Ramses Barden | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramses Barden

his upside is that of a #3 wr...and that's being kind...his production pretty much relies on coverage...as in if you are giving him something...he's not a win wr in the slightest...doesn't do anything on his own to get off coverage...

sound familiar??? it's pretty much the existing miami dolphins wr core...you want to upgrade or screw around with more marginal nfl talents??? go ahead...but like usual don't say i didn't warn ya

his upside is that of a #3 wr...and that's being kind...his production pretty much relies on coverage...as in if you are giving him something...he's not a win wr in the slightest...doesn't do anything on his own to get off coverage...

sound familiar??? it's pretty much the existing miami dolphins wr core...you want to upgrade or screw around with more marginal nfl talents??? go ahead...but like usual don't say i didn't warn ya

Last year we took to camp at wide receiver:
-B.J. Cunningham
-Jeff Fuller
-Clyde Gates
-Chris Hogan
-Rishard Matthews
-Marlon Moore
-Legedu Naanee
-Julius Pruitt
-Roberto Wallace

How can sit there and say signing Barden cheap isn't even worth considering? It's a 90-man roster and Barden has upside. Thank god we don't have the downers on this forum running the team or we'd go to camp with 45 guys because we'd be trying to squeeze every top flight free agent under our cap.

-B.J. Cunningham
-Jeff Fuller
-Clyde Gates
-Chris Hogan
-Rishard Matthews
-Marlon Moore
-Legedu Naanee
-Julius Pruitt
-Roberto Wallace

How can sit there and say signing Barden cheap isn't even worth considering? It's a 90-man roster and Barden has upside. Thank god we don't have the downers on this forum running the team or we'd go to camp with 45 guys because we'd be trying to squeeze every top flight free agent under our cap.

And? We have the worst WR corp in the NFL. Showing the trash we brought in last year doesn't mean we have to bring in more trash to "compete"

And? We have the worst WR corp in the NFL. Showing the trash we brought in last year doesn't mean we have to bring in more trash to "compete"

Barden has more upside than any guy on that list. I'm pretty sure that it has happened before that a guy has surprised in camp and had his NFL career "click" at a later point. I'm not saying Barden will be Brandon Marshall or that he'd even make the team, but to be 100% against bringing him in is illogical.

-B.J. Cunningham
-Jeff Fuller
-Clyde Gates
-Chris Hogan
-Rishard Matthews
-Marlon Moore
-Legedu Naanee
-Julius Pruitt
-Roberto Wallace

if we had this "downer" running things we wouldn't be in this predicament in the first place...i promise you that much...

it's funny you mention roberto wallace cause that's pretty much exactly what ramses barden is in the pros...a guy going nowhere and probably gonna be out of the league like wallace shortly

if we had this "downer" running things we wouldn't be in this predicament in the first place...i promise you that much...

it's funny you mention roberto wallace cause that's pretty much exactly what ramses barden is in the pros...a guy going nowhere and probably gonna be out of the league like wallace shortly

Not really defending Wallace, but it's very difficult for a guy in his position to keep his career going when he's no longer eligible for the practice squad. Tough rule.

Barden has more upside than any guy on that list. I'm pretty sure that it has happened before that a guy has surprised in camp and had his NFL career "click" at a later point. I'm not saying Barden will be Brandon Marshall or that he'd even make the team, but to be 100% against bringing him in is illogical.

I'd say Matthews has way more upside in the NFL than Barden.

by the way rishard matthews has got a whole lot more going for him than ramses barden pro upside and talent wise...and it's not close...

Do let me know when Rishard Matthews has a game like Barden's game vs Carolina. It could be a while, especially if Matthews doesn't play/can't get on the field in 2013, like I suspect.

Not really defending Wallace, but it's very difficult for a guy in his position to keep his career going when he's no longer eligible for the practice squad. Tough rule.

it's the pros...young kids are coming in every year and talented ones at that...the rule is fair...you can only sit on crap so long...and we sat on wallace plenty...he showed this camp that he couldn't get off coverage and separate...all his production was against zone and soft looks...

he should have been cut...watching that preseason wr tape was like a root canal...no one could get off coverage...of the pups they kept the one that they should have...

Do let me know when Rishard Matthews has a game like Barden's game vs Carolina. It could be a while, especially if Matthews doesn't play/can't get on the field in 2013, like I suspect.

you let me know when barden runs down the seam against press man and gets the upper hand and makes a touch catch in traffic...cause matthews did that multiple times and showed real toughness to hang onto the ball despite taking huge licks...

and stop with the carolina game stuff...most of that was coverage dictated production...you gotta learn the difference

it's the pros...young kids are coming in every year and talented ones at that...the rule is fair...you can only sit on crap so long...and we sat on wallace plenty...he showed this camp that he couldn't get off coverage and separate...all his production was against zone and soft looks...

he should have been cut...watching that preseason wr tape was like a root canal...no one could get off coverage...of the pups they kept the one that they should have...

Oh I agree, Wallace was horrible and earned his cut. His only value is on special teams. I was just making the point that he wouldn't have been "out of the league" this year if he wasn't ineligible for the practice squad due to games played.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

you let me know when barden runs down the seam against press man and gets the upper hand and makes a touch catch in traffic...cause matthews did that multiple times and showed real toughness to hang onto the ball despite taking huge licks...

and stop with the carolina game stuff...most of that was coverage dictated production...you gotta learn the difference

The Dolphins only had one game all year that really came close to that, and it was Hartline against Arizona.

People are way too high on Matthews just like they were too high on Moore and Wallace a few years ago. And Chris Williams. And then Chris Hogan. If the Dolphins do their job in the offseason, Matthews is a fifth receiver or off the team entirely.

Oh I agree, Wallace was horrible and earned his cut. His only value is on special teams. I was just making the point that he wouldn't have been "out of the league" this year if he wasn't ineligible for the practice squad due to games played.

ok so you would have wanted to waste a practice squad spot on a guy that couldn't help you down the road on the 53 at wr over possible specials contributions down the line???yeah no thanks...i'll keep someone else with possible position play upside over any of that

ok so you would have wanted to waste a practice squad spot on a guy that couldn't help you down the road on the 53 at wr over possible specials contributions down the line???yeah no thanks...i'll keep someone else with possible position play upside over any of that

Oh. My. God. No. Can you stop reading into everything I'm saying? It's a simple NFL commentary. Just saying, it's hard for guys to continue NFL careers when they are PS ineligible. Happened to Wallace, Ed Miles, Courtney Bryan, etc. Not making any comments about Wallace's ability. Jesus christ.

mathews is the only wr with any real upside on the roster...he's got more upside than hartline and bess for dang sure...you're killng me...ramses barden lmao

Back
Top Bottom