Reality Check JETS fans.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality Check JETS fans....

Brian Schottenheimer might be the worst OC in the league. At least with the Dolphins, Henning has had success before. Schotty has had no success.

Schottenheimer is a good OC, he's just the scapegoat w/ the O struggling. Just like Henning was the scapegoat for Miami.

Most Jets fans blame Schotty for the offense. The dropped passes that stall drives is not on Schotty. The missed assignments on OL is not on Schotty. The injuries to the OL is not on Schotty. People blamed Schotty for not calling quick passes, screens and small yardage passes that often. He has done that this year and people blame him for not taking shots deep. Either way he gets dumped on. What Jets fans do need to realize is that Jets offense is mediocre at best. Its their D that makes the unit an above average team. A lot of the money is invested in to the D. Roughly $50 mils are for the two corners and the top three LBs. On the offense, Jets have contracts averaging about $36mil for the two WRs, QB, LT and C.

Most Jets fans blame Schotty for the offense. The dropped passes that stall drives is not on Schotty. The missed assignments on OL is not on Schotty. The injuries to the OL is not on Schotty. People blamed Schotty for not calling quick passes, screens and small yardage passes that often. He has done that this year and people blame him for not taking shots deep. Either way he gets dumped on. What Jets fans do need to realize is that Jets offense is mediocre at best. Its their D that makes the unit an above average team. A lot of the money is invested in to the D. Roughly $50 mils are for the two corners and the top three LBs. On the offense, Jets have contracts averaging about $36mil for the two WRs, QB, LT and C.

Well, Jest fans and of course the trio of fellons you have playing WR. If those idiots keep stirring the pot, could get very interesting. You think Rex changes OC mid-season? Me neither, but there is serious cancer already amongst the three desperate vatos.

If(supposedly) Henning and a porous OL took the heat Henne should have gotten and now BabySchotty and a porous OL is taking the heat Sanchez deserved... it reverts back to what we've been saying all along:

Sanchez = Henne

Except Henne looked better than Sanchez this season.. so maybe I'm wr
ong :idk:

we scored 21 pts

-more than oak at Oak scored vs. NE a aweek ago
-Only 6 less than Buf at in OP vs. NE
-only 3 less than Miami(who scored garbage time pts)
-the same as SD.

At one point Miami and the Raiders had a lead against the Patriots. The Chargers actually tied the game at 7. The Bills obviously won the game against the Patriots. The Jets never had a lead and it was never tied with the exception of 0-0. The Jets played the Patriots the worst of all of their opponents this year. This is a Jets team that was specifically built to beat the Patriots. I understand your enthusiasm, but understand it doesn't come from facts, just heart.

At one point Miami and the Raiders had a lead against the Patriots. The Chargers actually tied the game at 7. The Bills obviously won the game against the Patriots. The Jets never had a lead and it was never tied with the exception of 0-0. The Jets played the Patriots the worst of all of their opponents this year. This is a Jets team that was specifically built to beat the Patriots. I understand your enthusiasm, but understand it doesn't come from facts, just heart.

We were down by 3 most of the 3rd qtr, we were down by 6 most of the 4th. Miami's lead was 7-0 in the 1st qtr, they were down 11 entering the 4th and never got closer than 11. oak led 10-7 in the 2nd, they were down 11 entering the 4th and never got closer.

The Chargers were tied early, lost by 14.

You do recall we lost 45-3 to the Pats last year, right? how did that rematch go? We can beat the pats but they can beat us 2. We have now played 6 times w/ Rex and alternated wins- we won the 1st then NE then us then NE then us then NE then us then NE. NO ONE expected the Jets to sweep the Pats coming into this year, I expected we'd lose 2 of the 3 on the road trip, we lost all 3 but going to oak in their first sellout in years was not an easy game. This Jet team is struggling right now but far from done.

We were down by 3 most of the 3rd qtr, we were down by 6 most of the 4th. Miami's lead was 7-0 in the 1st qtr, they were down 11 entering the 4th and never got closer than 11. oak led 10-7 in the 2nd, they were down 11 entering the 4th and never got closer.

You do recall we lost 45-3 to the Pats last year, right? how did that rematch go? We can beat the pats but they can beat us 2. We have now played 6 times w/ Rex and alternated wins- we won the 1st then NE then us then NE then us then NE then us then NE. NO ONE expected the Jets to sweep the Pats coming into this year, I expected we'd lose 2 of the 3 on the road trip, we lost all 3 but going to oak in their first sellout in years was not an easy game. This Jet team is struggling right now but far from done.
clear.gif
clear.gif

I just can't wait till the Dolphins roll into the Meadowlands on Monday night and we kick the crap out of them. It seems like every year all they do is talk about how we are not that good and we continue to make deep playoff runs while they continue to do nothing but spin their wheels.

How's the "Trifecta" looking for you guys btw?

And yet you guys never had a lead. Do you seem to understand what I am saying? YOU NEVER HAD THE LEAD! Every other team the Pats played either found a way to take the lead or at the very least, tie it up. The Jets couldn't even do that. Last year is last year. Guess what, last year, Kansas City won the AFCW, how relevant is that this season? If the Jets win more than 8 games, I'll be shocked.

And yet you guys never had a lead. Do you seem to understand what I am saying? YOU NEVER HAD THE LEAD! Every other team the Pats played either found a way to take the lead or at the very least, tie it up. The Jets couldn't even do that. Last year is last year. Guess what, last year, Kansas City won the AFCW, how relevant is that this season? If the Jets win more than 8 games, I'll be shocked.

So what? what does having a lead in the 1st qtr mean? we were in the games late, something some of those other teams were not.

We aren't KC, we didn't make the playoffs playing in a weak div w/ a weak sched and we weren't humiliated at home in the WC- teams like that didn't belong. We were a game away from the SB each of the last 2 years, there is a recent track record. It's way too early to give up on this team.

So what? what does having a lead in the 1st qtr mean? we were in the games late, something some of those other teams were not.

We aren't KC, we didn't make the playoffs playing in a weak div w/ a weak sched and we weren't humiliated at home in the WC- teams like that didn't belong. We were a game away from the SB each of the last 2 years, there is a recent track record. It's way too early to give up on this team.
so let me get this straight.

a kc team that finished 10-6 and won their division, and you can argue how they played in an easy division, but still i believe they lost 4 division games, so most their wins came out of their division. so anyways, they didnt belong, but a jet team in 2009 who was 7-7 entering the final 2 weeks of the season, a team in which their own head coach said they were done after the falcon game, gets to play 2 teams that were playing dead, and you can say whatever you want how we played dead teams in 08 etc,but the teams the jets were playing actually showed a dead team, not trying, etc, yet those jets belong in the playoffs?

Back
Top Bottom