Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy

Like most sane people do you look back on a draft 3-4 years afterwards and that 2010 draft actually looks very impressive.

Odrick a starter and one of the better young dt in football

Misi a starter that does the little things.

Jerry is starting on that line but i dunno about him.

Nolan carrol has had his best season and is starting.

Reshad jones starting ss that just got payed and has proven to be a legit talent.

The haters and lovers all have to respect that draft. If after 3-4 years u can have 5 players starting and actually contributing its a good thing.

Not many teams get that much talent in a draft.

Like most sane people do you look back on a draft 3-4 years afterwards and that 2010 draft actually looks very impressive.

Odrick a starter and one of the better young dt in football

Misi a starter that does the little things.

Jerry is starting on that line but i dunno about him.

Nolan carrol has had his best season and is starting.

Reshad jones starting ss that just got payed and has proven to be a legit talent.

The haters and lovers all have to respect that draft. If after 3-4 years u can have 5 players starting and actually contributing its a good thing.

Not many teams get that much talent in a draft.

Yeah, Parcells did a good job for us that year.

Ironically, I don't have huge issues with his drafts. But he severely overpays for free agent talent. And he's whiffed way too much on oline free agents, and I don't often agree with his last cut or two at the end of preseason. But I do find it funny that what is generally considered the hardest part of being a GM(drafting) is not what bothers me the most.

I think he takes guys that have talent but that take a year or two or three to develop, which is why he spends so much on other teams free agents. By the time some of his picks are up to speed, their rookie contracts are almost up, so he's not saving himself a lot. But I think his draft success is at least average if not slightly better than average.
a good example is ordick - having his best year and I think he's a FA after next season.

a good example is ordick - having his best year and I think he's a FA after next season.

Too bad he traded down passing up guys elite like Earl Thomas to get him. I know many on this board wanted Thomas and nobody was clamoring for Odrick. That's the problem with Ireland, passing on elite guys to get solid guys in the first round.

That was completely unreadable. Take a breath and type like a adult.

By the way, your "b" key is broken.

It was sent from my phone while I was driving. And I'm a grown ass man. Nice cheap shot for someone who's suppose to be a MOD. I guess, there's no rhyme and reason why they select mods on this site..

HAHA! I guess some are now in a pickle if we make the playoffs and make some noise, the guy they all said deserve the blame, will have to be solely responsible. BooHOO ****ing Hoo.

I consider every draft since 2008 Ireland drafts. Parcells was involved but so was Ireland. So to me that 2010 draft was a success.

Thats...surprisingly refreshing for this thread. I agree.

I do disagree with your assessments though.
Koa Misi busted in the role he was drafted for and, while hes average at his new position, hes "just a guy". His production could easily be replaced. To Ireland's credit he is being paid at the rate of "just a guy", making only...what, $3-$4 million per season? Thats fine. The damning part is the fact we spent a top 40 draft pick on a player who is worth only an below average contract.
John Jerry...well, lets call a spade a spade. Hes a bust. Maybe not as big of a bust as other players, but hes not going to be on this roster next season and is only playing because we lack at that position. He never produced at the level of his talent and, with his motivational problems, will probably be out of the league shortly.
Carroll got torched for years. Hes starting now because of injuries at corner. He is playing better(like most of the defensive backs who have played for Kevin Coyle), but again: he will probably be allowed to walk. Even Ireland tried to draft his replacement in Will Allen.

Odrick and Jones are keepers. While i have little qualms about Jones, the Odrick pick hurts. Im a fan of Odrick and he will be a fine player for many years, he himself isnt the problem. The problem is we passed on elite talent to draft him and Misi. Earl Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, and JPP are impact players at positions of extreme importance. Even Jimmy Graham would have been more worthy of our first round pick then Odrick(who again: i really like). Value matters. Almost anyone can pick out 30 good, solid players out of a pool of hundreds. You have to be able to get those talented players for the right price. Ireland never does. Which is one of the reasons why we keep losing.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

It was sent from my phone while I was driving. And I'm a grown ass man. Nice cheap shot for someone who's suppose to be a MOD. I guess, there's no rhyme and reason why they select mods on this site..

Illegal in Florida. You criminal.

ZZzzzz... Such a waste of time. You're right man, our team sucks and everyone on it! Lets just start over!

Why I even bother is beyond me...

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

The fact that you're calling TAylor and Davis, two rookie CBs, failures is all I need to know about the person I'm arguing with.

Moving on!

Don't waste your time. Buddy, they hated Clay, they hated Tannehill, Odrick was a bust, Mike Wallace was a bad signing, Hartline is #4 WR on most teams, Nolan Carroll sucks, Clemon is garbage, John Jerry is a bust the list goes on. they will always find a reason to hate a player on this team. It no longer matters because the way this team is assemble, we are going to be making noise for awhile. After awhile it will just be noise. Just ****em..

Thats...surprisingly refreshing for this thread. I agree.

I do disagree with your assessments though.
Koa Misi busted in the role he was drafted for and, while hes average at his new position, hes "just a guy". His production could easily be replaced. To Ireland's credit he is being paid at the rate of "just a guy", making only...what, $3-$4 million per season? Thats fine. The damning part is the fact we spent a top 40 draft pick on a player who is worth only an below average contract.
John Jerry...well, lets call a spade a spade. Hes a bust. Maybe not as big of a bust as other players, but hes not going to be on this roster next season and is only playing because we lack at that position. He never produced at the level of his talent and, with his motivational problems, will probably be out of the league shortly.
Carroll got torched for years. Hes starting now because of injuries at corner. He is playing better(like most of the defensive backs who have played for Kevin Coyle), but again: he will probably be allowed to walk. Even Ireland tried to draft his replacement in Will Allen.

Odrick and Jones are keepers. While i have little qualms about Jones, the Odrick pick hurts. Im a fan of Odrick and he will be a fine player for many years, he himself isnt the problem. The problem is we passed on elite talent to draft him and Misi. Earl Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, and JPP are impact players at positions of extreme importance. Even Jimmy Graham would have been more worthy of our first round pick then Odrick(who again: i really like). Value matters. Almost anyone can pick out 30 good, solid players out of a pool of hundreds. You have to be able to get those talented players for the right price. Ireland never does. Which is one of the reasons why we keep losing.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Illegal in Florida. You criminal.

See i like what misi gives us he isint a superstar but he gives you the little things. Our run d is nothing special this year but it was even worse the few games he was out. He is a quality starter on most teams.

Like i said about Jerry he is starting but i dont consider him a legit player.

But Carroll to me has been a success it takes a few years to develop into a player. Using Coyle coaching him up as a negative is not a good way at looking at it. Thats what you want from your coaches to develop the talent into actual useful players.

That is one thing i love about this staff they develop talent. You see improvement in the players unlike past staffs.

Thats why i am not going crazy over davis and taylor not playing at a high level yet. Corner is a difficult position to play in the new nfl, where its designed for the offense.

Also Ireland has not missed in the first round and that to me is more important then third round players. The only real miss would be Vontae Davis.

Long, davis, odrick, pouncey, tannehill and jordan are not bad picks. A lot of teams have had worse runs in the first round

See i like what misi gives us he isint a superstar but he gives you the little things. Our run d is nothing special this year but it was even worse the few games he was out. He is a quality starter on most teams.

But Carroll to me has been a success it takes a few years to develop into a player. Using Coyle coaching him up as a negative is not a good way at looking at it. Thats what you want from your coaches to develop the talent into actual useful players.

That is one thing i love about this staff they develop talent. You see improvement in the players unlike past staffs.

Thats why i am not going crazy over davis and taylor not playing at a high level yet. Corner is a difficult position to play in the new nfl, where its designed for the offense.

Also Ireland has not missed in the first round and that to me is more important then third round players. The only real miss would be Vontae Davis.

Long, davis, odrick, pouncey, tannehill and jordan are not bad picks. A lot of teams have had worse runs in the first round

For every One Misi. You have a Wake, OV, Jones, Pouncey, Tannehill, Hartline, Clay, Matthews, Thigpen..

We kept losing because we Henne floped.

It's always about the QB. Now, we got one, let's see how much losing the 9th youngest team in the league does moving forward..

For Misi: again, its about value. Had he been a 4th or 5th round selection, i wouldnt have a problem with him. But we spent a top 40 pick on him. And we got "quality starter" in return. We need impact players with those picks, because other teams are getting impact players at similar spots.

I can see how you would take the Coyle point as a negative, but i didnt mean it as such. I had meant that Coyle can coach up most defensive backs, thus he could get similar production with other players. Like the players we just invested in this past draft.

Ireland has lowered the level of "normal". People give him credit for hitting on first round picks(and i disagree about the "bust" thing, 1st round picks are supposed to be cornerstone players, not 5 year rentals), but GM's are suppose to hit on first round picks. If they dont, thats fire worthy. If your GM cant find 32 good players(especially since we've been picking in the top half) in the entire draft, then you have a truly terrible GM. Second and third rounds are the money rounds. Thats where teams are built, especially the second round, where first round talent drops for various reasons. Ireland shown he cant hit on those rounds. He just...cant.

Back
Top Bottom