guessing aren't ya? Tell me how much are the fins over the cap next year? Do you even know? Show me nos. Don't tell me we'll cut this and that .

Yo, justafan...in case you didn't notice, you are the outsider here. You want numbers? You pull them up to prove anyone on this thread wrong. This IS a Dolphins message board.

One other question what would you need to trade for Manning 5 first rounders or something like that, even if the colts choose to trade Manning they would trade him to the highest bidder and other than draft picks you really dont have much to offer in trade that would not do serious damage to your salary cap.

I am a serious knowledgeable football fan and I get nuthin from my team every year. This guy doesn't know didly and has seen his team win the Superbowl in the last 5 years with a good head coach and will probably contend for the SB this year? Life isn't fair!

Last edited by a moderator:
One other question what would you need to trade for Manning 5 first rounders or something like that, even if the colts choose to trade Manning they would trade him to the highest bidder and other than draft picks you really dont have much to offer in trade that would not do serious damage to your salary cap.

since Indy can't franchise him (they would have to give peyton 18 mill a season, 23% of their cap), then they'll most likley do the non exlusive franchise tag, which means any team can bid for that player, but must give the colts 2 first round picks.

worth it? sure... take our 2004, and 2005 first rounders. for PM it's no problem.

Originally posted by dreaded34

I am a serious knowledgeable football fan and I get nuthin from my team every year. This guy doesn't know didly and has seen his team win the Superbowl in the last 5 years with a good head coach and will probably contend for the SB this year? Life isn't fair!

I dont know you and you sure the heck dont know me but I will put my knowledge of the game up against you any time. If you are really that much out of touch to believe that you will get arguably the best Q.B in the game for jack think again mate it aint happening the dolphins may get manning but it is going to cost them them the house, if the trade is made it could be the Hersel Walker trade all over again I think we all know how that trade turned out.

Why do you people think the Colts will not slap the tag on him, I listened to John Clayton of ESPN the other day and he said the same think, there is no possibility of Payton Manning going into unrestricted free agency they will TAG regardless of the price and then they will negotiate a contract, I have never heard PM say that he wants out of INDY and either has any one else! If you want him you will need to trade for him.

One other thing a team can be over the Salary cap in the summer, they dont have to be under until a week before the season starts thenthe payments to the players starts so no worries about 23% of the cap. I know this because that why the Patriots had to cut Milloy right before the season to get under the cap.

who's gonna block Manning when you use up your cap just trying to sign him?

Ruben Brown will block for Manning!

and who else's contact are you guys gonna restructure to get stud OLinemen to block for him? Any chance you could breakdown the cap to show us how feasible(sp?) this dream of yours could possibly be a reality?

Without an OL Manning would be stupid to end his career in Miami because that would excactly do it, end his career in a very short time.

I remember Bills fans telling us last year we couldnt get Griese, Seau and Knight too.

LOL:lol:

Our O-line will realize that Manning is back there, and average or worse, they WILL do everything they can in their capacity to protect peyton manning :lol:

Originally posted by dreaded34

Yo, justafan...in case you didn't notice, you are the outsider here. You want numbers? You pull them up to prove anyone on this thread wrong. This IS a Dolphins message board.
Haha! Let me translate "I don't know squat"

Yo dreaded, outsider or not, I ask how that is possible and the answer I get is cut this guy or that. That's not a pretty accurate answer is it?

If I ask someone to support their statements with facts and cannot that just means it's a pipe dream, aint it?

Originally posted by Samphin

Justafan, about this bridge, which island is it on? :lol:
It's on the crater of one of those Volcano's . The view is great.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

I remember Bills fans telling us last year we couldnt get Griese, Seau and Knight too.

LOL:lol:
I never said the fins cannot aquire unwanted players from other teams. :D

Back
Top Bottom