**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread

One other question what would you need to trade for Manning 5 first rounders or something like that, even if the colts choose to trade Manning they would trade him to the highest bidder and other than draft picks you really dont have much to offer in trade that would not do serious damage to your salary cap.

Originally posted by pats4life
One other question what would you need to trade for Manning 5 first rounders or something like that, even if the colts choose to trade Manning they would trade him to the highest bidder and other than draft picks you really dont have much to offer in trade that would not do serious damage to your salary cap.

HE IS A FREE AGENT.

AS IN AN AGENT THAT IS FREE.

Originally posted by Section126
It's the truth..........
Sure. Right now, you guys are still feeling the pain of retaining Wanny you'll believe anything you read. Maybe the manning story is true but the Wanny on the bills list is hilarious.
Let's see, what did the bills organization have to say..... NOTHING!!!

You don't even have a GM yet so how does Hank know this? Did Wayne tell him that the fins are gonna go for Manning?

MNfinfan , dreams could come true and maybe Manning will be your qb, but Wanny on the Bills list? :roflmao: BTW, Ferentz, Fassel, Hasslet, Reeves, Saban and every coach without a job is on the bills list too. It's easy to say "Wanny is on that list "IF".... :lol:

for all we know

Originally posted by justafan
keep you OL? Who are you replace the wr's you just let go. Another scrub? By the time you free your cap you won't have any left to sign stud wr's if you get Manning.

Like I said, easier said then done. BTW, did any of those players you mentioned agre to getting pay cutts or restructure? NO! Until then Manning stays a colt. But hey you can dream.

Peyton Manning may want to do anything to remain a colt. It's not inconceivable. so yes it's a dream, an AFAIK, it's a long shot, however, I'm trying to point out, that it's doable. Hell if it wasn't how come The Redskins always have big offseasons with huge signing bonuses, though they suck (coaching), they always seem to give guys huge bonuses and still be in the mix the following year. Players and agents usually balk at restructured contracts when the player stands to lose money, in this case it would be an extension/new contract or gauranting money to free up space. Either way it's doable.

Re: for all we know

Originally posted by rhadaddy

Peyton Manning may want to do anything to remain a colt. It's not inconceivable. so yes it's a dream, an AFAIK, it's a long shot, however, I'm trying to point out, that it's doable. Hell if it wasn't how come The Redskins always have big offseasons with huge signing bonuses, though they suck (coaching), they always seem to give guys huge bonuses and still be in the mix the following year. Players and agents usually balk at restructured contracts when the player stands to lose money, in this case it would be an extension/new contract or gauranting money to free up space. Either way it's doable.
It's doable. BY them time it becomes doable, ever FA will be signed by the time players decide to restructure. Anyone remember Zach?

justafan, the thing is that Hank always has the scoops....he laughs people off the radio when they propose trading this or that for this or that guy......it is completely out of character for him to make a statement like the one he did......The last time he said something like that was when he said the fins would trade for Fred Taylor or Ricky Williams.........IT HAPPENED.........

I think it went like this......

Marino is good friends with Manning.....Huzienga listens to everything Marino tells him on the phone.....Marino probably told Wayne that the problem is QB'ing and to go after Peyton.....Wayne then says: "Get me Peyton!".....Rick Spielman then says: "Yes Boss." Spielman then tells Hank.

justafan, the thing is that Hank always has the scoops....he laughs people off the radio when they propose trading this or that for this or that guy......it is completely out of character for him to make a statement like the one he did......The last time he said something like that was when he said the fins would trade for Fred Taylor or Ricky Williams.........IT HAPPENED.........

I think it went like this......

Marino is good friends with Manning.....Huzienga listens to everything Marino tells him on the phone.....Marino probably told Wayne that the problem is QB'ing and to go after Peyton.....Wayne then says: "Get me Peyton!".....Rick Spielman then says: "Yes Boss." Spielman then tells Hank.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that a possible manning hiring can happen. I will not say it isn't gonna happen. It's hilarious though that he can come out and say that Wanny is on the top of the list of the bills "IF". Anyone can say that.

I seriously hope this is a possibilty, it would be a major upgrade, however I dont think its gonna happen.

Originally posted by Prime Time
According to Clumpy we are in cap hell every year. :lol:

:lol: Yeah and the billy goats seem to ALWAYS be 5 to 10 million under the cap ....

:goof:

:roflmao:

:eat:

Marino1983

HE IS A FREE AGENT.

AS IN AN AGENT THAT IS FREE.

Are you silly enough to believe that the Colts will not tag him? Come on, even if he is not a colt he will be traded not allowed to go where he pleases. Bill Polian is not a idiot he will get value for Manning if he allows him to leave. You really dont believe that Manning will make the descion on where he goes. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by pats4life

Are you silly enough to believe that the Colts will not tag him? Come on, even if he is not a clt he will be traded not allowed to go where he pleases.
Have you not read the implications of tagging him with the franchise tag?
Best case scenario for the colts is a sign and trade for lets say 2 first round picks.....and he would have to agree to it.
THEY CANNOT TAG and sign......it would be cap suicide.
He will either except an extension that he has rejected so far...or he will go on the market.

I love that these Pat/Bill Fans have not caught on yet.

Have you not read the implications of tagging him with the franchise tag?

Best case scenario for the colts is a sign and trade for lets say 2 first round picks.....and he would have to agree to it.

THEY CANNOT TAG and sign......it would be cap suicide.

He will either except an extension that he has rejected so far...or he will go on the market.

Trust me they will tag him! They will not allow him to just walk away without anything in value, I'm not saything that they cant get him I am saying that they are teams with more cap space and with more to offer the Colts in a trade than the Dolphins do.

Back
Top Bottom