our receiving corps now miles better than the pats | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

our receiving corps now miles better than the pats

Pats lost 77% of there receiving targets from last year. That's an insane # to try and replace in probably the most complicated offense in football. I can't for a second see how they can come close to matching the efficiency on offense we've come accustomed to seeing from them.

That's a lot of change for any qb no matter how good he is.

He catches a bunch of dumpoffs due to the attention other receivers receive and he drops a ton of balls.

Let's see Peyton dump it off rather than go down field, Denver will have 2 choices to choke away their season come playoff time now.

They can run the ball and will be able to throw when they have to. The O won't be as good but it should still be the best in the division along w/ a improved D they should till cruise to a div title.

I think the rest of the AFC E has enough defensive power (including the Jets) to challenge a handicapped NE offense. Time will tell though, because I'm sure Bill and his staff of cheaters are going to enter training camp with something up their sleeve to fix this.

Care to explain your position opinions as far as why the Patsies OL and RB are better than ours? All they have on the OL is Vollmer and Solder. I am not impressed by their RB especially when you can consider our depth at RB.

Well they retained their LT and their line is basically set. As for runningback yoiur kidding right. Do we have a runningback on roster that ran for over 1200 yards and 12 tds. He had more yards last year than Danial Thomas in both seasons alonmg with Miller last year. They also have third year back Shane Vereen and Brandon Boldin who put up almost the same exact numbers as Lamar Miller did last year. How do we have any more depth Miller had the same numbers as Boldin, Thomas cannot even break 4 yards a carry and Gillissee is a 5th round rookie. They also have Leon Washington and Lagerret Blunt so anybody saying that we have better depth is just being a complete and total homer no offense. Two 1000 yard backs is more depth by far from 3 unproven guys

He catches a bunch of dumpoffs due to the attention other receivers receive and he drops a ton of balls.

Let's see Peyton dump it off rather than go down field, Denver will have 2 choices to choke away their season come playoff time now.

They can run the ball and will be able to throw when they have to. The O won't be as good but it should still be the best in the division along w/ a improved D they should till cruise to a div title.

Please show me his percentage of drops is any higher than other players. I have done the research it isnt even close. Its also amazing that no other receiver could get these things done when so calledly other receivers were drawing attention.

Now the Pats have to call TO and OchoCinco. That would really complete a solid offseason for them.

Now the Pats have to call TO and OchoCinco. That would really complete a solid offseason for them.

The pats have shown they know when to divest themselves of these players before they totally collapse as players. They already brought in Jenkins and Hawkins who are better than either of those players at this point. Im sure they will add another receiver from cuts or low interest trade

I apologize somewhat because I know u were being sarcastic. I just see them as usually trying to avoid situations like this. They did sign Stallworth well after all the drama had died down and this is really not their way of operating. There are teams in the league that love to take these chances, they are just not one. I dont even think they would have signed the Rodriguez guy we just signed due to the two recent arrests.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Patsies O will be a bit better than average this season. Tom Brady is a field general, and they also have the coaching to get even average players into position to make key plays. This is a great opportunity for Ryan Tannehill to remove the QB advantage from NE and even these two teams up. If RT steps up and takes it to the house against NE, we'll know that we're ready to topple them.

The pats have shown they know when to divest themselves of these players before they totally collapse as players. They already brought in Jenkins and Hawkins who are better than either of those players at this point. Im sure they will add another receiver from cuts or low interest trade

I apologize somewhat because I know u were being sarcastic. I just see them as usually trying to avoid situations like this. They did sign Stallworth well after all the drama had died down and this is really not their way of operating. There are teams in the league that love to take these chances, they are just not one. I dont even think they would have signed the Rodriguez guy we just signed due to the two recent arrests.

All good man...I know they will be good and Brady will still be a 4000yd passer. Anybody would be kidding themselves if they think it'll be the same O or as easy for Brady as before though.

Thread related - yes, our WRs are much better players.

All good man...I know they will be good and Brady will still be a 4000yd passer. Anybody would be kidding themselves if they think it'll be the same O or as easy for Brady as before though.

Thread related - yes, our WRs are much better players.
Well at this point of course Wallace is better than any receiver they have. Hartline had a very good year last year but has deficiencies.
At this point I dont like any receivers that NE has on roster although their rookies could be finds. Edelman was good resign.
Amendola was a head scratcher although I like him about the same as Gibson.

Harline and Wallace better than any player they have at receiver, Dobson and Boyce could suprise.
Our advantage at Wr is much like their advantage at RB at this point and receiver is more important.

Please show me his percentage of drops is any higher than other players. I have done the research it isnt even close. Its also amazing that no other receiver could get these things done when so calledly other receivers were drawing attention.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/23/drop-percentage/

bottom 15 in 2010

2009-2011 seasons:

Welker saw most catchable balls and was second in drops

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/02/three-years-of-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

He drops a lot of passes and his 2 critical drops in NEs last 2 postseason losses may have cost them a SB win and another SB app.

D's focused on Moss, Gronk and hernandez not Welker. That's why NE didn't want to pay him, NE doesn't make many bad moves as far as allowing players to leave, who are the players they let go that went on to star in other places in recent years?

Funny how last season we had easily the worst TE crew in the TE stacked AFC East, now we have the best in the east. I dunno guys, I'm starting to feel like this year rather than next may be the year we shock the Patsies and take that torch outta Bradys cold dead hand.

How do we have best TE crew. Gronk is still better than Keller any day of the week. Behind Keller we have not one proven good nfl te much like the Pats

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/23/drop-percentage/

bottom 15 in 2010

2009-2011 seasons:

Welker saw most catchable balls and was second in drops

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/02/three-years-of-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

He drops a lot of passes and his 2 critical drops in NEs last 2 postseason losses may have cost them a SB win and another SB app.

D's focused on Moss, Gronk and hernandez not Welker. That's why NE didn't want to pay him, NE doesn't make many bad moves as far as allowing players to leave, who are the players they let go that went on to star in other places in recent years?

Just because they havent made bad moves doesnt mean this one wasnt a bad move. Keep fooling yourself into thinking that he only did well because teams focused elsewhere, how come no other players in the league have had that kind of success when other players have been focus year after year. Remember when it was Moss that was reason for his success. The players around him changed and he still was successful. I guess u havent watched games where defenses definately are preparing to try to take Welker out of equation and he is still successful

How do we have best TE crew. Gronk is still better than Keller any day of the week. Behind Keller we have not one proven good nfl te much like the Pats

Gronk's health issues are a bigger concern than Keller's but if he can stay on the field he is much better than Keller. Also, the Pats have Jake Ballard who if healthy is a pretty solid TE. Between Gronk, Ballard and Amendola, the Pats have some serious question marks at WR. I think the odds of each one missing time are pretty good. The talent is there but the question is how much will they be on the field.

Just because they havent made bad moves doesnt mean this one wasnt a bad move. Keep fooling yourself into thinking that he only did well because teams focused elsewhere, how come no other players in the league have had that kind of success when other players have been focus year after year. Remember when it was Moss that was reason for his success. The players around him changed and he still was successful. I guess u havent watched games where defenses definately are preparing to try to take Welker out of equation and he is still successful

His #s went down when they let Moss go in 2010 and as Gronk and hernandez emerged his #s went back up. He's a GOOD player he's just nowhere near a top WR in this league and b/c of all the dumpoffs people think he is.

Well at this point of course Wallace is better than any receiver they have. Hartline had a very good year last year but has deficiencies.
At this point I dont like any receivers that NE has on roster although their rookies could be finds. Edelman was good resign.
Amendola was a head scratcher although I like him about the same as Gibson.

Harline and Wallace better than any player they have at receiver, Dobson and Boyce could suprise.
Our advantage at Wr is much like their advantage at RB at this point and receiver is more important.

But the Pats with a RB committee is almost like a two handled screwdriver. It looks great on paper but won't fit the job. The Pats are a pass first offense centered around Brady and that took a big hit the last few months. Ingesting to see if they run more to mask the weakness at WR.

Back
Top Bottom