Poll: Jennings or Wallace | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Jennings or Wallace

Jennings or Wallace?

• Jennings

Votes: 123 56.7%
  • Wallace

Votes: 94 43.3%

• Total voters
for big money would rather have wallace , dont know how u give big money to a guy to a guy like Jennings who hasnt been at an elite level in 2 years

Well first they would have to hit Free Agency, but if money weren't a factor, I'd want Wallace.

That said, I think Jennings would be available for a bit less and would be nearly as effective as Wallace.

Jennings... Doesn't seem like Wallace has the IT factor... Just seems like another fast guy.

Jennings all day! He knows the offense and he has a great relationship with our coach. HELL, he was coached by our coach. Wallace is a great talent, just to many question marks. Jennings can walk in day one, and know all the lingo in the offensive play calls and might even help coach Tannehill in the process.

Wallace has game breaking skill. Period. No one can cover him one on one downfield. Zero.

Put Wallace in the line up and instantly the D must loosen somewhere else.

Wallace. First.

Jennings... er, ok. With the most accurate and highest rated QB throwing to him... he complains??? Get real. He's a good WR but he's not a one-man game-breaker. AND he can be covered one on one downfield -- at least much more easily than Wallace.

LD

Last edited by a moderator:
Both. Although Wallace would help the offense more just by spreading things out a bit and making defenses respect the deep ball.

The other day the percentage was in favor of Wallace by near 10%, seeing how it has drastically improved tells me people are finally coming to their senses...that quote from Wallace about having "big plans" for his free agency period has me thinking he will demand top tier money and that is out of the question...he is no where near an all purpose WR.

The other day the percentage was in favor of Wallace by near 10%, seeing how it has drastically improved tells me people are finally coming to their senses...that quote from Wallace about having "big plans" for his free agency period has me thinking he will demand top tier money and that is out of the question...he is no where near an all purpose WR.
+

Actually the numbers for Wallace say different than your statement,"he is no where near an all purpose WR"

Since Mike Wallace entered the NFL in 2009 more than 320 wide receivers have played in the league. Only nine of them have recorded more receiving yards than Wallace over that stretch

Only two have scored more touchdowns, and only three have averaged more yards per catch.

Only 20 wide receivers in NFL history have had more yards in the first four years of their career.

He’s led the Steelers in touchdowns (or at least shared that lead) every year he’s been on the team, including this past season.

Wallace has only missed 1 game in 4 years and is only 26 years old

Reposted from the "Sports Science" thread:

Both Wallace and Jennings are touchdown makers, just in different ways. Wallace destroys angles and makes huge plays, while Jennings with his elite quickness and route running is better in the red zone, imo. It just sort of depends on what you want and/or need. We have so many holes on the offense the smarter choice may be to go with Jennings and use the extra cash to try and get another guy who can score touchdowns (like Jermichael Finley, who after his down year is going to be relatively cheap, compared to his astronomical talent). When I look at this offense that's the glaring need right now. Guys who score. Bess doesn't do it, Hartline doesn't, Fasano is mediocre at it, Clay underachieves, Egnew is a mystery, Thomas doesn't. Miller is a poor man's Felix Jones (yes, a poor man's).

Bush scores. And Tannehill scores. Those are the two guys we have. And it's no coincidence those are the two most physically talented guys on the offense, which goes back to an axiom of the NFL today: skill moves the ball between the 20s. But talent scores. We underachieve in the red zone because of talent.

In a perfect world I'd rather have Wallace. He's the better choice if you're looking down the road and have a plan to create an elite offense. But right now Jennings is the better choice to me because he allows you to fix more things quickly. I go back and forth on it but that's where I would stand if somebody burst in and told me I had just been named Dolphins GM.

Should be interesting to see where the rumors come down on the contract discussions for these two. That should clarify the puzzle pieces on the board a bit.

Reposted from the "Sports Science" thread:

Both Wallace and Jennings are touchdown makers, just in different ways. Wallace destroys angles and makes huge plays, while Jennings with his elite quickness and route running is better in the red zone, imo. It just sort of depends on what you want and/or need. We have so many holes on the offense the smarter choice may be to go with Jennings and use the extra cash to try and get another guy who can score touchdowns (like Jermichael Finley, who after his down year is going to be relatively cheap, compared to his astronomical talent). When I look at this offense that's the glaring need right now. Guys who score. Bess doesn't do it, Hartline doesn't, Fasano is mediocre at it, Clay underachieves, Egnew is a mystery, Thomas doesn't. Miller is a poor man's Felix Jones (yes, a poor man's).

Bush scores. And Tannehill scores. Those are the two guys we have. And it's no coincidence those are the two most physically talented guys on the offense, which goes back to an axiom of the NFL today: skill moves the ball between the 20s. But talent scores. We underachieve in the red zone because of talent.

In a perfect world I'd rather have Wallace. He's the better choice if you're looking down the road and have a plan to create an elite offense. But right now Jennings is the better choice to me because he allows you to fix more things quickly. I go back and forth on it but that's where I would stand if somebody burst in and told me I had just been named Dolphins GM.

Should be interesting to see where the rumors come down on the contract discussions for these two. That should clarify the puzzle pieces on the board a bit.

Spoken like a true football player with above average football acumen. Good post. Thanks!

LD

Back
Top Bottom