Per Roto Source: Miami Herald | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Roto Source: Miami Herald

Sorry you didn't say stupid, you said BEYOND stupid, my mistake...

i stand by it i was referring to my other comment and even odds I got a 100 on the under. Lamar miller is no an elite back yet, win the starting job first, your 50 carries much of it in meaningless times in games means little as a starter

1500 all purpose yards would be a good goal. Miller has not been named the starter yet.

I agree on the 1500 yards all purpose, I dont think he will meet that number eithe but a good solid goal

didnt see the 1500 yards mentioned but you might want to crack 500 yards in a season first lol. if he said that I think this is among the most asinine things to say. This would be the second best rushing season in dolphin history. Im not even sure where people get these numbers from.

Modesty is not in our running back's vocabulary. Reggie Bush was telling everyone how he would lead the NFL in rushing last year...he only came up 1100 yards short....behind AP.

I said its asinine which it is. I am open to all best on his 1500 yards over under im taking the under

If he's good (which remains to be seen) and stays healthy I would put his odds at rushing for 1500 yards at about 40-1 or about the same odds the Dolphins have of winning the superbowl this season. So if Philbin says our goal is to win the Superbowl this season is that also beyond stupid?

Also, as another poster pointed out earlier in this thread if he says 1000 he's selling himself short, I'm sure he'd be happy with anything over 1250 but thats not a very sexy number so of course he's stretching the number a bit to give a nice round sexy number.

Modesty is not in our running back's vocabulary. Reggie Bush was telling everyone how he would lead the NFL in rushing last year...he only came up 1100 yards short....behind AP.

and i called him out last year on that crap to same responses from board

If this team can get us some leads and give us to the chance to run the football 1500 yards is not impossible miller has a hell of a lot more talent then Alfred Morris and he ran for 1600 yards last year. 94 yards a game average would get him over 1500 yards again I don't think it's likely but definitely not impossible and I like his confidence coming out and saying it.

If he's good (which remains to be seen) and stays healthy I would put his odds at rushing for 1500 yards at about 40-1 or about the same odds the Dolphins have of winning the superbowl this season. So if Philbin says our goal is to win the Superbowl this season is that also beyond stupid?

Also, as another poster pointed out earlier in this thread if he says 1000 he's selling himself short, I'm sure he'd be happy with anything over 1250 but thats not a very sexy number so of course he's stretching the number a bit to give a nice round sexy number.

Our goal every season should be to win the superbowl anything else is beyond stupid . Not sure how saying 1000 yards is selling yourself short esp if you have never had more than 250 yards lol.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

If this team can get us some leads and give us to the chance to run the football 1500 yards is not impossible miller has a hell of a lot more talent then Alfred Morris and he ran for 1600 yes las yr 94 USA a game average would get him over 1500 yes again I don't think it's likely but definitely not impossible and I like his confidence coming out and saying it.

In your opinion he has more talent than Alfred Morris but Morris proved on the field he could do it not with his mouth

Our goal every season should be to win the superbowl anything else is beyond stupid . Not sure how saying 1000 yards is selling yourself short esp if you have never had more than 250 yards lol.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

In your opinion he has more talent than Alfred Morris but Morris proved on the field he could do it not with his mouth

So Lamar Miller says his goal is 1,500 yards, and that's worth arguing over?
If he said his goal was 1,000 yards, then everything would be ok?

Just trying to figure out the issue here lol, our rb is aiming for 500 yds more than what you feel is ''correct.''
Is that really an issue lol.
Let him aim for 2,500 yds, what does it matter, whatever floats his boat right? Maybe that gets him going, aiming higher.

Taking an issue with Lamar over this is going overboard imo. He had a 5.0 average. If you were in his position, would you not think that you could continue to maintain a 5.0 average also? Obviously their are a myriad of factors that make that difficult, but the dude hasn't even started yet.
He's got dreams man, aim high, that's a good thing.
I'm getting the feeling you just want to cut him down now over things that are not a big deal at all.

So Lamar Miller says his goal is 1,500 yards, and that's worth arguing over?
If he said his goal was 1,000 yards, then everything would be ok?

Just trying to figure out the issue here lol, our rb is aiming for 500 yds more than what you feel is ''correct.''
Is that really an issue lol.
Let him aim for 2,500 yds, what does it matter, whatever floats his boat right? Maybe that gets him going, aiming higher.

Taking an issue with Lamar over this is going overboard imo. He had a 5.0 average. If you were in his position, would you not think that you could continue to maintain a 5.0 average also? Obviously their are a myriad of factors that make that difficult, but the dude hasn't even started yet.
He's got dreams man, aim high, that's a good thing.
I'm getting the feeling you just want to cut him down now over things that are not a big deal at all.

Im not cutting him down he just wont be running for 1500 yards. Miller is a nice player but he is not that player. I personally think he should be focusing on winning the starting job first.

So how would you all feel if Daniel Thomas says he's going to rush for 1500 yards next year?

Honestly, Miller's goal is unrealistic considering he barely played last year, had issues with the play book, blocking assignments and plays in a pass first WCO offense that would much rather see RT17 get to 4,000 yards much sooner than Miller get to 1500 yards. I'm a Cane fane and am glad we drafted Miller and believe that he has the "potential" to be that guy hopefully someday, he has yet to show that potential. In my line of work potential is a very bad way to describe someone. I know Millers line of work is very different from the US Navy, but he hasn't shown capable yet to becoming a starter, becomming the sole back, grinding through 250 + carries a season and its not his fault, he didn't have the opportunity to show it yet.

Also, I do believe we tend to run by committee here and like many posters feel Gillislee may win RB#2, which that is conjecture, eventhough he may do it, and I hope he does, this will take the necessary carries away from RB#1. Keep in mind 2nd round pick Daniel Thomas is still on the team and on a cheap ish contract he will get carries as well.

This seems to be reasoning as to why LM goal seems outlandish to some. I would hope is goals would be: learn the plays exactly, know all blocking assignments, be stronger at the POA to push through blitzing LBers, win the RB#2 job, win the RB#1 job, continue to improve, and set your sights on team goals rather than self goals. If RT17 leads our passing attack and defenses back up, and the O line blocks more effectively than I hope you do take full advantage of that and if it get's you 1500 yards I'll be amazed, and super stoked and most definitely shooting the "U" ssign all the time, and then our offense would be dynamic and multi-dimensional which all of us want so bad, and to be a Super Bowl contender it is required, so it seems, ofcourse, all IMHO!

I tried to read your post...but all i saw was a signature

Back
Top Bottom