Poll: FH Tannehill Level of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: FH Tannehill Level of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications)

Poll: FH Tannehill Level Of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications)

• Confident in Tannehill - let's draft solely for need

• Confident in Tannehill - but should draft a later-round developmental QB

• Believe in Tannehill -but not confident in complete recovery- draft a top tier QB in case

• On The Fence - Want him to succeed but prudent to draft a potential replacement to compete

• No Confidence in Tannehill - Draft a top tier QB to replace him

• No Confidence in Tannehill - Sign Both a Free Agent QB to replace him & Draft a QB In Waiting

• Other - please specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am concerned about thill17.he have not done any thing in NFL to be starter without competition.. this year 7. He should start this yr the bottom line he need someone to push him to next level or replace him. Just like Smith from KC. To me we have avg team. 6 to 8 win team. Fighting for second,third and last place in afc east. The pace we going. We will be looking for our next coach by 2020.

6 wins with Cutler, a league leader in penalties, better? coaches next year, rookies now experienced (fewer missed assignments) and you project 6-8?

We better get insurance in case Ryan's knee gets re injured. I expect Tannehill to come back strong but either way we need to draft a QB, the question is when. If your guy is there at 11, go get him, otherwise find the best day 2 QB available.

Yes or they show me o
6 wins with Cutler, a league leader in penalties, better? coaches next year, rookies now experienced (fewer missed assignments) and you project 6-8?
Yes or else they show me different. I could be wrong. They need better front office, coaching and playing smart

Last edited:
Tannehill is a mid-average qb in the league. That by itself isnt bad because thats better than nearly all the people in the world playing quarterback,

The problem is, it isn't enough. While a team *can* win or go to the Superbowl with an average qb, it usually takes a great number of other things falling perfectly into place for it to happen. And even then it doesn't repeat. Its once in a lifetime kind of deal (unless you're Eli Manning).

You want to be in contention every year and Tannehill isn't good enough to get you there where you say "any team with him has a shot"

My advice, keep looking. Odds are stacked against you finding that guy but if you dont try, it'll never happen.

The skins have acknowledged that Cousins is nothing special, a good QB but nothing special. Many NFL fans would argue that Cousins is better than Tannehill. We have to at least draft a QB somewhere between rounds 3-5. Tannehill is good but like Cousins isn't good enough to consistently win. I know the majority of teams in championship games this weekend don't have star QBs but let's be honest wentz won enough before he got hurt for eagles to get by. Had he got hurt in week 8 or 9. I doubt they are playing this weekend. And everyone needs to understand that these defenses are much more difficult to build and be able to sustain that type of defense.

I'm confident of Tannehill, but I disagree with your poll options honestly. I do not think we need to draft another QB, but since we're probably moving on from Matt Moore this offseason (lack of confidence in him undermines him within the team), probably means we will.

But, your suggestion that we either draft a QB or we draft for need is where there is a bit of a disconnect. Next time, don't phrase it that way ... just say draft another QB or not. Because, we're in position this year to draft mostly Best Player Available ("BPA"), with the exception of OL and TE, where we need to draft people specifically.

I don't like the poll options because I think we need to draft a QB to back up Tannehill. That doesn't mean I feel iffy on him or think he won't comeback healthy. If he's healthy and ready, he's my guy. But if he gets hurt again we can't roll with Moore and Fales.

Zero confidence in him. He lacks the instincts. He still today lacks a true identity as a quarterback, and he’s not an assertive enough player on a consistent basis.

I want an alpha with hall of fame level ability at the most important position in the game. I don’t want just a guy.

Last edited:
On the Fence. Tannehill's first year with Gase was encouraging, but I don't think he can make the leap to a top tier QB. And these days it seems like without one, you're fighting an uphill battle no matter how good the rest of your team is. I hope I'm wrong, but I think it would be prudent to draft a QB on day 1 or 2.

Eagles, Vikings, Jaguars - two made the conf championship with backup QBs and one made it with a QB that should be a backup.

I always go with "C", which this time is: Believe in Tannehill -but not confident in complete recovery- draft a top tier QB in case. Did I pass? ;-)

Last edited:
Miami had that for 17 years. How'd it work out? Football is a TEAM game. Dolphins fans shouldn't be too dense to realize that.

Uhhhh it worked out just fine. Career record 155-103 as a starter. 11 post-season berths out of his 17 seasons, including a Super Bowl appearance. This all despite never truly having a complete team.

And most importantly, we were entertained (this is what pro sports are - entertainment), watching the individual brilliance of an all-time great every Sunday.

What do we get watching Tannehill? LOL

A hell of a lot better than anything since— and it’s not even close.

Marino had his most complete team early in his career (especially the defense with the hold over effect of Bill Arnsparger). The team went 7-2, 14-2, and 12-4 with one SB appearance with Marino at QB. After that, the defense went downhill and Marino led teams went 8-8, 7-5, 6-10, 8-8. A sub 0.500 record during the prime seasons of the greatest QB of all time. The rest of his career alternated between okay and sub-par season, with the GREATEST QB OF ALL TIME.

I simply cannot understand how a DOLPHINS FAN can fail to grasp such a simple point.

Uhhhh it worked out just fine. Career record 155-103 as a starter. 11 post-season berths out of his 17 seasons, including a Super Bowl appearance. This all despite never truly having a complete team.

And most importantly, we were entertained (this is what pro sports are - entertainment), watching the individual brilliance of an all-time great every Sunday.

What do we get watching Tannehill? LOL

Sure, if you're satisfied with never getting the ring. Go ahead and settle, I want my TEAM to be complete so that we can win the SB.

Back
Top Bottom