PFT: Jets were ready to give up their 1st round pick for Marshall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Jets were ready to give up their 1st round pick for Marshall

Jets trading away almost all there draft picks? Color me shocked....

if they would have landed Marshall in NY, there would have been a lynching down in Davie. Sometime you need a little luck and it seems we've had a little streak as of late, let's hope it continues through the draft.

read the article....they couldnt work out a contract with Marshall.

read the article....they couldnt work out a contract with Marshall.

That tells me that our maligned "capologist" schooled the Jests!:lol2:

It contains a phony $2.7 million roster bonus payable in 2014 -- but only if Marshall participates in 95 percent or more of the Dolphins' special teams plays in 2010.
:ponder:

Marshall teamed with Edwards would have been very scary. Marshall is obviously by far the better of the two, but having teams double cover Marshall and freeing up Edwards would have been very difficult to defend.

Makes the trade even better, we beat those *******s to something and acquired a top five WR

Had they signed Marshall, we're the ones who could well have ended up with Holmes. As pointed out in another thread, and referenced here, our captologist Dawn, apparently did a good job and his contract is nowhere as stifling as was believed.

While both these guys are 1 infraction away from suspension as far as the risk goes, when it comes to gain: they've rented for 12 games a slightly better than average 5'11'' WR who had a very good QB (with a rapier arm, so to speak) throwing to him before he arrived in NJ and we've got one of the top 2 or 3 most elite man-sized WRs for the next 5 years who caught over 100 passes with Kyle friggin Orton throwing at him!

I'd say we came out much the better in the end.

Is this when they moved onto Holmes or would they have already acquired him? Cause if so that would be one crazy WR trio.

All I can say is its about time we got a break. Our front office should of been ahead of the Jets in interest. We got lucky

This will be the year we learn if we have our starter QB or not, barring injury of course. Henne has no excuses why he has no targets down field and capable of moving away from the dink n dunk school of Pennington style of play. If we can not force defenses to back up this year then I think we may still need to find a QB. Marshall is a huge boost to this team. I do not like that we dumped Ginn for a 5th but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom