Pft: Handling Of Culpepper Harmful To Fins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pft: Handling Of Culpepper Harmful To Fins?

What do you think players care about most then?

Eagerly awaiting your response. :jt0323:
Ooooooohhh you got me here. :lol:
Like all people who work, some will care and go where there the money is, some will want to go where they have the best chance to win, some will go where they have the best chance to start, some will go where they have stability, some will go where the best benefits whatever that may be are, etc etc. I can keep going. Either way you made a generalization of all nfl players and said that this will in no way effect any of the players.

edit: Prove that what you said is true for all players. I will be awaiting your response.

The Culpepper situation will have zero impact on attracting free agents. Their all mercenary and money will always be the main attraction. The problem is: the players on the roster remaining from last year. With all the "purging" their attitudes may be negatively affected and be "looking over their own shoulders". That's human nature.

Why? Are the Chiefs not going to be able to sign anyone next year because they held onto Green so long? Are the Titans in shambles because they held onto McNair so long?

This is just a lot of fluff from PFT just trying to stir something up. They are probably just bored because it has been a few hours since they wrote another article about Vick.

:lol::lol:

Soooooooo very true

Show them the Money, and they shall come!

That is the bottom line, most always is, and will always be.

We offered the center from Chicago the most ever for a center...he turned us down.

So it will not always come down to the mula mi amigo. ;)

Why? Are the Chiefs not going to be able to sign anyone next year because they held onto Green so long? Are the Titans in shambles because they held onto McNair so long?

This is just a lot of fluff from PFT just trying to stir something up. They are probably just bored because it has been a few hours since they wrote another article about Vick.

I think it will have an effect our ability to sign free agents. Lets put it this way, if a FA has 2 identical offers (one from Miami and one from another team) don't you think that a player would rather play for a team that will honor his contract and stand behind him when he gets injured, or would he rather play for a team that tosses him to the side if he gets hurt and someone else is available?

I honestly believe that this will hurt us, not necessarily in every case but in some instances. And if it turns out that the Phins were wrong and Culpepper returns to his previous form, that might also lead to players and fans second guessing every move this team makes and lower the trust between the FO and its players.

Hopefully that isn't the case, but it's definitely something to think about.

Show them the Money, and they shall come!

That is the bottom line, most always is, and will always be.
I recall Chris Hope after his visit to Miami last year saying Saban was trying to sell him on the history of the franchise, the whether, blah...blah...blah and then lambasted Saban saying something to the effect he couldn't care less about that stuff it was about the $$$.

wow the blinded Daunte fans at it again, including Florio

Ooooooohhh you got me here. :lol:
Like all people who work, some will care and go where there the money is, some will want to go where they have the best chance to win, some will go where they have the best chance to start, some will go where they have stability, some will go where the best benefits whatever that may be are, etc etc. I can keep going. Either way you made a generalization of all nfl players and said that this will in no way effect any of the players.

edit: Prove that what you said is true for all players. I will be awaiting your response.
Prove it? Am I supposed to give a link to what NFL players think? Fact is, the MAJORITY of the players with TALENT, want to be paid and will go where the money is. Also, the main goal of playing in the NFL is to get a Super Bowl ring. So, I think the assessment that most NFL players want to win and get paid is correct.

Joey Porter wanted to remain a Steeler, but when they released him, he was all set to go on a league tour. Do you think Miami was his #1 target from day 1? Most likely not. The reason he signed so fast is because they gave him a BIG contract. hmm.

Do you think Nate Clements is a big 49ers fan or just likes to sit on the banks and stare at the Golden Gate Bridge? Or could it be because they gave him a big contract? hmmm.

Were Randy Moss, or Donte Stallworth big Patriot fans when growing up? Or could it be that they have the best chance of winning? hmm.

Did [SIZE=-1]Derrick [/SIZE]Dockery grow up a Bills fan? Or does he just love living in a dying city where there is nothing to do? Or could it be because they paid him?

I can't wait to see all those talented players turning down big contracts from the Dolphins because they are afraid the front office are a bunch of big meanies.

"No Miami, I won't sign your big contract offer, because you were so mean to that injured QB that hasn't done squat since 2004. Also, I am signing with Cardinals because I love sand and their front office gives me cookies before mini camp."

:lol:

I don't think so cause they were trying to trade him. Its not like they kept him to ruin his career. Its a business and players need to understand that

I know he's right and funny. I need to get VIP but I'm so cheap:tongue:

I think that it will effect Free agent signings for the Dolphins because all the players will want to go a team that doesn't do antyhing like what the Dolphins did with Daunte Culpepper.

Those teams are.....ummm....uh......hmmmm.

:confused2

I don't think it will effect Miami's ability to sign future Free agents.

I think both of you are overreacting. Players care about winning and money. What happened with Culpepper will not make a difference.

I agree.

It's a bottom-line business for both sides. The VAST majority of guys play for the money #1.

The guys taking less money for rings are veterans who've already made plenty. You have to be a contending team for guys to make that short-term sacrifice. But in the end, guys are playing for money #1.

If we start winning, and/or Cameron becomes an attractive coach to play for, then maybe guys will come here for less. But until then, I don't see it happening.

Back
Top Bottom