Reality Check JETS fans.... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality Check JETS fans....

The operative word here is "if" because you haven't won the game yet. The Phins have not looked hopeless (a la the Vikes). They've looked very much like the Jets actually, except without the luck, the hype or the bickering: a crappy pass offense, a disappointing running game, lack of red zone TDs, and a defense that has failed to play up to expectations. The difference between the Phins and the Jets is that the Jets got early Xmas presents from Tony Romo and Luke McCown, and no QBs have been quite so kind to the Phins.

yes, we have had so much luck w/ 2 obvious reviewd plays going against us the last 2 weeks to help, w/ the obvious PI not being called on a critical INT.

The luck has been on Buffalo's side getting 3-4 TOs a game, that won't hold up all season. You had a nice run, I hope you enjoyed it.

Shouldn't you be worried about your team losing to another mediocre team on the road?

You mean a mediocre team that is somehow alone in first place in the NFCE? No, I am not.

Funny that you have no worries, but the Bills lose in a close one on the Road to a division leader and somehow, Bills fans need to be quaking.

You mean a mediocre team that is somehow alone in first place in the NFCE? No, I am not.

Funny that you have no worries, but the Bills lose in a close one on the Road to a division leader and somehow, Bills fans need to be quaking.

a team that needed blown calls to beat 2 teams that have a combined 3 wins so far. This team lost to Seattle at home a week earlier. Don't be fooled by record, the Giants will be a 6-8 win team by the end of the year.

a team that needed blown calls to beat 2 teams that have a combined 3 wins so far. This team lost to Seattle at home a week earlier. Don't be fooled by record, the Giants will be a 6-8 win team by the end of the year.

The Jets win against the winless Dolphins is reason for you to be puffing your chest out though? Try winning on the road before you criticize other teams who have actually done it.

The Jets win against the winless Dolphins is reason for you to be puffing your chest out though? Try winning on the road before you criticize other teams who have actually done it.

I'm not puffing my chest out unlike Bills fans starved for a winner. I realize this is a long season, last night was a step in the right direction but we have plenty of work to do unlike the greatness that is the 2011 Buffalo Bills who have arrived.

Sorry, we haven't played on the road at KC. We actually played 2 elite teams and a 3rd tough team on the road. It's not like this team hasn't won 4 road playoff games the last 2 years so clearly we cannot play on the road while the mighty Bills can as we saw in KC.

I'm not puffing my chest out unlike Bills fans starved for a winner. I realize this is a long season, last night was a step in the right direction but we have plenty of work to do unlike the greatness that is the 2011 Buffalo Bills who have arrived.

Sorry, we haven't played on the road at KC. We actually played 2 elite teams and a 3rd tough team on the road. It's not like this team hasn't won 4 road playoff games the last 2 years so clearly we cannot play on the road while the mighty Bills can as we saw in KC.

WARNING: This post contains many excuses. Please avert your eyes if looking for sound reasoning.

------ Prior seasons have zero to do with this season, zero. Keep living in the past though. The Jets cannot expect to win many games starting out the way they did against the Dolphins. Yes, they woke up and played well, but the vast majority of the teams would have them down by 10, if not by 21 before they woke up. Do you think the Jets are solid enough on Offense to play catch up in this league?

WARNING: This post contains many excuses. Please avert your eyes if looking for sound reasoning.

------ Prior seasons have zero to do with this season, zero. Keep living in the past though. The Jets cannot expect to win many games starting out the way they did against the Dolphins. Yes, they woke up and played well, but the vast majority of the teams would have them down by 10, if not by 21 before they woke up. Do you think the Jets are solid enough on Offense to play catch up in this league?

My apologies, I forget that the 6 games this year tell us everything. After all the Packers were 3-3 and finished a year ago so we obviously have no chance while the soon to be dynasty Bills begin their march to greatness.

The Jets have played catch up all year, there has only been one game we didn't have a chance to win in the 4th qtr. Our O is a work in progress, we had a ton of issues the first month but slowly the O is beginning to get it. The OL is getting healthy, the running game is beginning to get better and the QB showed signs of his normal self last night. I'm confident we'll be good team, you can say the last 2 years don't count but this team has experience most teams do not have and they understand what it takes to be a playoff team. The Bills haven't played a truly meaningful game since 2004.

That has been the story for the Jets all year. Other than the Jax and Mia game, they have been down by double digits in the 4th every game. They are good at cutting those double digit leads to single digits, but can't do anything after that. It is easy to blame the defense, but the defense is the one putting points on the board and keeping them in games. They seems to be able to put together a drive or two when they are down double digits, but I wonder how much of that is the other teams defense relaxing with a double digit lead. If you take away the punt block for a TD in the Cowboy game, the Jets have not had a chance to win any game in the 4th other than Jax and Mia.

The Jets have not played well this year, and that did not change last night. If they don't improve, they will have a hard time making the playoffs. These next 3 game will tell us a lot.

My apologies, I forget that the 6 games this year tell us everything. After all the Packers were 3-3 and finished a year ago so we obviously have no chance while the soon to be dynasty Bills begin their march to greatness.

The Jets have played catch up all year, there has only been one game we didn't have a chance to win in the 4th qtr. Our O is a work in progress, we had a ton of issues the first month but slowly the O is beginning to get it. The OL is getting healthy, the running game is beginning to get better and the QB showed signs of his normal self last night. I'm confident we'll be good team, you can say the last 2 years don't count but this team has experience most teams do not have and they understand what it takes to be a playoff team. The Bills haven't played a truly meaningful game since 2004.

You have some difficulty with reading comprehension, don't you?

That has been the story for the Jets all year. Other than the Jax and Mia game, they have been down by double digits in the 4th every game. They are good at cutting those double digit leads to single digits, but can't do anything after that. It is easy to blame the defense, but the defense is the one putting points on the board and keeping them in games. They seems to be able to put together a drive or two when they are down double digits, but I wonder how much of that is the other teams defense relaxing with a double digit lead. If you take away the punt block for a TD in the Cowboy game, the Jets have not had a chance to win any game in the 4th other than Jax and Mia.

The Jets have not played well this year, and that did not change last night. If they don't improve, they will have a hard time making the playoffs. These next 3 game will tell us a lot.

The D has struggled most of the season and only has one score so how have they been putting points on the board?

If you take away a bad call in NE or one run in the raidre game we could have won those games too. it's so silly to talk about stuff like that, we made plays to beat Dallas. We tend to win ugly, been doing that for 2+ years now.

You have some difficulty with reading comprehension, don't you?

I forget, prior seasons mean nothing. Only the Bills being a game ahead of us w/ an easier sched means something. I guess the Lions and Niners are now better than the Steelers.

Someting tells me if we had this discussion in 1997 or so you'd have been corwing about 4 SB apps and dismissing the Jets even though they had a better record than Buf.

The D has struggled most of the season and only has one score so how have they been putting points on the board?

If you take away a bad call in NE or one run in the raidre game we could have won those games too. it's so silly to talk about stuff like that, we made plays to beat Dallas. We tend to win ugly, been doing that for 2+ years now.

You only count points when the D actually brings the ball in the endzone. I do not. The D kept the Jets in the Cowboys game with huge turnovers and was responsible for the game winning FG. The D put the Jets O in scoring position 3 times against the Jags, on the Jags 28, 18, and 1 yard line. The D scored 7 points against the Ravens when the offense couldn't do anything. The D had a huge interception before the half against NE taking what most likely would have been 7 points off the board. You can blame the D all you want, but without the defense and special teams play, the Jets could easily be 1-5 \ 2-4. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that the D has played a part in the losses, but it is hard to blame the D when the offense is as bad as the Jets.

Winning ugly is fine, but not when it comes against teams like Dal, Jax, and Mia. Those teams know how to lose games themselves.

You only count points when the D actually brings the ball in the endzone. I do not. The D kept the Jets in the Cowboys game with huge turnovers and was responsible for the game winning FG. The D put the Jets O in scoring position 3 times against the Jags, on the Jags 28, 18, and 1 yard line. The D scored 7 points against the Ravens when the offense couldn't do anything. The D had a huge interception before the half against NE taking what most likely would have been 7 points off the board. You can blame the D all you want, but without the defense and special teams play, the Jets could easily be 1-5 \ 2-4. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that the D has played a part in the losses, but it is hard to blame the D when the offense is as bad as the Jets.

Winning ugly is fine, but not when it comes against teams like Dal, Jax, and Mia. Those teams know how to lose games themselves.

The O kept the Jets in the game against Dallas, the D made the big plays late to win it.

The O kept the team in the game against oak

The O kept the team in the game against NE

Dallas is a quality team and last year we won ugly against teams like Cle, Det and Houston. It didn't seem to hurt us come January.

I forget, prior seasons mean nothing. Only the Bills being a game ahead of us w/ an easier sched means something. I guess the Lions and Niners are now better than the Steelers.

Someting tells me if we had this discussion in 1997 or so you'd have been corwing about 4 SB apps and dismissing the Jets even though they had a better record than Buf.

Bills 2011 opponents record: 21-14 (17-12 not including Bills games)
Jets 2011 opponents record: 16-17 (13-14 not including Jets games)

You and I have a different definition of easier. You are boring to talk to. If you want to discuss intellectually, let me know. If you want to continue with your sophomoric nonsense, consider this the last interaction between us.

EDIT: This is only the games that have been played so far, not the games that have yet to be played.

The O kept the Jets in the game against Dallas, the D made the big plays late to win it.

The O kept the team in the game against oak

The O kept the team in the game against NE

Dallas is a quality team and last year we won ugly against teams like Cle, Det and Houston. It didn't seem to hurt us come January.

The Jets O scored 17 against Dal. You needed 27 to win. Almost 40% of the points came from the D and special teams.

You lost to Oak by 10 points when the D and special teams didn't put any points on the board.

You lost to NE by 9 when the D took at least 3 points off the board (would have been 7 imo)

I'm glad that you are happy where the Jets are at right now. You can think just becasue it happened in the past that it will happen again, but it is not likely. If the Jets make the playoffs, I doubt they get a crapy Bengal team or a banged up Indy team in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom