Overrated/Underrated | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overrated/Underrated

LIQUID24 said:
This nopony guy is hilarious. Accuses people of not watching games, yet all he can do is copy and paste STATS. Real convincing there, junior.

BTW, bringing race into this is pretty lame. Me thinking Young is overrated has nothing to do with his skin color. Besides, I had Darrell Hackney in my sig for months.

Yeah, dang that nopony and his pesky facts!

:shakeno:

Give me a break.

Also if you bothered to read... your reaction to Young may have nothing to do with his skin color... but if you think it doesn't play into his overall reaction, you are living in a sheltered world.

very simple reasons why people think leianrt is smarter:

1: he's operated a complex pro-style offense for 3 years to perfection. young is in a pretty simple offense, and started out as an option QB who struggled reading a defense, pretty much
2: leinart sounds more intelligent when he speaks, young doesn't sound too bright

the fact is the general consensus from across the country is that young is superman, and that's coming from every race. in fact the only person in the national media i've heard say something negative about him is merril hoge, and it's not even negative, it's just that he needs a lot of development to be a good NFL quarterback.

and i assuming you haven't watched any vanderbilt games nopony because all of your arguments against him haven't proven otherwise. you cite other scouts' opinions, copy and paste stats, and talk about what you've seen at the senior bowl only.

SpeedRush99 said:
In the grand scheme of things possibly. But in the context you put it in, suggesting that was even a remote factor in my opinion of him is absolutely ridiculous.

You're right. I do not mean to imply that it factors into YOUR opinion. I really don't.

It does factor into the general opinion of him, and not even in a neccessarily blatant dislike-black-people way.

But those, unlike you, who are not watching or analyzing, that assuming he's vick... well, I have to say that skin color figures into that... because they have nothing in common at all as passers.

Juan Cribbs said:

1: he's operated a complex pro-style offense for 3 years to perfection. young is in a pretty simple offense, and started out as an option QB who struggled reading a defense, pretty much
2: leinart sounds more intelligent when he speaks, young doesn't sound too bright

the fact is the general consensus from across the country is that young is superman, and that's coming from every race. in fact the only person in the national media i've heard say something negative about him is merril hoge, and it's not even negative, it's just that he needs a lot of development to be a good NFL quarterback.

and i assuming you haven't watched any vanderbilt games nopony because all of your arguments against him haven't proven otherwise. you cite other scouts' opinions, copy and paste stats, and talk about what you've seen at the senior bowl only.

1. I think it is perfectly find to argue that Leinart has proven to be smarter. If you read what I read, the guy I am talking about wasn't basing it on te same things you are.

2. I quoted scouts about Cutler?

3. Read the boards. You will find a ton of outrageously anti-Young posts.

4. The biggest assumption you make in that statements is that I am anti-Cutler.

I've said it many times... I am pro-Cutler, anti- the massive Cutler hype that has grown out of proportion to what he's proven.

If Nick drafted Cutler at 16, I would be happy and hope we'd gotten the QB of the future.

My reaction here was to the ridiculous assumption that Young is a running qb who can't throw.

The ONLY reason Vince Young has a question mark is his release. If he had great mechanics he would be the number 1 or number 2 pick in the draft.

As a quarterback he truely understands when to run and when not to run.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
The ONLY reason Vince Young has a question mark is his release. If he had great mechanics he would be the number 1 or number 2 pick in the draft.

As a quarterback he truely understands when to run and when not to run.
That's ONE of his question marks... not the only one. Most people that think that have only seen him play in the Rose Bowl.

LIQUID24 said:
That's ONE of his question marks... not the only one. Most people that think that have only seen him play in the Rose Bowl.

In everything I have read from scouts and experts as well. I have yet to read one thing that states that Vince Young has a problem of when to run and when to pass. I have also yet read a thing from a scout or an expert that states that if his mechanics were perfect he would easily be a top 2 pick in the draft

Juan Cribbs said:

I think Leinart is the 2nd best player in the draft after Reggie Bush, but i'll imply the option thing to Cutler. Didn't he start out as an option Qb? Cutler may turn out great, but i'm skeptical of guys who just fly up draft boards after a workout. Cutler to me is the 3rd best Qb in the draft, and he's clearly better than the Croyle/Whitehurst, who I would rank 4th and 5th. BTW, if people don't think race has to do with the way some people percieve a Qb they're fooling themselves, this may not have to deal with Young or whatever, but I do recall a person basically naming every African-American as a running Qb including Leftwich not too long ago on this site. Now this probably doesn't apply to most of the people, but it's out there. BTW, I think Reggie McNeal and LenDale White are underrated, and DeAngelo Williams, Marcus McNeil and Eric Winston are overrated.

Juan Cribbs said:
time to just pick one thought and stick to it nopony. you're all over the place.

Crazy that I was just responding to your thoughts then, huh?

:shakeno:

So what else?

i watched him quite a bit. He has a great long ball, is DEADLY accurate and throws well short, medium and long. He checks of recievers superbly and reads defenses well. He excelled on the highest stage of college football and is a consistent winner.

his release is unorthodox, but not neccessarily bad... just a question mark.

Leinart's question mark is his arm strength.

I've seen a lot of Young, and once people get past the silly idea that he's Marcus Vick, he's an incredibly impressive QUARTERBACK. Not athlete, quarterback.

djfresh47 said:
I think Leinart is the 2nd best player in the draft after Reggie Bush, but i'll imply the option thing to Cutler. Didn't he start out as an option Qb? Cutler may turn out great, but i'm skeptical of guys who just fly up draft boards after a workout. Cutler to me is the 3rd best Qb in the draft, and he's clearly better than the Croyle/Whitehurst, who I would rank 4th and 5th. BTW, if people don't think race has to do with the way some people percieve a Qb they're fooling themselves, this may not have to deal with Young or whatever, but I do recall a person basically naming every African-American as a running Qb including Leftwich not too long ago on this site. Now this probably doesn't apply to most of the people, but it's out there. BTW, I think Reggie McNeal and LenDale White are underrated, and DeAngelo Williams, Marcus McNeil and Eric Winston are overrated.

Thank you. You put it well.

nopony said:
So what else?

i watched him quite a bit. He has a great long ball, is DEADLY accurate and throws well short, medium and long. He checks of recievers superbly and reads defenses well. He excelled on the highest stage of college football and is a consistent winner.

his release is unorthodox, but not neccessarily bad... just a question mark.

Leinart's question mark is his arm strength.

I've seen a lot of Young, and once people get past the silly idea that he's Marcus Vick, he's an incredibly impressive QUARTERBACK. Not athlete, quarterback.
young's long ball is far from "great." it's not even good. deadly accurate? are you just making things up? one of young's question marks is his arm strength as well. right now, he's just an athlete who can play quarterback in college. nothing he does to me shows that he can translate to the NFL. that's why he's a developmental project and isn't in the same league as matt leinart.

Juan Cribbs said:
young's long ball is far from "great." it's not even good. deadly accurate? are you just making things up? one of young's question marks is his arm strength as well. right now, he's just an athlete who can play quarterback in college. nothing he does to me shows that he can translate to the NFL. that's why he's a developmental project and isn't in the same league as matt leinart.

His long ball is most certainly "good". He used it to great effect all year. His YPA was allmost ten, dude. you don't get that throwing screens.

And his accuracy was over 65 freaking %. Making things up... jesus. You should probably stick to talking about other players.

We'll see, man, we'll see.

Im tired of the race card being flipped out every time it suits someones viewpoint

It is 2006, not 1963. I love the Dolphins, if they get a good QB , I dont care if he is green.

If the Eagles would trade McNabb for pennies on the dollar, or if Culpepper showed he was not damaged goods I would root just as hard for those guys as I did Marino or Greise.

get the **** over it.

Oh, and I think Vince Young is gonna be a bust.

mbsinmisc said:
Im tired of the race card being flipped out every time it suits someones viewpoint

It is 2006, not 1963. I love the Dolphins, if they get a good QB , I dont care if he is green.

If the Eagles would trade McNabb for pennies on the dollar, or if Culpepper showed he was not damaged goods I would root just as hard for those guys as I did Marino or Greise.

get the **** over it.

Oh, and I think Vince Young is gonna be a bust.

Well said :wink:

Back
Top Bottom