PFT: Jets were ready to give up their 1st round pick for Marshall | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Jets were ready to give up their 1st round pick for Marshall

That tells me that our maligned "capologist" schooled the Jests!:lol2:

:ponder:

That and the Jets weren't willing to give him that amount of guaranteed money.

Marshall is better than Holmes but I like what we did. Make our guys earn their new contracts and our WR corps is still superior to yours plus we gave up a later rd pick rather than 2 in rd 2.

Henne was throwing for over 300 yards at the end of the season with the guys we currently had. Im almost positive that Henne is a franchise QB.

if they only awarded wins for 300 yd passing games you'd have been ok but he threw for that much b/c Miami was down big b/c henne and the O couldn't execute when the games were close and they had to throw a ton to get back into games.

The Jets wouldn't have traded for Marshall. He's too young. The Jets like to sign old men.

Yep, old guys like Edwards, Holmes,....

Rex Ryan went to the Doc Rivers School of Coaching...

Bluntonio is one piss test away from being suspended for a whole year, brandon isn't even close to that

Actually he is in a similar boat as Edwards and Holmes. He needs to stay out of trouble, even the sightest trouble could trigger a suspension and unlike our guys you guys have big $ invested in Marshall.

I see Marshall and Holmes similarly although marshall is a more talented version. Both teams made moves to make their teams better, the Dolphins signed theirs long term and we didn't. An argument can be made for both scenarios. On paper our teams are alot better now than when we ended the season. I look forward to our battles in the coming years.

That tells me that our maligned "capologist" schooled the Jests!:lol2:

:ponder:

Hmmmmm ... it tells me that Mashall is a clubhouse cancer who's all about himself and the money, and doesn't give a damn about winning. He had the opportunity to go to a team that went to the AFCCG last year and is one of the favorites to win the AFC this year. And ... He would have been paired with a former Pro Bowler on the other side, Braylon Edwards. Instead he chose to get paid a few dollars more and go to a sub .500 team and be paired with Davone Bess.

He got his ... that's all he cares about. I CAN'T WAIT to see him infect the locker room.

I don't know....12.5 mil guaranteed isn't too bad....we can cut Marshall next yr and owe him nothing....doesn't sound bad to me.

Hmmmmm ... it tells me that Mashall is a clubhouse cancer who's all about himself and the money, and doesn't give a damn about winning. He had the opportunity to go to a team that went to the AFCCG last year and is one of the favorites to win the AC this year. And ... He would have been paired with a former Pro Bowler on the other side, Braylon Edwards. Instead he chose to get paid a few dollars more and go to a sub .500 team and be paired with Davone Bess.

He got his ... that's all he cares about. I CAN'T WAIT to see him infect the locker room.

I love the "cancer" talk from Jests fans....

You do realize the same can be said for Calvin Pace right? Took the money and a sub .500 team over the AFCE champs??

Can you show me one instance of Marshall being a cancer? If the training camp video is the best you've got....take a pass. Look around at how many players don't even show up to camp when they're in the middle of contract issues....sure didn'tr change his play on the field....

Devon Bess is the slot reciever, not a #2, but hey...even in the slot he had more catches and yards than Edwards...and a lot less balls bouncing off his facemask.

"I'm walking into his locker room, I'll take whatever number is available"....sounds like cancer to me.

I love the "cancer" talk from Jests fans....

You do realize the same can be said for Calvin Pace right? Took the money and a sub .500 team over the AFCE champs??

Can you show me one instance of Marshall being a cancer? If the training camp video is the best you've got....take a pass. Look around at how many players don't even show up to camp when they're in the middle of contract issues....sure didn'tr change his play on the field....

Devon Bess is the slot reciever, not a #2, but hey...even in the slot he had more catches and yards than Edwards...and a lot less balls bouncing off his facemask.

"I'm walking into his locker room, I'll take whatever number is available"....sounds like cancer to me.

Funny ... but I'd say being responsible for the death of a teammate (Darrent Williams) because you just can't keep yourself from acting like an a-hole and a thug is about as CANCEROUS as you can possibly get.

Hmmmmm ... it tells me that Mashall is a clubhouse cancer who's all about himself and the money, and doesn't give a damn about winning. He had the opportunity to go to a team that went to the AFCCG last year and is one of the favorites to win the AFC this year. And ... He would have been paired with a former Pro Bowler on the other side, Braylon Edwards. Instead he chose to get paid a few dollars more and go to a sub .500 team and be paired with Davone Bess.

9jdg2a-1.jpg

Braylon Edwards? :lol::lol:. Ted Ginn's fellow stone-handed evil twin you mean? Did it occur to you that maybe he did want to play for a playoff bound team doing it the right way.. or that his new wife laid the law down preventing him from associating with skumbags and miscreants?

Actually it tells me he didn't want to be coached by a bunch of buffoons including an obese empty promises crybaby who didn't even know that he still might be able to back into a playoff spot. And I can't wait to see 2 year failure Cromartie inpregnate half the ho's in Jersey and get locked away for failure to pay child support.

9jdg2a-1.jpg

Braylon Edwards? :lol::lol:. Ted Ginn's fellow stone-handed evil twin you mean? Did it occur to you that maybe he did want to play for a playoff bound team doing it the right way.. or that his new wife laid the law down preventing him from associating with skumbags and miscreants?

Actually it tells me he didn't want to be coached by a bunch of buffoons including an obese empty promises crybaby who didn't even know that he still might be able to back into a playoff spot. And I can't wait to see 2 year failure Cromartie inpregnate half the ho's in Jersey and get locked away for failure to pay child support.

Wow ... I hate to confuse you with the facts, but ...

Edwards - 5 drops in 2009
Marshall - 7 drops in 2009

(in case your math isn't too good ... 7 is more than 5)

Maybe you got confused because you saw Edwards drop a couple in the playoffs ... you know, that tournament at the end of the year that the Dolphins, or Marshall didn't qualify for... even though both teams had the spots in their grasp with 3 games to go ... but then they went 0-6 combined.

What do you mean? That guy didn't even know his team was going to the playoffs LAST year! Remember he told the NY papers how the Jets season was OVER?!?! LMFAO! Guy doesn't even know what's going on out there.

All Rex Ryan does is make promises, promises, promises. I have yet to see him come through on any of them.

But I CAN count on two hands how many times I've heard him say something that was complete BS and turned out to be wrong already.

He's perfect for Jets fans. As stupid as they are they'll believe ANY and EVERYTHING the guy says! I love it!

Maybe you got confused because you saw Edwards drop a couple in the playoffs ... you know, that tournament at the end of the year that the Dolphins, or Marshall didn't qualify for... even though both teams had the spots in their grasp with 3 games to go ... but then they went 0-6 combined.

You want to talk about blowing games down the stretch you might need to take a look in the mirror there bud before you start pointing fingers. I mean you do realize your team is the Jets don't you? Your franchise is probably one of, if not the most snake bitten, under achieving team in all of football history. It seemed like every single year the Jets would find a new way to blow it.

Do you so quickly forget what happened to your 'folding' Jets just the year before when they blew what was a 3 game lead to Miami - Losing 4 out of their last 5 games only to watch the Dolphins come into the Meadowlands on the last and final day of the season (for you anyway) and completely embarrass your football team and fans? With the QB YOU just dumped for nothing!

Oh dude, it really doesn't get any better then that as far as complete OWNAGE goes! And you haven't beaten us since then.

What do you mean? That guy didn't even know his team was going to the playoffs LAST year! Remember he told the NY papers how the Jets season was OVER?!?! LMFAO! Guy doesn't even know what's going on out there.

All Rex Ryan does is make promises, promises, promises. I have yet to see him come through on any of them.

But I CAN count on two hands how many times I've heard him say something that was complete BS and turned out to be wrong already.

He's perfect for Jets fans. As stupid as they are they'll believe ANY and EVERYTHING the guy says! I love it!

Let's recap ... 3 games to go in the 2009 season and the Dolphins are in great shape to make the playoffs ... and because your coach is so smart, he knows exactly what the situation is.

Let's see how he got his team ready for the final push with 2 of the last 3 at HOME ...

The gutless Fish decide not to show up for the last three games until it's way too late ... getting down 24-6 to Tennessee, Down 27-0 to Houston (at home) and Down 27-10 to Pittsburgh (at home).

Wow ... that's pathetic. Maybe somebody should let Sparano and the Dolphins know that the game starts right after the opening kickoff.

Anyway, any time there's pressure on the line, we'll take our coach (2-1 in the playoffs) over your coach (0-1 in the playoffs, falling behind 20-3 as usual in a big game).

You want to talk about blowing games down the stretch you might need to take a look in the mirror there bud before you start pointing fingers. I mean you do realize your team is the Jets don't you? Your franchise is probably one of, if not the most snake bitten, under achieving team in all of football history. It seemed like every single year the Jets would find a new way to blow it.

Do you so quickly forget what happened to your 'folding' Jets just the year before when they blew what was a 3 game lead to Miami - Losing 4 out of their last 5 games only to watch the Dolphins come into the Meadowlands on the last and final day of the season (for you anyway) and completely embarrass your football team and fans? With the QB YOU just dumped for nothing!

Oh dude, it really doesn't get any better then that as far as complete OWNAGE goes! And you haven't beaten us since then.

I'm sorry ... WHEN was the last time you guys won a playoff game?? I can't seem to remember. We won 2 of them last year with our new head coach.

My highschool math tells me when you caught 45 and dropped 5 you're much worse than if you catch 101 and drop 7.

It's ok though, whatever helps you sleep at night.

you forgot to factor in "attempts" didntya?
(attempts is defined as "number of times thrown to"). Sorta makes a difference, no?

oh you mean the playoff that Peyton Manning proved beyond a doubt that if he didn't take a knee in the 15th game, you'd have been home watching instead of backing in as a prize for batting .333 in your division? But yes you're right in that 7-7-2 is better than 7-9 but not by much.

Best hurry home, The Village of TGG is missing a circle-jerker.

nxklsy-1.jpg

My highschool math tells me when you caught 45 and dropped 5 you're much worse than if you catch 101 and drop 7.

It's ok though, whatever helps you sleep at night.

please, don't confuse him or take him off the message he learned from the JI and TGG mutual masturbatory societies.

Really? Rex said this team will play defense (ranked #1 in football last year) said we would run the ball (ranked #1 in football last year)... Yup Rex makes promises all the time and never come through with any of them...:rolleyes2: You obviously don't have a clue to what you are talking about, just another delusional fan on this board.

Back
Top Bottom