Pouncey making ROY push? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey making ROY push?

Ah, so total yards per game is the problem. So we should have drafted a defensive player instead of Pouncey?

Got it.

People can keep coming up with reasons as to why Pouncey is some all-world pick that every other team in the draft was a fool for passing on. At the end of the day, its still the same: we aren't winning games. With the 15th overall pick we could have had just as talented a player at a position of more value. I said it then and i have yet to see anything to change my opinion, we didnt get enough value for what we spent on that draft pick. That our team just didnt improve that much with that draft pick. And an 0-4 record seems prove that logic.
I suppose thats how this regime will be eulogized: Could have taken someone more valuable.

i'm enjoying this current meme of Finheaven posting of seriously blaming the team for actually drafting a potential perennial Pro Bowl player, one of the best in his league at his position.

we're staring deep into the abyss now.

Again, when we fire this regime thats the best thing that we could say about them.

Heck, you summed them up perfectly in a sentence "never good value, but it appears we got a good player at least". Look at our drafts and apply that sentence, its damn apt.
And as we are seeing, just getting "good players" is not nearly good enough. We are in this mess because of that philosophy, because we are so ready and willing to settle for "good".

absolutely...this regime has always gone the safe route imo in the draft with the top pick at least...and while jake long was the safe pick he was at least the most talented at his position and you can see where teams find value in a left tackle with the top pick given its a premium position and paid as such by the league...

but in 2010 trading down for odrick and misi when we had a talent like dez bryant staring us in the face screamed quantity over quality and not surprisingly its played out that way...and pouncey at #15 was a safe pick also this year...

but i also have to admit that i can only hold ireland responsible for the 2011 draft and thus far i think we've gotten good value from the 4 early picks we made and ireland must be at least given some love for that...but his existing nfl personnel evals and add ons to this roster this offseason at least when i know it was him pulling all the strings have been horrid...

Cam Newton has OROY locked up.

Looks that way, but there is a lot of things that could happen between now and the end of the season.....If it ended now, Newtin would be 1st by quite a bit, and Miami would have 2 reps in the top 5 vote for OROY.

and people talking about where's the difference makers on this roster...for the most part you have to draft those guys cause most the time those kind of guys never even reach free agency they get locked up in their primes...and miami continuously preferring quantity over quality is how you end up with an average or deluted roster...

screw quantity...give me ****ing quality difference making talents...all day every day...the trade down stuff constantly is for suckers and how the really good teams continuously by trading up or just waiting for it to fall in their laps always end up with the difference making talent in the draft

prove it.

it depends on what kind of talent is staring you in the face when you trade down...but i guess to me cause i do my own draft eligible evaluations and hit on so many of them its hard for some people who don't put in the time or effort or maybe have quite the same eye for it that i do or feel i do to understand where i'm coming from...and i don't mind putting my own evaluations and educated opinion out there for others to criticize if i'm wrong...

but if you're asking me to provide a spreadsheet or data that so many here can't live without cause they're not individual thinkers and i guess can't see the game with their own eyeballs i don't have that...nor will i provide that...i don't deal in spreadsheets and bs data...i deal in what my eyes tell me

Next offseason is huge to find two more O-linemen to add to this line. With Long and Pouncey, there are some lynchpins in place for a while. Hitting on another interior guy in the mid rounds will be huge. I would swing for the fences and snag a FA Right Tackle in FA.
Sounds like a plan to protect Luck!

0.0% A lineman has never won it and a C nonetheless. I'm happy Pouncey is doing well, but what an absurd thread. Over Cam, Green, Jones, Dalton...? Psh. Hell, DT has a better chance and he barely plays.

Why do you keep saying that. We never had a chance in hell at Newton.
Keep telling yourself that, if that helps you sleep at night. Beleive me the #1 pick was available to anyone who wanted it. People also said there was no way Atlanta would be able to land Jones.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom