**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread

Originally posted by pats4life

HE WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENCY! Everone who knows anything says the same thing he will be tagged.

If he is tagged, he is an Unrestricted Free Agent.

See you weren't up to the challenge there Pats.

Originally posted by dreaded34

If he is tagged, he is an Unrestricted Free Agent.

See you weren't up to the challenge there Pats.

I dont think you understand, once he is franchised tagged he is under contract there for he is not a free agent, do you get it or should I type slower! ;)

Originally posted by Section126
I don't think you understand how franchise tags work pats...you are just refusing to listen.

Please explain it then, my understanding is that the franchise tag it is parmount to a one year contract at what you have said 15-18 mil per, if you have more info on how it works by all means share it with us but my understanding once the tag is used you cant sign with anyone else under any circumstance.

To all the Bill's fans....
you didn't believe you were getting Bledsoe (By the way you can keep him)......Miami has the cap space to sign someone of that magnitude as any other team (depending how creative your FO is) but ofcourse other areas would pay the price....which is worth it.

For some other teams fans to come in here and tell us what are teams cap is and what we can and can't do is down right idiotic.....

-You are not capologists you know just enough to be dangerous to yourself and your buddies

-We have all seen outlandish signings

-We have all seen crazy trades

-We have all seen players take a big pay cut to play somewhere else

-We have all seen players take a pay cut to let a team sign another player

I am not saying he's coming but I am not saying he isn't.....I would go completely nuts if it did happen.

I think you bill fans are going crazy over the topic of this thread because of your complete and utter fear if it did happen.....you all know Miami would be outstanding

Last edited by a moderator:
the tag is an obligation.......

if you tag...you are obligated to pay the player in the tp 5 at the position or 120% of the salary....whichever is higher.........another team can still bid but you reserve the right to match.......the problem is that other teams can get creative and make the contract offer very hard for indy to match.....(incentives) indy would recieve 2 1st round picks for compensation.....

One incentive that would help miami and hurt indy to be able to match is this: A massive bonus (10 million) If he throws for 4,000 yards.....In Indy...he would do that easily.......In our system it is very hard to throw for 4,000 (ricky, norv "O")

Please explain it then, my understanding is that the franchise tag it is parmount to a one year contract at what you have said 15-18 mil per, if you have more info on how it works by all means share it with us but my understanding once the tag is used you cant sign with anyone else under any circumstance.

That is the franchise tag but if the colts did that they would be over the cap with only 39 players on their roster so they would have to cut players and restructure but then they have to fill their roster. The colt's problem is that they can not franchise tag him and have enough players to fill their team. I believe that is what the other guys are trying to explain ;)

Incorrect. The tag means that the incumbant team has right of first refusal...but ANY team out there has the right to make an offer which...if accepted by the player, MUST be matched by the incumbant team. That's why some teams make offers which the incumbant team cannot match. Also, if the incumbant team loses the player, they are entitled to a certain level of compensation from the team that took him...depending on what level they tagged the player at.

Hey PhinPhan if that did happen.....wouldn't the max compensation be a 1st 3rd and 5th round pick?

Re: **OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread

Originally posted by Muck
How bout it?? With all the talk of upgrading the offense (specifically the passing game).....and Hank's proclamation that he wouldn't be suprised to see us make a huge run at Manning......lets start a thread.

Who else has wood for Peyton Manning?? Post here. :D

I have wood for a functional O-line. Give the Phins THAT and even a mediocre QB will be better than what we have today. DON'T give us that and Peyton Manning will be the nerdy kid who is "it" in a kickball game.

Has there ever been a player with the franchise tag that has signed a contract with another team and his original team not matched?

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
To all the Bill's fans....
you didn't believe you were getting Bledsoe (By the way you can keep him)......Miami has the cap space to sign someone of that magnitude as any other team (depending how creative your FO is) but ofcourse other areas would pay the price....which is worth it.

For some other teams fans to come in here and tell us what are teams cap is and what we can and can't do is down right idiotic.....

-You are not capologists you know just enough to be dangerous to yourself and your buddies

-We have all seen outlandish signings

-We have all seen crazy trades

-We have all seen players take a big pay cut to play somewhere else

-We have all seen players take a pay cut to let a team sign another player

I am not saying he's coming but I am not saying he isn't.....I would go completely nuts if it did happen.

I think you bill fans are going crazy over the topic of this thread because of your complete and utter fear if it did happen.....you all know Miami would be outstanding

Yo Einstein, no one saying it isn't possible unless you restructure a lot of you players contracts. Has anyone on this team spoken to players if whether they are willing to restructure/extend ? No!!!! Do you have a GM ? No!!!!!!

I hope you get Manning because the core of this team will be in trouble.

At least Mannings cap hit alone will equal the cap spent on d. :D Go for it, I don't care.

Bills fans scared. haha! Manning to Chambers. Sounds good. Manning to Cecil Collins and the Mark bros. :lol: By the time you sign him, those are the only wr's you guys can afford. BTW, Richmond Webb will come cheap too. :lol:

Originally posted by justafan
I never said the fins cannot aquire unwanted players from other teams. :D

Those were the same "unwanted" players that swept your Jills this year though...Huh!

Kinda like Bledsoe for you guys.

Nice job on the 97 total yards this year game 1

Originally posted by FinFrenzy

That is the franchise tag but if the colts did that they would be over the cap with only 39 players on their roster so they would have to cut players and restructure but then they have to fill their roster. The colt's problem is that they can not franchise tag him and have enough players to fill their team. I believe that is what the other guys are trying to explain ;)

My understanding is the salary cap does not come into effect until the week before the season, that was the situation with the Patriots and Milloy, B.B. said they either had to cut him or restructure to get under the cap when the season started he wouldnt and they had to cut him and if that is the case then the Colts would have all sumer to get under the cap by either relaesing players or redoing contracts or trading him.

Back
Top Bottom