Reality Check JETS fans.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality Check JETS fans....

Of course we would have been different.

We were competitive against Indy, Bal wasn't.

in 2009 the favorite heading into postseason in the AFC was SD, we beat them in SD in the div rd
in 2010 the favorite heading into the postseason in the AFC was NE, we beat them in NE in the div rd

They both lost by double digits. Who cares what the score was at the half.

I don't care how many bad teams SD beat in 09, but they were not nearly as good as the Ravens. NE is a division opponent and we all know how those games can go. It was good that the Jets beat a team that missed 3 FGs by 3 points, and that they beat a division opponent the next year, but they don't even get the chance to play those teams if they faced Bal in round 1.

They both lost by double digits. Who cares what the score was at the half.

I don't care how many bad teams SD beat in 09, but they were not nearly as good as the Ravens. NE is a division opponent and we all know how those games can go. It was good that the Jets beat a team that missed 3 FGs by 3 points, and that they beat a division opponent the next year, but they don't even get the chance to play those teams if they faced Bal in round 1.

Hadn't beat NE at NE since 2006, were 2-6 at NE against Brady heading into that game.

so now the excuse is SD msised 3 FGs(even though one was almost 60 yds away), so do we get credit for missing a makebale FG in the '09 title game?

Miami and KC were exposed as frauds, the Jets proved they belonged.

Hadn't beat NE at NE since 2006, were 2-6 at NE against Brady heading into that game.

so now the excuse is SD msised 3 FGs(even though one was almost 60 yds away), so do we get credit for missing a makebale FG in the '09 title game?

this comment makes no sense. did miami and kc record indicate that they were playing a bit above the actual talent they had? maybe.

however, to say those teams didnt belong is ridiculious. both of those teams finished with double digit wins, something the 09 jets didn't do, despite playing 2 teams at the end of the year that treated the games like they were the 4th preseason game.

by your theory, since a team that loses in the 1st round, especially by not really playing competitive, i guess the the 09 pats didn't deserve to make the playoffs because they followed it up with a beating at the hands of the ravens at home, and the 14-2 pats maybe didn't deserve to make the playoffs either because they looked like crap vs the jets. this is your theory.

this comment makes no sense. did miami and kc record indicate that they were playing a bit above the actual talent they had? maybe.

however, to say those teams didnt belong is ridiculious. both of those teams finished with double digit wins, something the 09 jets didn't do, despite playing 2 teams at the end of the year that treated the games like they were the 4th preseason game.

by your theory, since a team that loses in the 1st round, especially by not really playing competitive, i guess the the 09 pats didn't deserve to make the playoffs because they followed it up with a beating at the hands of the ravens at home, and the 14-2 pats maybe didn't deserve to make the playoffs either because they looked like crap vs the jets. this is your theory.

The '09 & '10 Pats didn't play creampuff scheds like the '08 phins and '10 Chiefs.

Both earned their spots in the playoffs thanks in alrge part to that creampuff sched and once they played a true playoff team they got smashed.

The '09 & '10 Pats didn't play creampuff scheds like the '08 phins and '10 Chiefs.

Both earned their spots in the playoffs thanks in alrge part to that creampuff sched and once they played a true playoff team they got smashed.
ok your right, the 2009 jets 100% earned their way into the playoffs, despite playing 2 teams who resembled teams that show up during the 4th preseason game, had no desire to even play the game, nothing to prove, etc, and yet with that only won 9 games the whole year. couldnt even win double digits.

as for the fins and chiefs, they both won double digits, and while they may have had some easy games, at least those teams were playing 1st string guys ''TRYING'' to win. i know your going to say they were dead, but on teams like that, those players still give it their all because they are playing for new contracts, they need to prove themselves, as opposed to the ''DEAD'' teams the jets played who were already in the playoffs, had already had a successful regular season, and nothing to prove until jan.

to say you proved your worth in the playoffs because you won once you got there? well then i suppose the seahawks deserved the playoffs last year, because once they got in, they destroyed the saints. so the 7-9 seahawks by your theory proved their spot.

ok your right, the 2009 jets 100% earned their way into the playoffs, despite playing 2 teams who resembled teams that show up during the 4th preseason game, had no desire to even play the game, nothing to prove, etc, and yet with that only won 9 games the whole year. couldnt even win double digits.

as for the fins and chiefs, they both won double digits, and while they may have had some easy games, at least those teams were playing 1st string guys ''TRYING'' to win. i know your going to say they were dead, but on teams like that, those players still give it their all because they are playing for new contracts, they need to prove themselves, as opposed to the ''DEAD'' teams the jets played who were already in the playoffs, had already had a successful regular season, and nothing to prove until jan.

to say you proved your worth in the playoffs because you won once you got there? well then i suppose the seahawks deserved the playoffs last year, because once they got in, they destroyed the saints. so the 7-9 seahawks by your theory proved their spot.

If you don't think the jets earned their way in then how could you think the dolphins did in '08 w/ an easier path to postseason? we got backups for a qtr and a half, an advantage yes but it's not like we were getting killed then they took out the starters and we took over. Vs. Cincy we played their starters for a half and led 27-0.

Miami played 5-6 dead teams to end the 2008 season, their path was MUCH easier than ours. We got a break for a qtr and a half, Miami had a break for half a season.

The seahawks didn't destroy the Saints and they got the benefit of playing at home then got annihilated a week later in the div rd.

If you don't think the jets earned their way in then how could you think the dolphins did in '08 w/ an easier path to postseason? we got backups for a qtr and a half, an advantage yes but it's not like we were getting killed then they took out the starters and we took over. Vs. Cincy we played their starters for a half and led 27-0.

Miami played 5-6 dead teams to end the 2008 season, their path was MUCH easier than ours. We got a break for a qtr and a half, Miami had a break for half a season.

The seahawks didn't destroy the Saints and they got the benefit of playing at home then got annihilated a week later in the div rd.
the seahawks pretty much had that game under control. the saints never really seemed that they were going to win.

We've been over that before. Missing FGs in a 3 point loss is a little different than missing one in a 13 point loss.

Frauds? Because they faced one of the best teams in the AFC in the first round? Again, the Jets would have lost just like KC and Mia did.

And got smashed in 09, and lost to a division rival in 10. Both 1 and done. They must have been frauds.

the seahawks pretty much had that game under control. the saints never really seemed that they were going to win.

It was a 4 pt game late until that ridiculous Marshawn Lynch TD run, they didn't have the game under control until that play which came w/ under 4 mins left.

We've been over that before. Missing FGs in a 3 point loss is a little different than missing one in a 13 point loss.

Frauds? Because they faced one of the best teams in the AFC in the first round? Again, the Jets would have lost just like KC and Mia did.

And got smashed in 09, and lost to a division rival in 10. Both 1 and done. They must have been frauds.

again, SD scored that TD b/c we were in prevent to make it 17-14, they couldn't do anything all day and wouldn't have if they had made 2 of those FGs b/c we would have been playing a different defense.

Feeley missed 2 kicks, just making one we are up 20-6 instead of 17-6, his 2nd miss would have put us up 20-13 and given us a TD lead. Why are the SD misses bigger?

NE proved it by beating quality teams in the reg season unlike Mia '08 and KC '10.

the jets proved ****.

i don't care that they won 2 games in the playoffs, any NFL team if given the chance can string together a few wins in a row. they beat a pretty average at best Bengal team, and they beat a good charger team, then got it handed to them by the colts.

saying they deserved it because they won 2 games in the playoffs is retarded. hey, lets put the dolphins in the playoffs this year regardless of record, maybe they can win a game or two in the playoffs, does that mean they would deserve it?

Wow, I totally missed the Dolphins winning two straight playoff games each of the last 27 years. Jets did get their revenge on Manning the following year, but we didn't belong there. We also beat Patriots the next week, but it was just the fluke that carried on from beating the Colts. Its also a coincidence that the Jets beat two of the NFLs current best QBs (and at least the two top 5 QBs of all time). Did I mention they were in their prime?

Oh, and yeah, lets put the Dolphins in the playoffs for sh*ts an giggles and maybe they can win a game or two, which they haven't in the regular season yet.

Maybe the Jests just have crappy RBs and TEs ...

U mean the same RBs that posted nearly 300 yards rushing, 2 TDs, and the same TE that had 2 TD catches against ur Bills?...in one game.

It was a 4 pt game late until that ridiculous Marshawn Lynch TD run, they didn't have the game under control until that play which came w/ under 4 mins left.

again, SD scored that TD b/c we were in prevent to make it 17-14, they couldn't do anything all day and wouldn't have if they had made 2 of those FGs b/c we would have been playing a different defense.

Feeley missed 2 kicks, just making one we are up 20-6 instead of 17-6, his 2nd miss would have put us up 20-13 and given us a TD lead. Why are the SD misses bigger?

NE proved it by beating quality teams in the reg season unlike Mia '08 and KC '10.

I enjoy debating with you Junc, but we've already debated this in the thread that talked about the best corner tandem. Here is my quote from that thread:

So missed field goals change the game, but only to benefit the Jets?
Even if you have a 23-13 lead, Manning is still going to score 17 unanswered points to make it 30-23.

SD missed the first easy field goal (37 yards) on their second possession of the game. No one scored until SD scored a TD in the second quarter. It would have been 10-0 SD. The Jets don't score until the 3rd making it 7-3 SD. Right at the end of the 3rd SD turns it over deep on their side of the field. You don't think SD plays that series a little different if it is a 2 possession game at that point? Even with the turnover and score, it would have been 10-10 had SD made the first field goal. The Jets next score is at the 7:17 mark in the 4th making the score 17-7 (17-10 with the field goal). On SD next possession they drive into field goal range, and what do you know, another missed field goal. It would have been 17-13. The Jets tried to run out the clock, but could not. SD gets the ball back and scores what could have been the game winner. I suppose this is the drive that you will claim the Jets went into prevent defense right? Isn't a prevent defense supposed to stop big plays? Why then did SD gain 11 yards, 37 yards, and 19 yards in their first 3 plays of that series?

Regardless of how or why I think the Jets won those games, my point is that I don't believe that those teams were better than Bal. Do you?

I enjoy debating with you Junc, but we've already debated this in the thread that talked about the best corner tandem. Here is my quote from that thread:

Regardless of how or why I think the Jets won those games, my point is that I don't believe that those teams were better than Bal. Do you?

I'm not whining about missed kicks, you and the fans that hate the jets are. if you use that excuse against us you have to use it for us. We have no idea how those games play out if they make those FGs. Youa ssume 17-14 game, miss 3 FGs that SD should win but the game changes if they make 1 or 2 of those kicks.

I'm not whining about missed kicks, you and the fans that hate the jets are. if you use that excuse against us you have to use it for us. We have no idea how those games play out if they make those FGs. Youa ssume 17-14 game, miss 3 FGs that SD should win but the game changes if they make 1 or 2 of those kicks.

I'm not whining, I'm just telling you how I see it. I agree with you that the game changes if they make those FGs. They win. :lol:

You didn't answer the question that brought us to this point. Are the teams the Jets beat better than Bal?

I'm not whining, I'm just telling you how I see it. I agree with you that the game changes if they make those FGs. They win. :lol:

You didn't answer the question that brought us to this point. Are the teams the Jets beat better than Bal?

2009 SD and 2010 NE were better than 2008 Baltimore.

Back
Top Bottom