Pouncey making ROY push? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey making ROY push?

Fun fact: Andy Dalton has won games this year. Chad Henne has not. And i would imagine a 2-2 record compared to a 0-4 record does make people think.

it's almost like they're on two totally different teams or something

it's almost like they're on two totally different teams or something

Your right, one of those teams went 4-12, the other 7-9.

Not to mention one is working with a first time coordinator(at any level outside of Arena or UFL). Plus its a well known fact that Marvin Lewis is one of the best coaches in the history of the game, right?

And yet some of the more uninformed members of FH have referred to Pouncey as just a 'decent player' in their lame attempts to attack Jeff Ireland's procurement of talent.
Ireland may have made some mistakes, but Pouncey isn't one of them

Thank you. I, for one, was thrilled with the pick. We got a great player to fill a position of need.

Your right, one of those teams went 4-12, the other 7-9.

Not to mention one is working with a first time coordinator(at any level outside of Arena or UFL). Plus its a well known fact that Marvin Lewis is one of the best coaches in the history of the game, right?

Total Defense YPG
Miami: 30th
Cincinnati: 1st

uhh. i think there's a slight difference.

Total Defense YPG
Miami: 30th
Cincinnati: 1st

uhh. i think there's a slight difference.

Ah, so total yards per game is the problem. So we should have drafted a defensive player instead of Pouncey?

Got it.

People can keep coming up with reasons as to why Pouncey is some all-world pick that every other team in the draft was a fool for passing on. At the end of the day, its still the same: we aren't winning games. With the 15th overall pick we could have had just as talented a player at a position of more value. I said it then and i have yet to see anything to change my opinion, we didnt get enough value for what we spent on that draft pick. That our team just didnt improve that much with that draft pick. And an 0-4 record seems prove that logic.
I suppose thats how this regime will be eulogized: Could have taken someone more valuable.

no doubt...we didn't get good value for that pick...interior oline in the top 20 is never good value...but it appears we got a good player at least

he keeps playin the way he's playin right now and money won't be much of an issue with jake...right now he's gulp average at left tackle

Actually if he keeps playing like he is right now we will have problems
The question is will money be an issue for Ross?

I got no problem with the Pouncey pick. He's a good player and there's nobody we could have picked in his stead who would have miraculously saved this abysmal defense.

That award belongs to Cam Newton who by the way I wanted the Fins to draft badly!!!!!!!

no doubt...we didn't get good value for that pick...interior oline in the top 20 is never good value...but it appears we got a good player at least

Again, when we fire this regime thats the best thing that we could say about them.

Heck, you summed them up perfectly in a sentence "never good value, but it appears we got a good player at least". Look at our drafts and apply that sentence, its damn apt.
And as we are seeing, just getting "good players" is not nearly good enough. We are in this mess because of that philosophy, because we are so ready and willing to settle for "good".

But everyone knows that Newton can't throw. He's a run-1st QB. He'll be lucky to break 200 yards in a game during his first 5 seasons in the NFL.

after the ronnie browns at #2, tedd ginns at #9, jason allens at #16, can you seriously knock a mid-first round pick that looks like he may have the potential to be a perennial pro-bowl quality starter? regardless of position? i'm not sure about the huge impact any of you expect out of a 15th overall pick, but teams (not just the dolphins) can also BLOW IT.

But everyone knows that Newton can't throw. He's a run-1st QB. He'll be lucky to break 200 yards in a game during his first 5 seasons in the NFL.
I cry every time I see him play. What could have been, what could have been.
Chubbs

Its great that we seem to have hit on both our 1st round oline picks with this regime. I refuse to view Long as anything other than a top 2-3 LT in this league. He would be sitting out on any team where the coach isnt desperatly playing guys to save his job.

What this really shows is how limited the upside of picking multiple lineman with such high picks can be for a rebuilding team. Those are the types of picks you make to solidify a team. You pick Long to protect your Tom Brady and you grab Pouncey to block for your Adrian Peterson (Not that the QB or RB has to be #1 in the league). Instead we are picking these guys to block for nobodies.

Just like in basketball, there is only one ball. Having guys that can make plays without the rock is vital, but you don't go try to build your team around a Dennis Rodman no matter how great he is at his job. First you get your Jordan, and then its your job to get guys that makes that guys job easier. Right now, we're trying to win by drafting a team full of Rodman's.

Football teams are no longer solely built from the line-of-scrimmage and out. Playmakers on both sides of the ball are what win games, but besides Vontae, we haven't used a 1st on anyone that could have become that type of guy.

We're still trying to win the LOS (and failing) while forgetting that there's this whole scoreboard thing thats pretty important too.

Back
Top Bottom