Poll: Jennings or Wallace | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Jennings or Wallace

Jennings or Wallace?

• Jennings

Votes: 123 56.7%
  • Wallace

Votes: 94 43.3%

• Total voters
I'd go after both, bigtime. But WALLACE is the better choice for MIAMI. The WHOLE STINKIN' LEAGUE knows that we have no true deep threat--no "burner". HARTLINE is as fast as we have, and he's a lot better than some of the dimmer bulbs on many sites give him credit for. But he is no true "burner"--he's "sneaky fast" at best. Both he and BESS would GREATLY benefit from WALLACE's presence. So would our running game. As things stand presently, opponents are crowding the l/o/s, knowing that MIAMI can't punish them for it. Have any of you noticed that our rushing attack has been getting less and less threatening? Well, IT HAS, and there's a simple reason for it. It's called "8-In-The-Box".

So, I'd go after WALLACE first, and JENNINGS closely thereafter. I could then live w/a legit CB and an athletic G, and that's just about it for F/A. And MIAMI can do it! In fact, MIAMI probably could do more, such as a pass-rusher like AVRIL. MIAMI already has c. $47 Million in "cap" space, and e.g., just 2 cuts (MARSHALL and INCOGNITO), neither of whom is what MIAMI needs at their respective positions, net MIAMI c. $10 Million more. MIAMI could re-sign just about all of its own F/As except J LONG, and do some real "heavy lifting" in F/A. And THAT in turn leaves us w/a great # of Draft Picks, for the first time in a long time!

Why is there this sudden obsession for either of these guys?

Neither one is that great, but most importantly, neither one will make Tannehill any better.

We need several receivers and dominating offensive line players, to compliment Pouncey.

d-1

Neither one is that great, but most importantly, neither one will make Tannehill any better.

We need several receivers and dominating offensive line players, to compliment Pouncey.

d-1

Maybe we should make Pat Devlin our alpha reciever? Do you agree? Maybe you should start a thread about it halfway through our next game.

If both contract demands are equal? Wallace.

But...they won't be.

In my opinion, the monetary difference between signing Wallace and signing Jennings will be far greater than the disparity in production. I view them as 1 and 1A in this offense. Heck, the monetary difference would probably pay for the salary of our second-round picks.

+

Actually the numbers for Wallace say different than your statement,"he is no where near an all purpose WR"

Since Mike Wallace entered the NFL in 2009 more than 320 wide receivers have played in the league. Only nine of them have recorded more receiving yards than Wallace over that stretch

Only two have scored more touchdowns, and only three have averaged more yards per catch.

Only 20 wide receivers in NFL history have had more yards in the first four years of their career.

He’s led the Steelers in touchdowns (or at least shared that lead) every year he’s been on the team, including this past season.

Wallace has only missed 1 game in 4 years and is only 26 years old

He is the best DEEP THREAT in the NFL, which is why he has scored so many TDs. This does not mean he is an all purpose WR, he can do it all but not to an elite degree. He is without a doubt elite downfield, but it's known Jennings is the better overall receiver.

Jennings all day.

Wallace is younger, but he's starting to look like a frigging diva. Plus he'll eat up a helluva lot more of our cap than Jennings would for the (IMO) slight potential difference in production.

d-1

Huh? We need several so we shouldn't start by getting one?

The only WR I'd pay big money to is Bowe. He may be not truly elite but he's the closest out of the three to being a difference maker. He can be a possession guy if he needs to as well as a big endzone target. I like Jennings asa security blanket, but I wouldn't pay top dollar for a 30-yr old, 1,100-yrd, 6-7 TD WR, which is what he'll be in Mia with the lack of weapons around him. Wallace is the worst buy of the bunch. He'll demand top money and perform like a low-end #1 WR. Ya, he can have a few big 150-yd, TD games each season, but in between those are a lot of duds. I watched enough Pitt games to know that he can disappear for weeks at a time, even in a very pass friendly offense.

The only WR I'd pay big money to is Bowe. He may be not truly elite but he's the closest out of the three to being a difference maker. He can be a possession guy if he needs to as well as a big endzone target. I like Jennings asa security blanket, but I wouldn't pay top dollar for a 30-yr old, 1,100-yrd, 6-7 TD WR, which is what he'll be in Mia with the lack of weapons around him. Wallace is the worst buy of the bunch. He'll demand top money and perform like a low-end #1 WR. Ya, he can have a few big 150-yd, TD games each season, but in between those are a lot of duds. I watched enough Pitt games to know that he can disappear for weeks at a time, even in a very pass friendly offense.

A good "twitter" friend of mine thinks Wallace isn't worth the money he's gonna ask, I agree with him.

Jennings for sure. He knows the system, better attitude and IMO is a far better route runner than Wallace will ever be. Wallace wants Fitz money, the reality is he is a tall version of Desean Jackson.

For the Miami Dolphins I think Jennings is the best decision. He still has three or four good years left in him, he will be an invaluable resource for the young wideouts, he knows the system, and he has the right mentality. Despite his speed, Wallacec is not a route runner or elite hands catcher...Philbin won't be able to stand that. Jennings will be a Dolphin if he hits the open market. I'd love to see Wallace too, but that is very very unlikely.

Jennings, because Wallace just seems like too muh of a risk for the money. Jennings scares me too with injury issues but I would take my chances with him sincehe played with Philbin as well.

Very true.

Gosh Bowe does NOTHING for me! IMO he's a Brandon Marshall-Lite. In case your thinking Brandon Marshall would have put us over the edge my answer is NO he wouldn't. Hell what happened to Chicago this year should have told you that. We really really really need some people that can move on offense. I like Jennings, But his age is a big problem and I completely agree with you about Wallace, the few games I've seen he CAN'T be trusted to be a #1 WR and he drops a "shocking" amount of balls. He's way closer to Tedd Ginn than say a true Alpha #1 receiver.

The only way I could stomach Bowe is if we ABSOLUTELY took at least two studs in the draft that can move at the WR position, on of which being Steadman Bailey!

Back
Top Bottom