Per Roto Source: Miami Herald | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Roto Source: Miami Herald

You cant just use his average based on 50 carries and multiply it, football isnt like that. If thats true then Cedric Peerman, Mike goodson, Justin Forsett, Chris ivory, Joique bell and Brandon Bolden are all going to among the leading rushers in the nfl. He had limited carries so u cant just multiply carries by his current average. Thats why teams play a full season.
Thats a sample of what the Dolphins PROJECT to be a full time starter. His limited time on the field produced us some decent yardage at 4.9. If i'm a betting man, and reading up on Barry Jacksons log of Miller and Gore training together, id bank on Miller achieving his goal of 1500. Also, setting HIGH goals for one self is what should bring the BEST out of you. Its obvious from reports and quotes from Miller, he flat out wants to be great. Its early to tell, but HIS VISION sounds realistic.

1500 is totally realistic in this scenario. Just look at his numbers compared to Arian Foster's first year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12497/arian-foster

They had a similar role on their team and the following year Foster broke out. Don't forget Miller was a projected 2nd rd pick who fell. He obviously has the talent and showed he can run when given the chance last year. This has nothing to do with the Marshall situation Dlockz. Marshall was ushered out to make room for a new culture and make Tanne's job easier should he start. Bush was let walk because they felt Miller would do better. Completely different and totally a good reason to see upside for Miller this year.

Upside is one thing making him the best miami back ever is another, its beyond silly after a 50 carry season but whatever makes u sleep better
Im more than willing to put a couple hundred down that he wont have the second best season in dolphin history esp with more emphasis on passing game

Thats a sample of what the Dolphins PROJECT to be a full time starter. His limited time on the field produced us some decent yardage at 4.9. If i'm a betting man, and reading up on Barry Jacksons log of Miller and Gore training together, id bank on Miller achieving his goal of 1500. Also, setting HIGH goals for one self is what should bring the BEST out of you. Its obvious from reports and quotes from Miller, he flat out wants to be great. Its early to tell, but HIS VISION sounds realistic.

No offense but if you are a betting man then you probably dont do to well. To put your view in perspective do u know how many 1500 yard seasons Frank Gore has. That would be one. So please tell me how its a good bet he will do this. Hey I will take on anybody on site that wants to bet if Miller will get 1500 yards up to 2 grand total.

Upside is one thing making him the best miami back ever is another, its beyond silly after a 50 carry season but whatever makes u sleep better
Im more than willing to put a couple hundred down that he wont have the second best season in dolphin history esp with more emphasis on passing game
Can you post quotes to your "miami's best back ever"? and elaborate your reasoning as to why carries are much more valuable of an indicator to a "good" back as to Y.P.C. I don't think you realize Miller set a goal. Its a number he chose for HIMSELF to obtain and states in articles that he's working hard to get there. You being a Dolphins fan should embrace a positive attitude from a young hungry talented football player.

yeah thats the attitude to have to be successful in sports, set the bar real low, smh.

the attitude is to work hard and set realistic goals not some pie in the sky crap. Yea Philben's offense is built around handing the ball to lamar miller 300 times.

I don't need to thrown "a couple hundred down" to be optimistic about my team. I just clearly showed you a recent example of a team that passes a lot having a back similar to Miller break out in year two. If all you have is a proposition to gamble in rebuttle and a quip about my sleep then it looks as if im right to at least have optimism and your grumpy attitude is out of excuses now.

No offense but if you are a betting man then you probably dont do to well. To put your view in perspective do u know how many 1500 yard seasons Frank Gore has. That would be one. So please tell me how its a good bet he will do this. Hey I will take on anybody on site that wants to bet if Miller will get 1500 yards up to 2 grand total.
Bank on something, and betting are two different words. Also I said IF i'm a betting man, I would take my chances having Lamar being a starter from last years production, and back his confidence in himself to achieve his goal. Im BANKING on the kid's confidence, not money towards a goal a PERSON set for themselves. You failed to specify what my post was asking, which was please post quotes stating Lamar Miller wants to "be best back EVER". Please don't stray from topic.

Bank on something, and betting are two different words. Also I said IF i'm a betting man, I would take my chances having Lamar being a starter from last years production, and back his confidence in himself to achieve his goal. Im BANKING on the kid's confidence, not money towards a goal a PERSON set for themselves. You failed to specify what my post was asking, which was please post quotes stating Lamar Miller wants to "be best back EVER". Please don't stray from topic.

1500 yard season would plainly put him there since only one dolphin back has ever eclipsed this total and they damn sure wasnt running this type of offense.

these were your exact words
If i'm a betting man, and reading up on Barry Jacksons log of Miller and Gore training together, id bank on Miller achieving his goal of 1500

So maybe you misunderstood your own words.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

nothing wrong with optimism and confidence but they have to somewhat placed in some reality and Miller gaining 1500 yards at this time is not even close to being rooted in any kind of reality.

With all the recievers we have added I think 1500 will be hard to get considering as a team we rushed for 1800 last year. But if he can stay healthy I think he has a shot.

Back
Top Bottom