Pft: Handling Of Culpepper Harmful To Fins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pft: Handling Of Culpepper Harmful To Fins?

[admin] No personal attacks! [/admin]

Prove it? Am I supposed to give a link to what NFL players think? Fact is, the MAJORITY of the players with TALENT, want to be paid and will go where the money is. Also, the main goal of playing in the NFL is to get a Super Bowl ring. So, I think the assessment that most NFL players want to win and get paid is correct.

Joey Porter wanted to remain a Steeler, but when they released him, he was all set to go on a league tour. Do you think Miami was his #1 target from day 1? Most likely not. The reason he signed so fast is because they gave him a BIG contract. hmm.

Do you think Nate Clements is a big 49ers fan or just likes to sit on the banks and stare at the Golden Gate Bridge? Or could it be because they gave him a big contract? hmmm.

Were Randy Moss, or Donte Stallworth big Patriot fans when growing up? Or could it be that they have the best chance of winning? hmm.

Did [SIZE=-1]Derrick [/SIZE]Dockery grow up a Bills fan? Or does he just love living in a dying city where there is nothing to do? Or could it be because they paid him?

I can't wait to see all those talented players turning down big contracts from the Dolphins because they are afraid the front office are a bunch of big meanies.

"No Miami, I won't sign your big contract offer, because you were so mean to that injured QB that hasn't done squat since 2004. Also, I am signing with Cardinals because I love sand and their front office gives me cookies before mini camp."

:lol:

So far, you wished Poz on IR and taken a totally unneccessary cheapshot at Buffalo? City smack is so weak. Oh, you're so cool because you live in Miami or whatever.

Back to the topic at hand, obviously winning and money are huge factors in signing FAs. Players talk. Last year, the Bills promised Clements if he signed his franchise tag, they won't franchise him again. It was a verbal agreement and the Bills could have tagged him again. But how do you think that would play with potential FAs?

In the Tennessee case, they totally embarassed the face of their franchise. Maybe, it's a huge coincidence but the Titans were a team on the rise and just had one of the worst offseasons in the entire NFL.

I'm not commenting on the Culpepper situation because I don't know all the details. But if other players feel the Fins treat him wrongly, it will make a difference in player's decision process.

It really doesn't matter what the players think to a degree.

Think about it....when Marino was playing...most players wanted to come here...."Get me down there" ....to play with Marino was commonly heard after many of his comebacks.

Didn't help us a lick.

Maybe its a good thing and finally it'll allow Miami to get better.

Prove it? Am I supposed to give a link to what NFL players think? Fact is, the MAJORITY of the players with TALENT, want to be paid and will go where the money is. Also, the main goal of playing in the NFL is to get a Super Bowl ring. So, I think the assessment that most NFL players want to win and get paid is correct.
You are generalizing players because you see them as super greedy monsters. I however, believe players, like most of us mortals, will have a variety of reasons. Could this be a big deal for a player maybe, maybe not.

Joey Porter wanted to remain a Steeler, but when they released him, he was all set to go on a league tour. Do you think Miami was his #1 target from day 1? Most likely not. The reason he signed so fast is because they gave him a BIG contract. hmm.
Hmmmmmmmm again prove it.

Do you think Nate Clements is a big 49ers fan or just likes to sit on the banks and stare at the Golden Gate Bridge? Or could it be because they gave him a big contract? hmmm.

Were Randy Moss, or Donte Stallworth big Patriot fans when growing up? Or could it be that they have the best chance of winning? hmm.

Did [SIZE=-1]Derrick [/SIZE]Dockery grow up a Bills fan? Or does he just love living in a dying city where there is nothing to do? Or could it be because they paid him?

I never said it was because they were fans of the team but hey if making it seems trivial helps you feel intelligent by all means.

I can't wait to see all those talented players turning down big contracts from the Dolphins because they are afraid the front office are a bunch of big meanies.

"No Miami, I won't sign your big contract offer, because you were so mean to that injured QB that hasn't done squat since 2004. Also, I am signing with Cardinals because I love sand and their front office gives me cookies before mini camp."

:lol:

I don't have a problem with what your saying. I have a problem with you generalizing to say it. If a player is lets say injury prone do you not think that the way dc was handled or any other injury prone/injured prone player will be a factor? Hmmmmmmm your right that won't be a factor. A second stringer will go where they offer him the best second string money, and no chance to start right? hmmmmmmmmm Your right only two factors in any decision.

Even if players do consider this to be a horrible thing, it won't matter next spring. All that will matter is how the Dolphins did on the season went and how much money they have to offer.

Even if players do consider this to be a horrible thing, it won't matter next spring. All that will matter is how the Dolphins did on the season went and how much money they have to offer.
But what if a FA receives 2 identical offers, one from us and one from another team? You don't feel that the way this situation was handled would figure into a players decision making?

But what if a FA receives 2 identical offers, one from us and one from another team? You don't feel that the way this situation was handled would figure into a players decision making?

Not really.

Look at New England. Their history of personnel relations (rather lack therof) is among the most well-known in the league. And it didn't stop them from poaching Donte Stallworth and Kelly Washington from us with identical (I believe) offers.

Obviously nothing is 100% all the time. But it all comes down to money and the caliber of team 99% of it. :lol:

No team in the NFL craps on their players more than NE and nobody brings that up. This article is dumb and has no merit. Every team in the NFL has had a "player situation" and it always goes away. Miami is one of those places that players will always want to play because of the weatehr and no income tax.

What kind of market is it? How is the weather? Where does his wife want to go? Is it a good environment for their Kids to grow up? Are the 2 teams a good team and a bad one (an Oakland raiders and an indianapolis colts), are the 2 team 2 crappy ones (the Detriot Lions and cleveland browns) or are the teams 2 good ones (Indy and New Orleans)...Alot of different variables go into these decisions. Its not just, I'm going here or there type of decisions

No team in the NFL craps on their players more than NE and nobody brings that up. This article is dumb and has no merit. Every team in the NFL has had a "player situation" and it always goes away. Miami is one of those places that players will always want to play because of the weatehr and no income tax.

This is what I was talking about earlier (accidentally deleted my post).

If this were New England, everybody would be saying, "Oh, that's just Belichick and Pioli". Perhaps even lauding them for doing everything they could to get something out of a bad situation.

But this isn't New England. We've been bad for awhile. So there couldn't possibly be a method, much less justification, to the madness.

You are generalizing players because you see them as super greedy monsters. I however, believe players, like most of us mortals, will have a variety of reasons. Could this be a big deal for a player maybe, maybe not.
Most of use mortals? So I am not human now because I see all the talented players go where the money is and where the winning team's are? Well, as a supernatural alien I guess I have a bigger view of what goes on in the universe. I am sorry, but in a world where money rules I have a hard time believing that most players sit around thinking, money and winning are not major factors in what team they choose.
Hmmmmmmmm again prove it.
Five-year, $32 million contract with a $12 million signing bonus and an additional $8 million in guaranteed money.
I never said it was because they were fans of the team but hey if making it seems trivial helps you feel intelligent by all means.
What you implied is that money and winning are not the major factors for signing players. Seems to me like all the big FA names went where the money is and where the winning teams are.
I don't have a problem with what your saying. I have a problem with you generalizing to say it. If a player is lets say injury prone do you not think that the way dc was handled or any other injury prone/injured prone player will be a factor? Hmmmmmmm your right that won't be a factor. A second stringer will go where they offer him the best second string money, and no chance to start right? hmmmmmmmmm Your right only two factors in any decision.
I don't think Miami will be signing any more players coming off three torn ligaments to big contracts in free agency, so I don't think that will be a problem.

A backup is a whole different field. Sure they are going to choose based on their best chance to play, because they won't be getting the big contract deals. I feel that depth should be added through years of drafting, and that free agency should be used to add one or two starters.

Also, I think that the majority in this thread sees it like me and not your way says something.

We offered the center from Chicago the most ever for a center...he turned us down.

So it will not always come down to the mula mi amigo. ;)

This scenario is different. Olin Kreutz was coached by Wanny in Chicago and when Wanny came to Miami and offered him a contract he said no...Most likely becasue he knew Wanny was a ****** coach and didnt want to play for him because of the experience of being coached by Wanny

You see that is again the media spinning things either by not telling exactly what happened or by not knowing exactly what happened...

Why is it so hard for them to say...

(headline)=DAUNTE CULPEPPER'S OWN WORST ENEMIE...

Due to Daunte's refusal to allow a trade from the Dolphins, he had to endure almost 6 weeks in limbo before the Dolphins' FO decided that a trade with another team could not be consumated anytime soon.

See that was simple and it reflects the truth of the matter...

Not really.

Look at New England. Their history of personnel relations (rather lack therof) is among the most well-known in the league. And it didn't stop them from poaching Donte Stallworth and Kelly Washington from us with identical (I believe) offers.

Obviously nothing is 100% all the time. But it all comes down to money and the caliber of team 99% of it. :lol:

True, but another thing to consider is the fact that NE is consistantly one of the top teams in the NFL. Any player would love to get a chance to play in NE.

Like I said, I hope this situation isn't a deciding factor for FA's, but part of me feels that it may come back to bite us on the backside.

This scenario is different. Olin Kreutz was coached by Wanny in Chicago and when Wanny came to Miami and offered him a contract he said no...Most likely becasue he knew Wanny was a ****** coach and didnt want to play for him because of the experience of being coached by Wanny

You failed to add the following...

at the time it was stated that Olin took less money because he would have felt he let the Bears down... also it was stated that his wife did not like the area...to live and raise their kids...

and here is one article on the issue...

Friday, March 8, 2002
  • After all the wooing from the Dolphins, Bears C Olin Kreutz has decided to stay put in Chicago. Kreutz agreed to terms with the Bears on a six-year deal worth $22.5 million, with a $7 million signing bonus. Kreutz, 24, who interrupted his honeymoon in his native Hawaii to visit with the Dolphins, was a Pro Bowl center last season and served as a Pro Bowl alternate in 1999 and 2000. The Dolphins reportedly backloaded Kreutz's offer with big numbers at the end of the contract, which he likely would not have seen. The Bears put a full-court press on Kreutz last night, when several coaches and teammates, including James "Big Cat" Williams, called Kreutz to voice their desire for him to stay in Chicago. The Bears agreed to tack on another million up front, increasing the Dolphins' offer of a $6 million signing bonus to $7 million. With the bonus increase and support from the Bears’ organization, Kreutz decided to stay put at Halas Hall, where his lively spirit is popular with teammates.
LINK: http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives2001/features_2001/freeagentnews_031002.asp

another article...

"He turned down more money from the Dolphins," said Mark Bartelstein, Kreutz's agent. "Miami recruited him hard, but he wanted to show loyalty to his teammates and coaches."

LINK: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2002/03/08/kreutz020308.html

Back
Top Bottom