Quinn & Russell vs. Top Defenses | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quinn & Russell vs. Top Defenses

Push it nothing, check out Boomer's post.

Just because I like proving a point, I looked at the linebackers.

Quinn's forty time was quicker than Jon Abbate, Rufus Alexander, Jon Beason, Desmond Bishop, Stewart Bradley, Prescott Burgess, Quinton Culberson, Buster Davis, Earl Everett, KaMichael Hall, Nate Harris, Zach Latimer, Marvin Mitchell, Michael Okwo, Sam Olajabutu, Blair Phillips, Dallas Saztz, Tim Shaw, Kelvin Smith, Tony Taylor and Justin Warren.

His short shuttle was quicker than Jon Abbate, Rufus Alexander, Antwan Barnes, Jon Beason, Quincy Black, Prescott Burgess, Buster Davis, KaMichael Hall, Nate Harris, David Harris, Zach Latimer, Marvin Mitchell, Stephen Nicholas, Chad Nkang, Michael Okwo, Sam Olajubutu, Blair Phillips, Juwan Simpson, Kelvin Smith, Tony Taylor, Lawrence Timmons and Patrick Willis.

Lets look at that all important differential, the gap between the forty time and the short shuttle. I haven't the willpower to do everyone, so lets look at the higher rated LB's, those top two rounders. Quinn's differential was .51. The general rule of thumb when you compare the 40-yard dash times (speed) to the 20-yard short shuttle (quickness) is to subtract .5 seconds from the 40 time to arrive at the right short-shuttle time. For example, if a player ran 5.0 in the 40-yard test, you would hope to see 4.5 in his short shuttle to measure his quickness as it relates to his speed. .5 and above is very good. If a player ran 5.0 in the 40 and had a 4.3 short shuttle, then he was .7 better and I knew he was more quick than fast, but also that he was superhuman. But you catch my drift. If a player ran a 4.5 in the 40 and also ran a 4.5 short shuttle, you're looking at a track guy with straight line speed and not a lot else.

OK. First number is forty, 2nd is short shuttle, third is differential. And remember, Brady's was .51
Lawrence Timmons: 4.70/4.32/.38
Paul Posluszny: 4.70/4.20/.50
Patrick Willis: 4.56/4.46/.10
Jon Beason: 4.78/4.33/.45
Stewart Bradley: 4.77/4.31/.46
Buster Davis: 4.77/4.37/.40
David Harris: 4.62/4.30/.32

And lets check a workout warrior's numbers, step up Quincy Black: 4.45/4.34/.11

Quinn's 3 cone drill puts him ahead of Jon Abbate, Rufus Alexander, Antwan Barnes, Quincy Black, Stewart Bradley, Prescott Burgess, Buster Davis, Zac DeOssie, KaMichael Hall, Nate and David Harris, Zach Latimer, Marvin Mitchell, Stephen Nicholas, Chad Nkang, Michael Okwo, Sam Olajubutu, Blair Phillips, Paul Posluszny, Dallas Sartz, Tim Shaw, Brandon Siler, Juwan Simpson, Tony Taylor, Lawrence Timmons and Pat Willis. In fact every LB that worked out at Indy apart from Justin Durant.

His vertical was better than Rufus Alexander, Antwan Barnes, Stewart Bradley, Prescott Burgess, Quentin Culberson, Buster Davis, Zac DeOssie, Justin Durant, Earl Everett, KaMichael Hall, Nate and David Harris, Zach Latimer, Marvin Mitchell, Stephen Nicholas, Michael Okwo, Sam Olajubutu, Blair Phillips, Dallas Sartz, Brandon Siler, Juwan Simpson, Kelvin Smith, Tony Taylor, Timmons and Justin Warren.

His broad jump is better than Beason, Bradley, Burgess, Culberson, Buster Davis, Everett, KaMichael Hall, Nate and David Harris, Latimer, Mitchell, Nicholas, Phills, Sartz, Siler, Kelvin Smith and Tony Taylor.

Oh and his 24 reps at 220 were better than Beason, HB Blades, Burgess, Culberson, Everett, David Harris, Johnson, Latimer, Mitchell, Nkang, Okwo, Phillips, Poz, Sartz, Juwan Simpson, Justin Warren and Pat Willis.

So to recap, again, there are multiple names appearing again and again. Quinn is, by the NFL's official parameters for athleticism, more athletic than Jon Abbate, Rufus Alexander, Jon Beason, Stewart Bradley, Prescott Burgess, Quentin Culberson, Buster Davis, KaMichael Hall, Nate Harris, Zach Latimer, Marvin Mitchell, Stephen Nicholas, Earl Everett, Sam Olajubutu, Blair Phillips, Kelvin Smith, Tony Taylor, etc.

Really nice post, CK. And the rest of the thread has been great too. I don't get much chance to watch college ball with the two little ones running around (I save my football time for Sundays), and Finheaven is the best info I get on most of the college players. My real time viewing of Quinn was only part of two games, of course his two worst, so I had a bit of a low opinion of him. Now I am hoping he comes here...

Well I finally read through all of this thread. And I must say this site is sounding more and more like the Miami Hearld forum, where fighting and bickering dominate all all the threads. This used to be a great place now it's the Israeli border... A place where enemy combantants take pot shots at one another.

You know MR VIP vs Mr nobody.
You know Mr Ego vs Mr other Ego.

Etc ad nausem...

When you couple that with over zealous web monitors... Well.

I am starting to get the idea that another forum might be a good idea.

Well I finally read through all of this thread. And I must say this site is sounding more and more like the Miami Hearld forum, where fighting and bickering dominate all all the threads. This used to be a great place now it's the Israeli border... A place where enemy combantants take pot shots at one another.

You know MR VIP vs Mr nobody.
You know Mr Ego vs Mr other Ego.

Etc ad nausem...

I am starting to get the idea that another forum might be a good idea.

I for one am to blame for that and I apologise if you feel that way.

I will restrict any badinage between myself and phinphanforever to personal messaging.

I will restrict any badinage between myself and phinphanforever to personal messaging.

Come on Boomer...I was just starting to miss the VIP room....:lol:

Sure, but let me ask you a question why not just let it go. is it worth it? Consider what it will do to you personally, physically and emotionally?

Pro 17:14 The beginning of strife [is as] when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with.

Pro 20:3 [It is] an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.

Last one:
Pro 26:17 He that passeth by, [and] meddleth with strife [belonging] not to him, [is like] one that taketh a dog by the ears.

Sure, but let me ask you a question why not just let it go. is it worth it? Consider what it will do to you personally, physically and emotionally?

Pro 17:14 The beginning of strife [is as] when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with.

Pro 20:3 [It is] an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.

Last one:
Pro 26:17 He that passeth by, [and] meddleth with strife [belonging] not to him, [is like] one that taketh a dog by the ears.

OK, before we go any further, I'm not a religious person, but thanks for the quotes.

Why? I'm stubborn and when someone tries to discredit you, you try and set the record straight.

That's just me.

are either of you (Boomer and CK) confident that Quinn will fall to us? or are you expecting a trade up?

Quinn vs. "The Elite"
86 of 154, 943 yards, 8 TDs, 5 INTs :: 77.9 QB Rating, 25.0 Points Per Game

Russell vs. "The Elite"
44 of 76, 497 yards, 1 TDs, 3 INTs :: 65.5 QB Rating, 6.5 Points Per Game

Of course I know I'm going to hear the same old stuff over and over again. Stats be damned, stats be damned. Burn the books, break the glasses.

Whatever...

Yikes! They both suck. I couldn't help but notice that the statistical sample is not even close to equal...that would certainly skew the margin of error.

Still, the bottom line is that both under-perform in your statistical sample. Quinn with his 55.8% completion percentage & Russell w/ his 57.8% completion percentage doth suck in this sample.

LOL. I already said I made a mistake and apologised. You then tried a little one-upmanship.

You were corrected. It's no biggie.

haha...whatever you need to do to make yourself feel right for once. The more I read you, the more I think you watch almost no college football (except after the season is over).

Hmmm. 30% he falls, 60% we move up.

If he falls to us awsome, if not then trading up I will be happy with. If that does in fact happen, then I like the fact that we will be taking the initiative for once. Grab who we want.

God stuff CK and thank u because it is important to look at everything possible if your in a position to take one.

Bottom line to me: There both good and both have some similar and some different types of talent.

Just like last year with Leinert, Young and Cutler. I thought they were all good in their own rights with Young just being a different style of QB who could do multiple things that win big ballgames.

haha...whatever you need to do to make yourself feel right for once. The more I read you, the more I think you watch almost no college football (except after the season is over).

Dude, you're the one that made the mistake.

Don't cry about it.

Oh and yes. I've been making stuff up for years. It's like pin the tail on the donkey.

Dude, you're the one that made the mistake.

Don't cry about it.

Oh and yes. I've been making stuff up for years. It's like pin the tail on the donkey.

I didn't make a mistake...I know when Tennessee was awful, and I know how they played this season as well.

You on the other hand, are grasping for straws...and it's pathetic. If you didn't have all that finheaven stuff around your name, I'd swear you're a new poster who can't argue to save his life.

What 'stuff' have you been making up? You crunch numbers and say we're looking at players A-Z. Well thanks, that makes you the secretary of any random NFL scout.

Back
Top Bottom