PFT: Jets were ready to give up their 1st round pick for Marshall | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Jets were ready to give up their 1st round pick for Marshall

Umm, are we talking about the same Peyton who was 26/39 for 377 yards, 3 TD's and 0 interceptions and pretty much torched your Jets defense at will?

Cause that's not what it looked like to me.

It wasnt the Jets who allowed Manning barely 15 minutes of possession to beat them....:boohoo:

Gotta love it. Jets are in for a rude awakening, not that Jets fans aren't expecting any less. I can sense a lot of SOJ threads on TGG this year. What's even funnier is they think they have had a great offseason when in reality they haven't. Somehow losing a 1400 yard rusher and signing a washed up RB is an improvement. Somehow losing a decent safety in Rhodes and signing an average, concussion prone safety in pool is an improvement. Somehow Cromartie is going to shut down every #2 WR in the league, when in reality, he's an average corner who's been pretty bad since 2007. I'll give you guys Holmes, for a 5th, you got a very good #2 WR, but he's a jackass, who's suspended the 1st 4 games. Keep telling yourselves you've had a great offseason though, when the fact is we have had a much, much more productive offseason.

Brodney Pool is a better FS than the Dolphins currently have... He is supposingly concussion prone but he said he has had 1 real concussion, he has migraines that run through his family and is now on new medicine. Pool if he can stay healthy will be good, hes not afraid to tackle like Rhodes and is more athletic.

Cromartie is a better CB than the Dolphins currently have.... In 2007 his best season he had one DC, the next 2 years he had a different DC and scheme. He didn't fit in the zone schemes, he wasn't bad last year either. 70 QB rating against and 2 TD allowed. 2008 he was but he played with a hip fracture. On the Jets he'll be playing to his strengths, Rex and Thurman always loved Cromartie since he was a prospect and felt he had the best DB workout they ever saw. He'll thrive, book it.

That 1,400 yard rusher you guys called overrated last year, now that hes gone hes amazing. He was reliable but the OL made his success really. Shonn Greene is a better runner, just has to prove he can stay healthy.

Santonio Holmes is suspended for 4 games, you are right. Getting a 1,200+ yard WR for a 5th is a steal. Hes a play maker and makes the big plays in big moments. He likes his pot, shouldn't be illegal anyways. He still has been arrested less times than Brandon Marshall. I am thrilled to match Holmes up with J-Co and BE, make a deadly trio. Not to mention Dustin Keller at TE and Leon/LT in the backfield catching the ball.

The Jets have had a great off season so far, can't wait to see what they do in the draft. We are set up to take best available player, especially if we do end up with Jason Taylor. If we do that I hope we get Devin McCourty in round 1, make us have the best CB corps in the NFL. We'll match teams with multiple WRs much better than last year.

The BOTTOM LINE out of all of this is the Dolphins have twice as many titles as the Jets. You want to get technical that's what we play for, right?

And where's this dominance the Jets have had over the Dolphins in the 90's and 2000's? Through-out the entire 90's we went 10-10 against each other. And since 2000 it's been 13-7 in favor of the Jets. A 3 game swing in 10 years is certainly not domination. Especially since we've got the last little streak of 3 straight wins.

In the 80's it was 11-9 in Miami's favor, and in the 70's 14-6 for Miami. And in the 60's the Jets went 8-0 before we were even really established.

And if you're not 1st you're last, no? I mean were you even born to witness the last time the Jets were even IN the Super Bowl back in (wait for it) 1968?!! I mean dude, you haven't even played for a championship in OVER 40 years -and you're throwing the last 18 years at us? Are you F***ing kidding me you delusional fan?!!

You didn't win either of those AFC championship games that you were "in"! Peyton Manning lit up your 'OMG GREAT DEFENSE' for over 375 passing yards 3TD's and over 100 yards on the ground on their way to SHUTTING YOU OUT in the 2nd half! Oh but wait "We actually had a CHANCE to win in the 2nd half". LMFAO! Really dude?! Is it that bad for you Jets fans that you still get your hopes up over a 'chance to win'?? LOL! Yeah, you had a chance, but then you got shut out. Great job!

And the 2nd AFC championship appearance you're talking about against the Broncos?? You mean the team that OUT SCORED your team 23-7 in the 2nd half to go to an easy win? :crazy: Again, you HAD a chance to win a conference championship game in the 2nd half, but then what did you do? You Blew it. And lost both games! "Oh, but we had a chance to win". Lol Give me a break you clown. Had a chance to win....

And then please tell me what happened the time before that when you found yourselves in another AFC championship game in 1982?? Can you tell me who you played and what happened? You got shut out by the Dolphins 14-0! :lol2:

That's 0 for your last 3 when it actually counts. All loses. And you want to talk to us about success? The dolphins have played in and WON twice as many playoff games as the Jets! Literally.

Don't wonder why we call you Jets fans close minded and delusional.

Twice as many:lol: it's not like you have 8 and we have 4, you have ONE more SB title than we have.

From 1998-current we have beaten Miami 17 of 24 times
from 2000- current we have beaten Miami 13 of 20 times
We have swept you 7 times in the last 11 seasons.

I don't know where I get this silly notion that we have domianted Miami?:3w:

Your last SB title was 1973, ours was 1968. That is a 5 year difference and 90% of the board was not alive for any of those championships. Stop acting like you have this elite franchise. You guys haven't even been close to an AFC Title Game since 1994. Just stop.

Manning had a great game, the game was lost when Shonn Greene went down early in the 2nd half. It happens but you probably wouldn't remember a)what it is like to play in an AFC title game and b)what it is like to be competitive in a playoff loss.

we did lose in '82 to Miami(thanks to a bogus non-fumble call that gave you the ball back to score your only offensive TD) and how did that next game end up for you?

We won 2 playoff games in the 2009 seasons, you haven't won 2 playoff games in a single postseason since 1984. Your last 2 playoff wins came in 1999 and 2000.

Delusional? i know we don't have a great all time franchise, delusion is coming from the dolphin fans who act like they have a elite all time franchise.

Back
Top Bottom