Per Roto Source: Miami Herald | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Roto Source: Miami Herald

I think Miller getting over 1,000 yards bodes well for the entire offense. What do you find more realistic, Tannehill completely blowing up and tearing it up or Miller tearing it up? I expect more from Tannehill and I would guess that Tannehill has better odds to do that than Miller. Miller gaining 1,000 yards in this offense would be a terrific year-two accomplishment. I think 1,500 yards for a single running back is incredibly difficult to do, not only because that's a lot of yards but also because the NFL is a passing league and running backs are in committees if their name isn't Adrian Peterson

I'd love to see 1500 yards out of Miller, but wow...lets try and win the division or something.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

I'd rather see Tannehill have a fantastic year than Miller go for 1500 tbh.

No offense but if you are a betting man then you probably dont do to well. To put your view in perspective do u know how many 1500 yard seasons Frank Gore has. That would be one. So please tell me how its a good bet he will do this. Hey I will take on anybody on site that wants to bet if Miller will get 1500 yards up to 2 grand total.

perhaps he could have come out and said he wants to get to 1k, baby steps....which if he stays healthy he should be able to eclipse. Im just as skeptical as you are and i would tend to believe he may not see enough work to hit that number even if he was on target for it.

"inconsistent" is a bit of an understatement Thomas, lol.

well putting money where mouth is , would be a great way to show your support

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

wow after 50 carries Miller is already among the best dolphin backs ever lol

I'll give you basically a free $30 when he doesn't make it, but you have to give me $1000 if he does, deal? You're probably still getting the best of me odds-wise but I'm a gambler.

WTF is wrong with guys setting a high bar for themselves? Whats the downfall? Dlocks please explain this to me... I coach youth football and actually tell my guys to set high goals for themselves, it keeps them driven and at the same time takes out the "Don't expect $hit from life and you wont be disappointed" attitude which seems to have become a standard these days and one YOU actually seem to have adopted... And now we're talking about proffesionnal athletes, if you think for a second any of those guys don't BELEIVE they can be the best at what they do, then you're just being naïve because its that attitude that got them there. TBH, the moment they start setting "realistic" goals for themselves, its the beginning of the end for their career because they either don't believe in themselves anymore, or simply just got PAID and don't give a crap whatsoever...

I'll give you basically a free $30 when he doesn't make it, but you have to give me $1000 if he does, deal? You're probably still getting the best of me odds-wise but I'm a gambler.

hell no because its supposed to be so possible so its straight up.

WTF is wrong with guys setting a high bar for themselves? Whats the downfall? Dlocks please explain this to me... I coach youth football and actually tell my guys to set high goals for themselves, it keeps them driven and at the same time takes out the "Don't expect $hit from life and you wont be disappointed" attitude which seems to have become a standard these days and one YOU actually seem to have adopted... And now we're talking about proffesionnal athletes, if you think for a second any of those guys don't BELEIVE they can be the best at what they do, then you're just being naïve because its that attitude that got them there. TBH, the moment they start setting "realistic" goals for themselves, its the beginning of the end for their career because they either don't believe in themselves anymore, or simply just got PAID and don't give a crap whatsoever...

Nothing wrong with setting high goals , but setting unrealistic goals sets u up for failure. i wonder how many on this board would be blasting geno Smith if he said he planned to lead the league in passing year one. there is a big difference in setting a realistic goal and setting a low standard goal. he goal should be to be the dolphins starting running back and have a pro bowl like year over a 1000 yards. For people that are pros in this sport I dont think many of them realize what they are saying sometimes.
Its funny Im getting blasted for saying that its very very very very doubtful he will run for the second most yards in dolphin history esp with 250 yards to his credit so far.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

You obviously think his chances are very low of getting 1500 yards so im not sure why Im a negative poster for stating the damn obvious. Win the damn starting job first jesus.

The truth is Miller probably will not rush for 1500 yards, what matters is that he is working out with the intensity and desire it takes to be a top drawer running back in this league. Elite athletes always set goals that are likely unreachable, it is the main reason he is in the NFL and not working for UPS. I hope he carries the ball 200 times and keeps his YPC above 4.5. That will be a successful season.

You cant just use his average based on 50 carries and multiply it, football isnt like that. If thats true then Cedric Peerman, Mike goodson, Justin Forsett, Chris ivory, Joique bell and Brandon Bolden are all going to among the leading rushers in the nfl. He had limited carries so u cant just multiply carries by his current average. Thats why teams play a full season.

Dlockz wakes up in the morning and 48 thumbs down hit him in the forehead. :lol: Okay, I'll admit your first post did sound negative though even though I understand what you're saying. I don't think there's anything wrong with setting realistic goals, but "unrealistic goals" are also known as stretch goals. That's pretty common in business to set a goal outside of what you think you might accomplish to give yourself an extra bit of motivation.

Well, let me jump in here...

who says the goal is just for this year? how bout the future as well?

2, Mike Wallace is said to open up alot of things in this offense by experts, running game being one of them.

3, if you look at his video of just about every play, he runs much better than Bush squeezing through tight cracks between the tackles and consistently getting 5+ yds. He also bumps outside much better in a fluid motion when he doesnt see daylight inside.

If the guy follows the weight room aspect of this season, he should do very well. I dont know about 1500 yds when he is not a very good pass pro guy and Gillisle is. And Gillisle is a nice runner too so if he breaks a couple that takes yds away from everyone. So the key is for him to show the coaches early in training camp that he is capable. But make no mistake, Miller runs the ball with great vision. He reminds me a little of squirmin thurman thomas who could make himself small through small holes and break into daylight.

Gillisle being a rookie however will naturally make him a 50 carry guy this year like Miller was last year.

Nothing wrong with setting high goals , but setting unrealistic goals sets u up for failure. i wonder how many on this board would be blasting geno Smith if he said he planned to lead the league in passing year one. there is a big difference in setting a realistic goal and setting a low standard goal. he goal should be to be the dolphins starting running back and have a pro bowl like year over a 1000 yards. For people that are pros in this sport I dont think many of them realize what they are saying sometimes.
Its funny Im getting blasted for saying that its very very very very doubtful he will run for the second most yards in dolphin history esp with 250 yards to his credit so far.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

You obviously think his chances are very low of getting 1500 yards so im not sure why Im a negative poster for stating the damn obvious. Win the damn starting job first jesus.
Wrong, you're getting blasted because you're saying its stupid of him to say something like that. I'd bet most NFL players have been told at some point in their life that making it to the NFL was an "unrealistic" goal...

Wrong, you're getting blasted because you're saying its stupid of him to say something like that. I'd bet most NFL players have been told at some point in their life that making it to the NFL was an "unrealistic" goal...

I said its asinine which it is. I am open to all best on his 1500 yards over under im taking the under

and what did this have to do with VIctor Cruz . You cant have it both ways. The only suffer I have is my constant 7-9 football team besides that Im a pretty happy guy. All my other sports teams are at least having winning seasons and being competitive. You dont like my so called attitude dont read my damn posts. Its not like I went off topic. I replied to an example using Victor Cruz and I gave an example from last season that was quite pertinent to the discussion. Talking about 1300 and 1500 yards right now from a back that has 50 carries is beyond stupid, make it through a season as the lead back and perform well. Miller looks like he has potenial but saying he expects to have the second best rushing season in dolphin history is beyond arrogant. Hell he might as well claim he is going to lead the league in rushing. Could it happen , anything is possible but feel free to lay some money down in Vegas or with me stating you think he will get 1500 yards based on little to nothing

Some people need to grow thicker skin and quite acting like they have sand in their vagina everytime someone doesnt think a player will rush for 1500 friggin yards. I said the same thing last year when the silly discussion of Bush leading the league in rushing came up.
Sorry you didn't say stupid, you said BEYOND stupid, my mistake...

Back
Top Bottom