PFT: Jets were ready to give up their 1st round pick for Marshall | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Jets were ready to give up their 1st round pick for Marshall

All I can say is its about time we got a break. Our front office should of been ahead of the Jets in interest. We got lucky

NOT lucky, just extremely capable!

Inwardly they had a plan in place, outwardly they showed NO interest!:hump:

Keep in mind, they had to wait until Brandon signed his offer.

This will be the year we learn if we have our starter QB or not, barring injury of course. Henne has no excuses why he has no targets down field and capable of moving away from the dink n dunk school of Pennington style of play. If we can not force defenses to back up this year then I think we may still need to find a QB. Marshall is a huge boost to this team. I do not like that we dumped Ginn for a 5th but oh well.

Henne was throwing for over 300 yards at the end of the season with the guys we currently had. Im almost positive that Henne is a franchise QB.

This will be the year we learn if we have our starter QB or not, barring injury of course. Henne has no excuses why he has no targets down field and capable of moving away from the dink n dunk school of Pennington style of play. If we can not force defenses to back up this year then I think we may still need to find a QB. Marshall is a huge boost to this team. I do not like that we dumped Ginn for a 5th but oh well.

+1 on the bastiat quote, first time I see someone other than me have it as there sig!!!

The Jets wouldn't have traded for Marshall. He's too young. The Jets like to sign old men.

Rex Ryan went to the Doc Rivers School of Coaching...

Bluntonio is one piss test away from being suspended for a whole year, brandon isn't even close to that

Thats the jets side- Anyone consider that Daniels wanted to divide and conquer? Pats and Jets become too rich for Denver to overcome so they even it out. Now its a battle Royal for the AFC EAST.

tbh our two second rounders are worth more then the Jets first rounder. This draft is loaded with talent and the talent a team can acquire with a mid second rounder is not that far off from what a team would acquire with a late first.

tbh our two second rounders are worth more then the Jets first rounder. This draft is loaded with talent and the talent a team can acquire with a mid second rounder is not that far off from what a team would acquire with a late first.
I agree with you, I would rather have the two mid-round 2nds than one low 1st. But I'm still okay with what we gave up and extremely excited about the trade and what it means for this offense.

Would of been scary if they got Marshall....but hes a Miami Dolphin now

The Jets wouldn't have traded for Marshall. He's too young. The Jets like to sign old men.

Interesting... Dolphins bring in 26 year old Marshall and 28/29 year old Dansby. The Jets bring in 25 year old Pool, 26 year old Holmes, 26 year old Cromartie, 25 year old Folk, 30 year old Tomlinson. And the Jets like to sign old men? Jets actually got younger... Pool is younger than Rhodes, Cromartie is younger than Sheppard, Tomlinson is younger than Jones, Folk is younger than Feely.

Anyways the Jets didn't lose nothing, they looked into Marshall and weren't comfortable giving a player with the risks of a Marshall a long term deal. Apparently 30 other teams felt the same.

Back
Top Bottom