Peter King's mid-season All-Pro team - 3 Dolphins on it! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King's mid-season All-Pro team - 3 Dolphins on it!

they look a lot bette than they are because manning makes them look better. look at this tightend, jake tamme , his first game starting for the colts, although he didnt have dallas clark numbers, he looked real solid. manning makes people look good. i do agree though with everything else u said about how his postseason numbers r not that great, and he is prob the best REGULAR season qb of all time.

There's no doubt he makes players look better but all that talent around him makes his job alot easier too. Some of the things I saw Collie and Garcon do last year were NOT b/c of the QB. That was big tiem talent that slipped through the cracks. Peyton is a great player, one of the best ever but I think people focus too much on reg season fantasy #s and ignore his poor play in the biggest games including throwing away SB XLIV and it bothers me how he is being celebrated for playing one game w/ Clark and having to rough it w/ guys like reggie wayne and Garcon. What e has now is as good as Brady has had his entire caree w/ the exception of '07 and '09.

You have to be happy with the year Bess is having but Marshall is the best WR on the team. Marshall is the guy they worry about.

I think Bell's tackle stats are over rated. Usually not a good sign when backs are making most of the tackles. Not only coming from backs but a lot of tackles can mean you are on the field too much.

What about Vontae?

Carp should be on this team no doubt.
On the other hand, think about it. There's 26 players on King's All-Pro team and 32 teams in the league. Statistically speaking, we should expect to see maybe one Dolphin on the team - but we have three! If he had put Carp on, there would be four, and King would be accused of having a serious case of Miami-philia. It actually looks bad enough as it is.

(Although he does seem to have a case of Brandon-philia - 4 guys named Brandon on his team! :) )

and having to rough it w/ guys like reggie wayne and Garcon. .

How do we know Wayne is the player he is without Peyton? They're 10 year tenure together is what makes them special. And Garcon??? You're acting like Garcon is some premier Pro Bowl WR. IMO Pierre is nothing without Manning, just like the rest of the Colts WR core. Manning makes a lot of his receivers what they are. Also in my humble opinion, Manning is the greatest QB to ever play the game, and that is hard for me to admit having mucho man love for Marino. (Although Marino is still the best pure passer EVER)

How do we know Wayne is the player he is without Peyton? They're 10 year tenure together is what makes them special. And Garcon??? You're acting like Garcon is some premier Pro Bowl WR. IMO Pierre is nothing without Manning, just like the rest of the Colts WR core. Manning makes a lot of his receivers what they are. Also in my humble opinion, Manning is the greatest QB to ever play the game, and that is hard for me to admit having mucho man love for Marino. (Although Marino is still the best pure passer EVER)

Watching Garcon last year torch our team it was easy to see how talented he was. he made moves that average players do not make.

Reggie wayne is an elite talent in the NFL. Of course Peyton helps him but he also helps Peyton.

I always love how peyton gets all the credit when the Colts win but every time they lose a big game it's someone else's fault even though peyton is usually the main culprit like in the SB last year.

Peyton is the best reg season QB, he's not even top 5 all time when you factor in his poor play in postseason. marino wasn't the greatest postseason QB either but he didn't have half the talent around him that Paeyton has had since day 1 in this league. Indy has consistently had teams capable of winning SBs for the last decade and they only have one title and that one came in a postseason where Peyton threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs and had one great half of football the entire postseason.

He's not a superstar, he's a good player but it's comical for anyone to put him on an all-pro team.

I love the Peyton manning lovefest from the media. Do they realize this guy still has reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon and that he has only been w/o Clark for ONE game so far? They act like he's winning w/ bunch of guys who cannot play in this league. It just baffles me the way he has the media wrapped around his finger.

You really have a love fest with Brady...wow Listen Brady is a great QB, would love to have him in Miami, but he is not better then Payton, you need to come to that realization, you will feel heathier for it.

I have always thought welker was incredibly overrated, we are seeing the real wes w/o Moss around to command all the attention. Welker is a GOOD player, Bess is a GOOD player. Nothing more.

Wrong, this year, with Moss, Welker was good not great. You need to understand, Brady is having a good year, not great, Payton is still having a great year, not good.

As for Bess, Bess will get better, right now he is going from good to very good.

Wrong, this year, with Moss, Welker was good not great. You need to understand, Brady is having a good year, not great, Payton is still having a great year, not good.

As for Bess, Bess will get better, right now he is going from good to very good.

Welker in 4 games w/ Moss 2010:
26 recs, 217 yds, 3 TDs
avg. per game: 7 recs, 54 yds, .8 TDs

Welker in 3 games w/o Moss 2010:
14 recs, 102 yds, zero TDs
avg. per game: 5 recs, 34 yds, zero TDs

Brady ishas led a band of misfits to the best record in the NFL

You really have a love fest with Brady...wow Listen Brady is a great QB, would love to have him in Miami, but he is not better then Payton, you need to come to that realization, you will feel heathier for it.

I hate Brady but I am honest. Just like I hated Marino but he's in my top 5 all time.

If I need to win a fantasy championship Peyton is my QB
If I need to win REAL big games then I take Brady

Seriously. He cites kickoff average as his reasoning behind it...puh-lease.

His kick offs haven't been very good that's a fact
The top kickers have 24,18,15 ,and 14 touchbacks...Carpenter has only 6 touchbacks

Returns on kickoffs for Carpenter is next to last in the NFL ...WITH an average of 27.6 yards
many of you will say,"the reason for the 27.6 yards per return average is due to special teams play"
which is part of the problem but having another 8-15 touchbacks would solve the return problem and poor field position

As for the field goals ,55 % of his field goals this season have been made in the past 2 games

2 games out of 16 should not dictate a pro bowl nod

As good as Bess is it would be a travesty to have Bess picked over the likes of
Brandon Lloyd
Reggie Wayne
T.O.
Andre Johnson
Anquan Boldin
Austin Collie

Watching Garcon last year torch our team it was easy to see how talented he was. he made moves that average players do not make.

LOL. Sorry pal, but just because he torches your lowly jests doesn't make him elite.

As good as Bess is it would be a travesty to have Bess picked over the likes of
Brandon Lloyd
Reggie Wayne
T.O.
Andre Johnson
Anquan Boldin
Austin Collie
Best slot receiver of the group in my opinion.

LOL. Sorry pal, but just because he torches your lowly jests doesn't make him elite.

I never called him elite but that man has immense talent. people act like this is some schlub that Manning made w/ his own 2 hands. he's a talented WR and Wayne is an elite WR. Poor Peyton, he still has wepaons that most QBs would kill for but b/c he has an injured guy or there is a pity party for him.

Back
Top Bottom