Per Roto Source: Miami Herald | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Roto Source: Miami Herald

I don't know if he'll get to 1,500, but it sure isn't unrealistic as some would suggest. I don't see the problem in shooting for that goal, it's not a record breaking season, it's a highly productive pro bowl season for a RB, something every NFL starting RB should strive for. He absolutely has the god given ability to do it, but unfortunately, he can only run the ball, there's 10 other guys on the field that factor into his success as well.

I fully expect, if Lamar Miller remains healthy, he will get 1500 yards, the dude is going to be unstoppable.

well putting money where mouth is , would be a great way to show your support

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

wow after 50 carries Miller is already among the best dolphin backs ever lol

Lamar Miller- RB - Dolphins

Lamar Miller is aiming for 1,500 rushing yards and five yards per carry this season.

"I’m trying to get bigger and faster, improve my explosiveness so I can break more tackles, make guys miss," Miller said Tuesday. "Trying to become a great back in this league." They're lofty goals, but everyone besides Daniel Thomas believes Miller will get a chance to meet them as the Dolphins' starting back. Miller has exciting talent, but the Dolphins are taking a bit of a risk by putting so many eggs in the basket of a back with just 51 career carries. Miller should be treated as an RB2 in fantasy drafts
Reminds me of the time Steve Smith left the Giants and everyone said the Giants didn't have another receiver to fill his shoes and were in trouble at that spot...then along came Victor Cruz...and everyone shut up.

Reminds me of the time Steve Smith left the Giants and everyone said the Giants didn't have another receiver to fill his shoes and were in trouble at that spot...then along came Victor Cruz...and everyone shut up.

or like last year when Brandon MArshall was traded well umm ok next example

Not even relevant but do us all a favor and go look in the mirror and hate on yourself there instead of posting it on the board. Just cause you're miserable don't try to make everyone else miserable too.

Not even relevant but do us all a favor and go look in the mirror and hate on yourself there instead of posting it on the board. Just cause you're miserable don't try to make everyone else miserable too.

Truth is right, Do you ever stop? It feels like you go from thread to thread looking for a chance to slip in a negative post.

You say you are a realist but constantly point out the bad and overlook the good.

Im not misarable just saying every story is not Victor cruz stepping up

Im not misarable just saying every story is not Victor cruz stepping up
And what does that have to do with Brandon Marshall? You posted that because you want to degrade every single post with your miserable attitude. You want everyone to suffer like you suffer.

Truth is right, Do you ever stop? It feels like you go from thread to thread looking for a chance to slip in a negative post.

You say you are a realist but constantly point out the bad and overlook the good.

What am I overlooking good here please explain . Someone points out a pie in the sky example like when Steve Smith left and I point out a recent actual example of the same thing that actually happened in miami.

You cant just use his average based on 50 carries and multiply it, football isnt like that. If thats true then Cedric Peerman, Mike goodson, Justin Forsett, Chris ivory, Joique bell and Brandon Bolden are all going to among the leading rushers in the nfl. He had limited carries so u cant just multiply carries by his current average. Thats why teams play a full season.
WHY ?? So you are saying facts are not important as your eye test?? Miller averaged 4.9 yards per carry behind the same OL that Reggie averaged 4.3 behind. Lamar caught the ball better than Reggie, had fewer negative runs, a lower % of negative runs, showed excellent vision, and instincts, and was very safe with the ball.
How is average per carry not a good indicator?? Are you telling me that after the first 3-5 games of the season, that whoever is leading the league in rushing, shouldn't even be considered as a contender for the rushing title because he didn't have enough carries?? Now I am certainly not saying it is a perfect indicator, nothing is, but to say you can't use it is absurd IMO.

We can make a fun little side bet if you like. We can take the 4 players you mentioned above that had over 50 carries last year (Forsett, Ivory, Bell, and Bolden) and we can add Miller to round it out to 5. Then I will let you pick 5 players of your choice who averaged .6 yards per carry LESS than those players (.6 ypc is the difference between Bush and Miller last year). Then next year we can add up the total amount of yards my 5 players have after 50 carries each, and you can add up the total of your 5 players after 50 carries and we can see who has the highest. We can make it fun by having to change our avatar or signature, to "dlocks/Ktown beat me in a bet because he obviously know more about football than I", or something else you think would be enjoyable, for a month, or week or whatever. GAME ?? I will give you your pick of the liter, you get to pick em.

What am I overlooking good here please explain . Someone points out a pie in the sky example like when Steve Smith left and I point out a recent actual example of the same thing that actually happened in miami.
No you didn't point out a similar example in Miami. Everyone knew that there wasn't any talent at WR behind Marshall except for Ireland. The Giants had been raving about Victor Cruz while he was on the practice squad, players, coaches and their GM.

And what does that have to do with Brandon Marshall? You posted that because you want to degrade every single post with your miserable attitude. You want everyone to suffer like you suffer.

and what did this have to do with VIctor Cruz . You cant have it both ways. The only suffer I have is my constant 7-9 football team besides that Im a pretty happy guy. All my other sports teams are at least having winning seasons and being competitive. You dont like my so called attitude dont read my damn posts. Its not like I went off topic. I replied to an example using Victor Cruz and I gave an example from last season that was quite pertinent to the discussion. Talking about 1300 and 1500 yards right now from a back that has 50 carries is beyond stupid, make it through a season as the lead back and perform well. Miller looks like he has potenial but saying he expects to have the second best rushing season in dolphin history is beyond arrogant. Hell he might as well claim he is going to lead the league in rushing. Could it happen , anything is possible but feel free to lay some money down in Vegas or with me stating you think he will get 1500 yards based on little to nothing

Some people need to grow thicker skin and quite acting like they have sand in their vagina everytime someone doesnt think a player will rush for 1500 friggin yards. I said the same thing last year when the silly discussion of Bush leading the league in rushing came up.

No you didn't point out a similar example in Miami. Everyone knew that there wasn't any talent at WR behind Marshall except for Ireland. The Giants had been raving about Victor Cruz while he was on the practice squad, players, coaches and their GM.

Oh please there were people hyping up damn Ricardo Wallace on the board. So next damn excuse

1500 is totally realistic in this scenario. Just look at his numbers compared to Arian Foster's first year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12497/arian-foster

They had a similar role on their team and the following year Foster broke out. Don't forget Miller was a projected 2nd rd pick who fell. He obviously has the talent and showed he can run when given the chance last year. This has nothing to do with the Marshall situation Dlockz. Marshall was ushered out to make room for a new culture and make Tanne's job easier should he start. Bush was let walk because they felt Miller would do better. Completely different and totally a good reason to see upside for Miller this year.

Back
Top Bottom