Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy

Like i said i dont hate Ireland and i dont love Ireland. I have witnessed to many craptastic men running this franchise. People love Ricky williams however, we gave up way to much for a running back and even back then i thought what is wrong with us. So maybe i have watched swim in **** for over a decade that Ireland actually seems like just average lake water.

I just feel happy to finally say my team has a qb. After witnessing Cleo ****ing Lemon play qb1 here. Really think about that. This franchise for an entire season trotted Cleo Lemon out there.

So i guess Ireland has earned some leeway with my getting us Tannehill.

I will NEVER give ireland credit for getting Tannehill.

There is just too much evidence out there that Ross and Philbin out-voted ireland on that pick. ireland had someone else in mind. Actually 2 people... one is already well on the way to "bust" category, and one who will be on the decline when Tannehill is at his personal peak 4-5 years from now.

Thanks to keeping ireland we MIGHT eke, scratch and claw our way back to the level we were at when dave wannabe was our coach... barely. The occasional wild card and first-round exit.

"We are in danger of losing the great Ryan Tannehill years". Do we want to hear that down the road?

I will NEVER give ireland credit for getting Tannehill.

There is just too much evidence out there that Ross and Philbin out-voted ireland on that pick. ireland had someone else in mind. Actually 2 people... one is already well on the way to "bust" category, and one who will be on the decline when Tannehill is at his personal peak 4-5 years from now.

Thanks to keeping ireland we MIGHT eke, scratch and claw our way back to the level we were at when dave wannabe was our coach... barely. The occasional wild card and first-round exit.

"We are in danger of losing the great Ryan Tannehill years". Do we want to hear that down the road?
As much as I dislike Ireland I have to question where this info that Ireland didn't want RT is coming from?

My greatest fear has always been that Philbin and Tannehill are good enough to win games and because of that we can't get rid of Ireland. And because we can't get rid of Ireland we're never able to get over the hump, he'll always cost us a game or two a season.

He's the Tony Morano of GM'ing, just as surely as Morano would waste at least one timeout every half, Ireland does something inexplicably stupid every year.

ireland will never pick an impact player in the top 3 rounds. Won't fit his "revenue model" for the team.

He wants projects and wannabes that he won't have to pay too much to. He lets other teams get all the outstanding players. We wonder why other teams, their fans, and the media disrespect us so much, it is because they see our roster and how it compares with other teams. Our talent level is safely in the bottom third of this league.

As much as I dislike Ireland I have to question where this info that Ireland didn't want RT is coming from?
me too, I remember Ireland saying they were scouting Tannehill since 2011 and that he talked with Sherman about him but I don't remember anything about Ross and Philbin over-ruling him

Is it about being a fan and hopeful or watching the play on the field?

We are good capwise because Wallace's salary counts only 3mi against the cap. Next year? 17mi!

He overspends on freeagents and sign guys of waivers and other team's practice squads to fill the holes created by his terrible job dafting players.

He went after Thomas, not good enough player to make the 49ers team, and the guy started ahead of his draft picks! That's insane!

Can't you see a trend here?
Ellerbe/Wheeler = Dansby/Burnett
Wallace = Marshall
Clabo = Terrible OL signing from the past
Still drafting players that can't produce.

The money you overspend on freeagents cripples your team in a salary cap league, Dansby still counts for about 3mi against our cap in 2014 and that is just plain stupid!

If he overspends too much, why is our cap situation so good?

me too, I remember Ireland saying they were scouting Tannehill since 2011 and that he talked with Sherman about him but I don't remember anything about Ross and Philbin over-ruling him

All Bull**** from the people who hates him so damn much. This is the only place in the world, where Ireland is not credited with drafting T-Hill. Regardless, he was the GM in charge when Goodell went to the podium. Scouting is a done two to 3 years in advance.

He has been GM since 2008 and his last draft was a bad as his first. Even if you want to 'cherrypick' the last 4 years, I count 8 out of 32 guys that you would say were good choices if you had to do it over. 4:1.

8 guys?lol. You are funny. Lets start at the top- 2010- players that are "good choices", as you put it- Rashad Jones, Nolan Carroll, John Jerry, Koa Misi, Jared Odrick. That's 5 out of the 8 players drafted in 2010 that are STARTING on our team NOW!lol 4:1 dude? come on?

Let's continue here- 2011- Mike Pouncey, Daniel Thomas, Charles Clay and Jimmy Wilson. Only 6 picks in 2011 and 4 of them play a lot of minutes for us. 3 of them are starters. 4:6 or 2/3 of the draft was a success. 4:1 dude? Come on?

Shall I go on? 2012- Ryan Tannehill, Olivier Vernon and Rishard Matthews are ballin. 2 starters from this group but, Matthews is out starting slot WR so, technically, 3 starters here. The fun doesn't stop there though with this draft. Michael Egnew and Lamar Miller have stepped up for this season and are both showing promise. They were definitely "good choices" so, out of the 2012 draft, where we had 9 picks, 3 are starters and 2 play big minutes for us. 4:1 dude? come onnnnnnnnnnnn?

2013 draft class shouldn't even be analyzed because they haven't had the opportunity to prove themselves just yet. BUT, I'll move forward for you. Dion Jordan looks to be a stud in our future. Him, Dion Sims, Jalani Jenkins, Caleb Sturgis and Don Jones are all contributing AS ROOKIES. Will Davis and Jamar Taylor have both been injured.

So, what have we learned here. 1. that phishxhead has no clue 2. that saying Ireland has only hit "good choices" at only a 4:1 ratio is asinine and without merit as PROVEN above. He has been GM since 2008 but, if you feel he was making the decisions, you know nothing about Dolphins football and should remain quiet. Now do you truly believe the 4:1 ratio now?

If he overspends too much, why is our cap situation so good?

It's offset by the rookies, undrafted free agents and minimum salary players of which we have 33...more than half the roster. What we're paying guys like Tannehill, Pouncey, Clay and Vernon is peanuts next to what they'll get once their rookie contract is up.

We completely overpaid for Wheeler and Ellerbe, we overpaid for Dansby, we overpaid for Gibril Wilson, we overpaid Richard Marshall and we're overpaying for Dimitri Patterson who's made $7.45 million the last two years and only played in 15 games combined.

All Bull**** from the people who hates him so damn much. This is the only place in the world, where Ireland is not credited with drafting T-Hill. Regardless, he was the GM in charge when Goodell went to the podium. Scouting is a done two to 3 years in advance.
I wonder if the people that don't give him credit for RT are the same who believe he ran the 2008 draft.
Also imo, if this team makes the playoffs it will be hard to complain about who built it

8 guys?lol. You are funny. Lets start at the top- 2010- players that are "good choices", as you put it- Rashad Jones, Nolan Carroll, John Jerry, Koa Misi, Jared Odrick. That's 5 out of the 8 players drafted in 2010 that are STARTING on our team NOW!lol 4:1 dude? come on?

Let's continue here- 2011- Mike Pouncey, Daniel Thomas, Charles Clay and Jimmy Wilson. Only 6 picks in 2011 and 4 of them play a lot of minutes for us. 3 of them are starters. 4:6 or 2/3 of the draft was a success. 4:1 dude? Come on?

Shall I go on? 2012- Ryan Tannehill, Olivier Vernon and Rishard Matthews are ballin. 2 starters from this group but, Matthews is out starting slot WR so, technically, 3 starters here. The fun doesn't stop there though with this draft. Michael Egnew and Lamar Miller have stepped up for this season and are both showing promise. They were definitely "good choices" so, out of the 2012 draft, where we had 9 picks, 3 are starters and 2 play big minutes for us. 4:1 dude? come onnnnnnnnnnnn?

2013 draft class shouldn't even be analyzed because they haven't had the opportunity to prove themselves just yet. BUT, I'll move forward for you. Dion Jordan looks to be a stud in our future. Him, Dion Sims, Jalani Jenkins, Caleb Sturgis and Don Jones are all contributing AS ROOKIES. Will Davis and Jamar Taylor have both been injured.

So, what have we learned here. 1. that phishxhead has no clue 2. that saying Ireland has only hit "good choices" at only a 4:1 ratio is asinine and without merit as PROVEN above. He has been GM since 2008 but, if you feel he was making the decisions, you know nothing about Dolphins football and should remain quiet. Now do you truly believe the 4:1 ratio now?

Your definition of good is quite different than mine lol. I suppose you define it as anyone that gets playing time.

Who do you think "won" the Vontae Davis trade Colts Fan?

The fact you think that question is important in the middle of a playoff run shows something about you. I could careless about that 1 trade. Davis wasn't a player that went well with this team and he was booted. I have no problem with that. You have a problem with Ireland so, anything you can catch on that you deem a negative about him, you tell us. Thanks but, I like the direction my team is going in and Ireland is one of the reasons we are going in this direction. Do you like the current state of "your" Dolphins? If so, you like the work of Jeff Ireland. If not, you aren't a Dolphins fan.

The fact you think that question is important in the middle of a playoff run shows something about you. I could careless about that 1 trade. Davis wasn't a player that went well with this team and he was booted. I have no problem with that. You have a problem with Ireland so, anything you can catch on that you deem a negative about him, you tell us. Thanks but, I like the direction my team is going in and Ireland is one of the reasons we are going in this direction. Do you like the current state of "your" Dolphins? If so, you like the work of Jeff Ireland. If not, you aren't a Dolphins fan.

Haha, so you're not a Dolphins fan if you want more than just a late season playoff push? Good to know.

Back
Top Bottom