Pft: Handling Of Culpepper Harmful To Fins? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pft: Handling Of Culpepper Harmful To Fins?

No team in the NFL craps on their players more than NE and nobody brings that up. This article is dumb and has no merit. Every team in the NFL has had a "player situation" and it always goes away. Miami is one of those places that players will always want to play because of the weatehr and no income tax.

Honestly, and I hate saying this, but there's a huge difference between NE and the rest of the league. NE has been a constant Super Bowl threat for the last decade.

True, but another thing to consider is the fact that NE is consistantly one of the top teams in the NFL. Any player would love to get a chance to play in NE.

Like I said, I hope this situation isn't a deciding factor for FA's, but part of me feels that it may come back to bite us on the backside.
That is what I have been saying. Money and winning are the two major factors.

You failed to add the following...

at the time it was stated that Olin took less money because he would have felt he let the team down... also it was stated that his wife did not like the area...to live and raise their kids...

Relax man....Its not that I failed to add, its that I did not know this information...So I guess add that to my list...Why is everyone on this site so quick to judge and jump down everyones throat the very second they get the chance too...Lol, pretty funny in my eyes :sidelol:

i'll tell you this, we will find out if ramcam handled this wrong,,how you ask,well,,the way our team plays and the passion as to which they do so,if they feel daunte was mistreated they will not be committed to the new regime, hece we will have the same old underachieving no spirit of a football team as we've had in the past.

What kind of market is it? How is the weather? Where does his wife want to go? Is it a good environment for their Kids to grow up? Are the 2 teams a good team and a bad one (an Oakland raiders and an indianapolis colts), are the 2 team 2 crappy ones (the Detriot Lions and cleveland browns) or are the teams 2 good ones (Indy and New Orleans)...Alot of different variables go into these decisions. Its not just, I'm going here or there type of decisions
Oh, no doubt about it, there are indeed other factors, but my scenerio was more of a "What if everything about the offers and the teams are the same". I should have worded it better.

Oh, no doubt about it, there are indeed other factors, but my scenerio was more of a "What if everything about the offers and the teams are the same". I should have worded it better.
hey L2G,what happened to the smack forum?,why is'nt it still on the site?

YOU WERE THE BEST!

Then I guess, all being equal, the more moral and loyal team would be the one chosen...But the bottom line is, that all every team in the NFL is worried about, is their bottom line

That is what I have been saying. Money and winning are the two major factors.
But it's hard to generalize all players because there are some that are only in it for the money, some that want to win and will take less to play for a contender, and then there are the players that fall in between. I think the more desirable players are the ones that value loyalty, winning and unity over $$$. They might be the players that question how this whole Daunte thing played out.

Then I guess, all being equal, the more moral and loyal team would be the one chosen...But the bottom line is, that all every team in the NFL is worried about, is their bottom line
True, but some teams are more careful with how the situation is handled and how the situation is played out in the press.

LOL some accusing others of generalizing in order to look right? too funny.

So what you want us to believe is that the top FA every year look at organizational structures over money right? Funny Clements took 80 mil form SFran yet the Yorks were considered horrible owner only 2 1/2 years ago, now they are great? Does Miami have a history of holding onto players it doesnt want?

Let me tell you something, no matter how much you are in love with Daunte, and how much you need to win this argument for Dauntes sake, money is was and will always be the driving factor in FA. Damien Woody is another prime example 2 years ago, Detroit sucks yet offered 9 mil guarenteed, more than anyone else would offer and they are losers bigger than we ever were.

When $ is similar among multiple teams , then the other factors weigh in. Notice I didnt say identical money, I said similar. Other factors are important, winning, culture, location, but they are factors that are considered after the money has been established.

SO go ahead and keep hoping you can twist reality to show how the Fins were so horrible in their treatment of Daunte. Daunte has his own culpability in this fiasco.

Relax man....Its not that I failed to add, its that I did not know this information...So I guess add that to my list...Why is everyone on this site so quick to judge and jump down everyones throat the very second they get the chance too...Lol, pretty funny in my eyes :sidelol:
Its OK Dolp... no hard feelings, and I was not jumping on you... I only place the information as "you failed to add," because I did not know the reason... it was not an attack and I apologize if it was interpreted as such...

Its OK Dolp... no hard feelings, and I was not jumping on you... I only place the information as "you failed to add," because I did not know the reason... it was not an attack and I apologize if it was interpreted as such...

Cool..Thanks for the apology. you know how some of the crazies on this site are jumpng all over someone

LOL some accusing others of generalizing in order to look right? too funny.

So what you want us to believe is that the top FA every year look at organizational structures over money right? Funny Clements took 80 mil form SFran yet the Yorks were considered horrible owner only 2 1/2 years ago, now they are great? Does Miami have a history of holding onto players it doesnt want?

Let me tell you something, no matter how much you are in love with Daunte, and how much you need to win this argument for Dauntes sake, money is was and will always be the driving factor in FA. Damien Woody is another prime example 2 years ago, Detroit sucks yet offered 9 mil guarenteed more than anyone else would offer and they are losers bigger than we ever were.

When $ is similar among multiple teams , then the other factors weigh in. Notice I didnt say identical money, I said similar. Other factors are important, winning, culture, location, but they are factors that are considered after the money has been established.

SO go ahead and keep hoping you can twist reality to show how the Fins were so horrible in their treatment of Daunte. Daunte has his own culpability in this fiasco.
Try to keep it civil and stick to the topic at hand.

Yes there are players that are only after the $$$, just like there are players that will sign for less than market value because they want to win. What I'm asking is.........which of those players would you rather have, the greedy player or the player concerned with winning and chemistry? I think the player that is more concerned with winning and chemistry would be the more desirable player and the one that might question the way this whole Daunte thing played out. Noone is claiming that Daunte is innocent in this, he did what he felt was best for him and the FO did what they thought was best for them. But the way it played out in the media has put the Miami organization in the news for the wrong reasons, which could effect the team and their chances at landing the more desirable players IMO.

Try to keep it civil and stick to the topic at hand.

Yes there are players that are only after the $$$, just like there are players that will sign for less than market value because they want to win. What I'm asking is.........which of those players would you rather have, the greedy player or the player concerned with winning and chemistry? I think the player that is more concerned with winning and chemistry would be the more desirable player and the one that might question the way this whole Daunte thing played out. Noone is claiming that Daunte is innocent in this, he did what he felt was best for him and the FO did what they thought was best for them. But the way it played out in the media has put the Miami organization in the news for the wrong reasons, which could effect the team and their chances at landing the more desirable players IMO.

Civil? LOL I ant being volatile, I am not upset, nor angry, nor sad, I find this all funny as he**.

The top FA in every FA class arent winners? They dont want to win because they want paid? Dont live in your false utopia, it doesnt exist. All players no matter who they are want paid market value, same as you and same as I in our "markets". It isnt greed and it isnt arrogance. Other factors do weigh in as I have said once the money is satisfied. Yeah some players take less to play where they like, but comeon dude, do you really think a player would turn down a contract that totalled say for example 10 to 20 mil more and 5 mil more guarenteed money to stay somewhere else?

I also am not anti - Daunte. But I refuse to clear Daunte of any responsibility in his fate. He wanted released, Fins wanted a trade. I dont blame DC for doing what was best for him based on his belief. WHy do you believe teh Fins had a responsibility to look out for Daunte first before their own interests? Utopia just doesnt exist.

Back
Top Bottom