Poll: FH Tannehill Level of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: FH Tannehill Level of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications)

Poll: FH Tannehill Level Of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications)

• Confident in Tannehill - let's draft solely for need

• Confident in Tannehill - but should draft a later-round developmental QB

• Believe in Tannehill -but not confident in complete recovery- draft a top tier QB in case

• On The Fence - Want him to succeed but prudent to draft a potential replacement to compete

• No Confidence in Tannehill - Draft a top tier QB to replace him

• No Confidence in Tannehill - Sign Both a Free Agent QB to replace him & Draft a QB In Waiting

• Other - please specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
Only way I'm taking a qb is if Jackson is there in round 2.

Develop him, if he can get his accuracy in check and be more consistent in ball placement then he can be a star.

On the Fence. Tannehill's first year with Gase was encouraging, but I don't think he can make the leap to a top tier QB. And these days it seems like without one, you're fighting an uphill battle no matter how good the rest of your team is. I hope I'm wrong, but I think it would be prudent to draft a QB on day 1 or 2.

can you imagine this board if Phins take a qb at 11?
It will be true entertainment
As entertaining as you with a thread complaining about the QB and coach daily? I really don't think many will freak out if they take a QB at 11, if they really like him. I would rather address the defense and find a QB to develop in the later rounds. There are actually a few good ones available. Can you imagine if Ryan plays very well this season and continues to progress with Gase? Somehow I don't think you would find that so entertaining. Sad, with you being such a true Dolphin fan and all

Hard to believe with ALL of the colleges that have a football program.....and ALL of the QB's that want a job in the NFL... and ONLY 32 starter/backup (64 guys) to have a chance...that an NFL team is down to considering ONLY a handful of names to choose from....doesn't make sense ....shouldn't have to develop a QB for years or HAVE to rely on a 30+ year old guy to be a back up...only a few veteran QB's are worth an investment and roster spot as a back up

.if a QB has been in the league for 5 years or more and is still struggling to make a solid contribution to a team then I would be moving on from him...there is little chance he will be a starter...little chance he is grooming to be your starter...I wouldn't take up a roster spot and a big cap hit if the back up can't be counted on to take the reins when called upon (Strock, Morrall, Foles and the like) ...I would just as soon keep drafting a QB always looking for the guy to replace the guy at some point...

Half steps and treading water will keep you in mediocrity...Tannehill is our guy...and we STILL don't have a guy on the roster that can step in and win if needed...we STILL don't have a guy that can challenge a QB that mostly played WR in college... to me that is unacceptable....

If a guy has been on the team for years and is STILL incapable of filling in and making a solid contribution when needed then it's past time to move on...and you don't wait until you need him to figure that out...as a coach you need to KNOW during the pre-season if you have the right guy....will you ever really KNOW until you see him in action?...probably not but if your back up has been on the team for multiple seasons you SHOULD have a clue...should be no need to panic and shake the bushes for a 10 million dollar guy...

IMO

I get people wanting to draft a QB early if they don't like Tannehill as a starter for the next 5+ years, but I keep hearing about drafting a QB early in this draft as 2018 insurance against another Tannehill injury. That doesn't make sense to me. If Tanne goes down mid-season, are we really better off in 2018 with a rook than with a young vet that knows the offense?

I get people wanting to draft a QB early if they don't like Tannehill as a starter for the next 5+ years, but I keep hearing about drafting a QB early in this draft as 2018 insurance against another Tannehill injury. That doesn't make sense to me. If Tanne goes down mid-season, are we really better off in 2018 with a rook than with a young vet that knows the offense?
I'm pro-Tannehill, and considering that in 2016 he was the third most accurate percentage deep ball passer and had the 4th highest QBR in a clean pocket (factor in that our OL ranked 30th), a strong argument can be made to invest heavily in at least an average and durable OL and let Tannehill return the favor in dividends.

However, as confident as I am that he would, I am not confident in his knee holding up, or in his mobility to make things happen, despite the fact that he's become adroit at reading defenses. For that reason, I'd love to see us trade up for Baker Mayfield and then let him marinade like Rodgers did if Tannehill stays healthy, or withstand baptism by fire if he doesn't. In either scenario, IMO we'd have the best of both worlds.

Draft a qb in the first round. We do not even know if tannehill can suit up this year.

I think you're 100% correct in the sense that if Tannehill goes down, no rookie is going to come in and save the team in this complex offense. It will be a difficult learning curve, especially if it's fan favorite Baker Mayfield, who comes from a spread offense. With that said, if Tannehill does go down again, you don't want a rookie there as insurance, you want a rookie there to get game reps.

I'm OK with drafting a quarterback high if it's the right player and he falls to us. I don't agree with trade up scenarios AT ALL. If this team is going to trade up, I want Minkah Fitzpatrick or Derwin James, or someone who is ready to step in and be an impact defensive playmaker from day one. I think we've seen recently that when it comes to NFL draft talent evaluation, it's defensive backs who are most likely to be properly evaluated and most likely to come in and play well right away. Go get a winner.

Gratuitous bump. For anyone who missed this over the weekend it's an opportunity to align with the nearly 75% who are uninformed know-nothings, the nearly 7% of self-professed experts who essentially believe that...or the existing approximate 20% who I guess aren't quite as dumb enough to believe in Tannehill but not smart enough label him a failure.

Either way, the polls are still open.

I believe in Tannehill but more than that, I believe in our offensive scheme and I think one out of Tannehill, Fales and a 6th-7th rd pick would be viable to hold the fort until 2020 when a rookie QB could arrive into a better situation with two more off seasons of team and staff building.

I also would like to keep Gase and Grier going forward. I don't hate Tannenbaum as much as others. I just think he's not necessary. A Dawn Aponte type accountant with no say on player selection but contract structuring would do.

A mere bean counter.

I wouldn't mind getting to a point where the supporting cast vastly outperforms Tannehill and THEN getting a QB. Kinda like Bortles and the Jags.

I believe if you draft a competent QB we will get to see what RT is made of. That kid is capable of top 5 production.
I believe if you draft or get him some guys on the o line you will see what RT is capable of

I am concerned about thill17.he have not done any thing in NFL to be starter without competition.. this year 7. He should start this yr. Just like Smith from KC. To me we have avg team. 6 to 8 win team. Fighting for second,third and last place in afc east. The pace we going. We will be looking for our next coach by 2020.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom