PFT: Jets were ready to give up their 1st round pick for Marshall | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Jets were ready to give up their 1st round pick for Marshall

oh you mean the playoff that Peyton Manning proved beyond a doubt that if he didn't take a knee in the 15th game, you'd have been home watching instead of backing in as a prize for batting .333 in your division? But yes you're right in that 7-7-2 is better than 7-9 but not by much.

Best hurry home, The Village of TGG is missing a circle-jerker.

nxklsy-1.jpg

7-7-2???

I can't follow how your brain works ...

Peyton "took a knee in week 15" so that win doesnt' count (even though it was a 5 point game at the time) because he beat us in the Playoffs (without our best running back for the entire 2nd half). But on the other hand, Beating Cincy in the playoffs doesn't prove the ***-whipping we put on them in week 16 in week was legit???

My brain is bleeding ... but I know this much ... If we backed in, its still better than backing out, like your team did. We won 2 playoff games ... on the road. When was the last time you guys enjoyed a postseason win??? Not since Marino retired.

Since Marino retired, we've OWNED your *****... 5 sweeps in 10 years.

2000 -Jets sweep
2001 -Jets sweep
2002 -split
2003 -Dolphins sweep
2004 -Jets sweep
2005 -split
2006 -Jets sweep
2007 -Jets sweep
2008 -split
2009 -Dolphins sweep

Enjoy the 2 wins you got last year... They seem to be the highlight of your dreadful season. But at the same time, take a good look at how the second game went. Man-on-man, you got your ***** handed to you. You got lucky. Don't expect it to happen again.

7-7-2???

I can't follow how your brain works ...

Peyton "took a knee in week 15" so that win doesnt' count (even though it was a 5 point game at the time) because he beat us in the Playoffs (without our best running back for the entire 2nd half). But on the other hand, Beating Cincy in the playoffs doesn't prove the ***-whipping we put on them in week 16 in week was legit???

My brain is bleeding ... but I know this much ... If we backed in, its still better than backing out, like your team did. We won 2 playoff games ... on the road. When was the last time you guys enjoyed a postseason win??? Not since Marino retired.

Since Marino retired, we've OWNED your *****... 5 sweeps in 10 years.

2000 -Jets sweep
2001 -Jets sweep
2002 -split
2003 -Dolphins sweep
2004 -Jets sweep
2005 -split
2006 -Jets sweep
2007 -Jets sweep
2008 -split
2009 -Dolphins sweep

Enjoy the 2 wins you got last year... They seem to be the highlight of your dreadful season. But at the same time, take a good look at how the second game went. Man-on-man, you got your ***** handed to you. You got lucky. Don't expect it to happen again.

-Playoff Appearances - Dolphins 22, Jets 12
-Superbowl Appearances - Dolphins 5, Jets 1
-Superbowl Victorys - Dolphins 2, Jets 1
-AFC Championships Won - Dolphins 5, Jets 1
-AFC East Division Championships - Dolphins 13, Jets 2 (:crazy:)
-Hall of Famers - Dolphins 10, Jets 6
-All Time Record - Dolphins - 387-281 (58%)
-All Time Record -Jets - 340-408 (44%)

- Losing seasons - Jets - 21, Dolphins - 10

WINS SINCE 1970 - Present day

- NY Jets - 264
- Miami Dolphins - 372 (Most wins in the NFL)

You see that last one? MOST WINS IN THE NFL SINCE 1970. Those great Steeler dynasty's in the 70's? Or the great 49'ers of the 80's? Even the dominate Cowboys of the 90's don't have as many wins when you add them all up dating back 40 years.

Or you could just look at it like this..

The Dolphins could just go 0-16 for the next 8+ years, and the Jets go an undefeated 16-0 for every single one of those years and the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS would have still LOST more games then the Dolphins in their franchise! That's almost a decade worth of straight LOSING!

I love the "cancer" talk from Jests fans....

You do realize the same can be said for Calvin Pace right? Took the money and a sub .500 team over the AFCE champs??

Can you show me one instance of Marshall being a cancer? If the training camp video is the best you've got....take a pass. Look around at how many players don't even show up to camp when they're in the middle of contract issues....sure didn'tr change his play on the field....

Devon Bess is the slot reciever, not a #2, but hey...even in the slot he had more catches and yards than Edwards...and a lot less balls bouncing off his facemask.

"I'm walking into his locker room, I'll take whatever number is available"....sounds like cancer to me.

Pace came to us in 2008, you guys were coming off a 1 win season when he signed w/ us.

I'm not saying Marshall is a cancer I'm just correcting the info on pace.

Braylon Edwards? :lol::lol:. Ted Ginn's fellow stone-handed evil twin you mean? Did it occur to you that maybe he did want to play for a playoff bound team doing it the right way.. or that his new wife laid the law down preventing him from associating with skumbags and miscreants?

Actually it tells me he didn't want to be coached by a bunch of buffoons including an obese empty promises crybaby who didn't even know that he still might be able to back into a playoff spot. And I can't wait to see 2 year failure Cromartie inpregnate half the ho's in Jersey and get locked away for failure to pay child support.

yep a bunch of buffoons that led their team to the AFC Title Game in their first year w/ a rookie QB unlike the great Sparano who has never even been part of a staff that has a playoff win.

Just stick to posting pictrues you think are funny b/c when it comes to football talk you are over your head.

-Playoff Appearances - Dolphins 22, Jets 12
-Superbowl Appearances - Dolphins 5, Jets 1
-Superbowl Victorys - Dolphins 2, Jets 1
-AFC Championships Won - Dolphins 5, Jets 1
-AFC East Division Championships - Dolphins 13, Jets 2 (:crazy:)
-Hall of Famers - Dolphins 10, Jets 6
-All Time Record - Dolphins - 387-281 (58%)
-All Time Record -Jets - 340-408 (44%)

- Losing seasons - Jets - 21, Dolphins - 10

WINS SINCE 1970 - Present day

- NY Jets - 264
- Miami Dolphins - 372 (Most wins in the NFL)

You see that last one? MOST WINS IN THE NFL SINCE 1970. Those great Steeler dynasty's in the 70's? Or the great 49'ers of the 80's? Even the dominate Cowboys of the 90's don't have as many wins when you add them all up dating back 40 years.

Or you could just look at it like this..

The Dolphins could just go 0-16 for the next 8+ years, and the Jets go an undefeated 16-0 for every single one of those years and the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS would have still LOST more games then the Dolphins in their franchise! That's almost a decade worth of straight LOSING!

:lol2: Here we go cracking out the 70s and 80s results as if they have anything to do w/ today.

The bottom line is Miami has 2 SB wins and we have 1 and in recent, more relevant times we have not only dominated the dolphins but we have made more postseasons and won mopre postseason games. I hope you enjoyed your winning seasons from the 70s and 80s watching the Jers teach a level that your team hasn't reached in 18 years.

Pace came to us in 2008, you guys were coming off a 1 win season when he signed w/ us.

I'm not saying Marshall is a cancer I'm just correcting the info on pace.

yep a bunch of buffoons that led their team to the AFC Title Game in their first year w/ a rookie QB unlike the great Sparano who has never even been part of a staff that has a playoff win.

Just stick to posting pictrues you think are funny b/c when it comes to football talk you are over your head.

there ya go parsing convenient BS as pertinent facts again. Your act may play well on TGG but when it comes to posting on this site, stick to reality cause over here your bullcrap does not fly.

:lol2: Here we go cracking out the 70s and 80s results as if they have anything to do w/ today.

The bottom line is Miami has 2 SB wins and we have 1 and in recent, more relevant times we have not only dominated the dolphins but we have made more postseasons and won mopre postseason games. I hope you enjoyed your winning seasons from the 70s and 80s watching the Jers teach a level that your team hasn't reached in 18 years.

Jest have never sniffed the SB since 69 so you can make believe your 6 game "winning streak" was any more valid, impressive or relevant than the Broncos streak at the beginning of the season (actually they had no help) but the reality is you're a 7-7-2 team who lost 4 out of 6 divisional games. When it comes to the overrated jest and their history of underachievement, you can polish a turd any way you want, but it's still a POS. So stick to trying to sell your BS to your fellow circle jerkers.. it doesn't fly here no mater how many tens of 1000s of trollish bandwidth you waste to try convince realists otherwise!

20toy91-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jest have never sniffed the SB since 69 so you can make believe your 6 game "winning streak" was any more valid, impressive or relevant than the Broncos streak at the beginning of the season (actually they had no help) but the reality is you're a 7-7-2 team who lost 4 out of 6 divisional games. When it comes to the overrated jest and their history of underachievement, you can polish a turd any way you want, but it's still a POS. So stick to trying to sell your BS to your fellow circle jerkers.. it doesn't fly here no mater how many tens of 1000s of posting bandwidth you waste to try convince realists otherwise!

We have been to 2 AFC Title games including the most recent one so we have been a heck of alot closer than the great Miami dolphins have been in 18 years and unlike your last 2 AFC Title Game apps('92, '85) we have actually held 2nd half leads and had a chance to win.

But hey, you have more "winning seasons" than anyone else so obviously you are the Yankees of the NFL:lol::lol2:

Gotta love it. Jets are in for a rude awakening, not that Jets fans aren't expecting any less. I can sense a lot of SOJ threads on TGG this year. What's even funnier is they think they have had a great offseason when in reality they haven't. Somehow losing a 1400 yard rusher and signing a washed up RB is an improvement. Somehow losing a decent safety in Rhodes and signing an average, concussion prone safety in pool is an improvement. Somehow Cromartie is going to shut down every #2 WR in the league, when in reality, he's an average corner who's been pretty bad since 2007. I'll give you guys Holmes, for a 5th, you got a very good #2 WR, but he's a jackass, who's suspended the 1st 4 games. Keep telling yourselves you've had a great offseason though, when the fact is we have had a much, much more productive offseason.

We have been to 2 AFC Title games including the most recent one so we have been a heck of alot closer than the great Miami dolphins have been in 18 years and unlike your last 2 AFC Title Game apps('92, '85) we have actually held 2nd half leads and had a chance to win.

But hey, you have more "winning seasons" than anyone else so obviously you are the Yankees of the NFL:lol::lol2:

The BOTTOM LINE out of all of this is the Dolphins have twice as many titles as the Jets. You want to get technical that's what we play for, right?

And where's this dominance the Jets have had over the Dolphins in the 90's and 2000's? Through-out the entire 90's we went 10-10 against each other. And since 2000 it's been 13-7 in favor of the Jets. A 3 game swing in 10 years is certainly not domination. Especially since we've got the last little streak of 3 straight wins.

In the 80's it was 11-9 in Miami's favor, and in the 70's 14-6 for Miami. And in the 60's the Jets went 8-0 before we were even really established.

And if you're not 1st you're last, no? I mean were you even born to witness the last time the Jets were even IN the Super Bowl back in (wait for it) 1968?!! I mean dude, you haven't even played for a championship in OVER 40 years -and you're throwing the last 18 years at us? Are you F***ing kidding me you delusional fan?!!

You didn't win either of those AFC championship games that you were "in"! Peyton Manning lit up your 'OMG GREAT DEFENSE' for over 375 passing yards 3TD's and over 100 yards on the ground on their way to SHUTTING YOU OUT in the 2nd half! Oh but wait "We actually had a CHANCE to win in the 2nd half". LMFAO! Really dude?! Is it that bad for you Jets fans that you still get your hopes up over a 'chance to win'?? LOL! Yeah, you had a chance, but then you got shut out. Great job!

And the 2nd AFC championship appearance you're talking about against the Broncos?? You mean the team that OUT SCORED your team 23-7 in the 2nd half to go to an easy win? :crazy: Again, you HAD a chance to win a conference championship game in the 2nd half, but then what did you do? You Blew it. And lost both games! "Oh, but we had a chance to win". Lol Give me a break you clown. Had a chance to win....

And then please tell me what happened the time before that when you found yourselves in another AFC championship game in 1982?? Can you tell me who you played and what happened? You got shut out by the Dolphins 14-0! :lol2:

That's 0 for your last 3 when it actually counts. All loses. And you want to talk to us about success? The dolphins have played in and WON twice as many playoff games as the Jets! Literally.

Don't wonder why we call you Jets fans close minded and delusional.

And where's this dominance the Jets have had over the Dolphins in the 90's and 2000's? Through-out the entire 90's we went 10-10 against each other. And since 2000 it's been 13-7 in favor of the Jets. A 3 game swing in 10 years is certainly not domination. Especially since we've got the last little streak of 3 straight wins.

Ah, that's the fun with numbers. We can twist them to say anything we want. Here's another take:

From 1998-2008 the Jets were 17-5 against Miami. That's 17 wins out of 22 matchups. There's the dominance you were looking for.

On a side note, sweet thread. I felt this forum was long overdue for an all out homer-fest of a thread. The draft should give it even more legs too!

Ah, that's the fun with numbers. We can twist them to say anything we want. Here's another take:

From 1998-2008 the Jets were 17-5 against Miami. That's 17 wins out of 22 matchups. There's the dominance you were looking for.

Touche.

But then, from 1994 - Present day 2009 it's only 18-14. :3w:

Touche.

But then, from 1994 - Present day 2009 it's only 18-14. :3w:

Again, we can take numbers and have them say anything we want. It's all about putting it into the right context. I mean, you guys are doing backflips over the 3 game streak you've got going on right now, so you can imagine that I probably prefer my little spin on it. ;)

Interesting... Dolphins bring in 26 year old Marshall and 28/29 year old Dansby. The Jets bring in 25 year old Pool, 26 year old Holmes, 26 year old Cromartie, 25 year old Folk, 30 year old Tomlinson. And the Jets like to sign old men? Jets actually got younger... Pool is younger than Rhodes, Cromartie is younger than Sheppard, Tomlinson is younger than Jones, Folk is younger than Feely.

Anyways the Jets didn't lose nothing, they looked into Marshall and weren't comfortable giving a player with the risks of a Marshall a long term deal. Apparently 30 other teams felt the same.
You can't count Tomlinson. 30 is old in NFL RB standards.

Thank god the Jets didn't pull the trigger on him. I had been against the idea ever since I heard it mentioned.

I'm not happy he's in Miami though. I would have much preferred to have seen him in Seattle.

oh you mean the playoff that Peyton Manning proved beyond a doubt that if he didn't take a knee in the 15th game, you'd have been home watching instead of backing in as a prize for batting .333 in your division? But yes you're right in that 7-7-2 is better than 7-9 but not by much.

Best hurry home, The Village of TGG is missing a circle-jerker.

nxklsy-1.jpg

The only thing Peyton proved was that he could recognize when three starting defensive backs were out of the game with injuries.When the starters were on the field he had no where to go with the ball and took sacks.

The only thing Peyton proved was that he could recognize when three starting defensive backs were out of the game with injuries.When the starters were on the field he had no where to go with the ball and took sacks.

Umm, are we talking about the same Peyton who was 26/39 for 377 yards, 3 TD's and 0 interceptions and pretty much torched your Jets defense at will?

Cause that's not what it looked like to me.

Jest have never sniffed the SB since 69 so you can make believe your 6 game "winning streak" was any more valid, impressive or relevant than the Broncos streak at the beginning of the season (actually they had no help) but the reality is you're a 7-7-2 team who lost 4 out of 6 divisional games. When it comes to the overrated jest and their history of underachievement, you can polish a turd any way you want, but it's still a POS. So stick to trying to sell your BS to your fellow circle jerkers.. it doesn't fly here no mater how many tens of 1000s of trollish bandwidth you waste to try convince realists otherwise!

20toy91-1.jpg

Bravo! Once again all you do make pics, nothing more, nothing less.

Back
Top Bottom