Report: Jets considering Brandon Marshall trade | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jets considering Brandon Marshall trade

They are rebuilding...they want draft picks...and they still have Royal.

I don't kow if I would say rebuilding....only thing needed to be rebuilt was the defense and keeping 6 or 7 Rbs off IR. Their offense was solid.

Obviously draft picks are not a concern, they traded a first next yr for a 2nd in this past draft.

A happy Brandon Marshall is a good Brandon Marshall, and should be feared.

Nothing good (for the Fins) can come from this situation. If he becomes a Jet.

I agree with this. While I don't want him here, I certainly don't want him there either.

Lasy year was last year....do you think that the Broncos were a good team last year? I find it very funny that when a receiver like Marshall gets only 27 yds against the Dolphins...he stinks and was shut down...but then when Ginn does that game after game...he's just learning the position...the planets were aligned correctly.

Marshall still acquired 1265 yds in 15 games. he had three 100 plus yd games...plus 6 more games with at least 70 yds.

Pete, I was in a minority desperately wanting the guy who was largely responsible for Marshall putting up those numbers if all it took was a 1st and a 3rd to get Cutler, a franchise QB. I was rowing against the FH current in that instance. I would hope that back then you were in the pro-Cutler camp also since it would be pretty inconsistent of you to advocate paying a huge price and taking on a big contract for a troubled guy who touches the ball every 3rd or 4th play, if you were against doing the same for an even more important short and long term, although immature player for our franchise? Out of curiosity, where were you on that one?

My mind keeps going back and forth on this one. So I'm just gonna make both sides of the argument.

Why this is great as a Dolphin fan

So the Jets are gonna give up a couple of high draft picks and maybe talent so they can self inflict themselves with a cancer. If Marshal is this big of a douchbag in Denver imagaine what he will be like in the big city.

Why this is bad as a Dolphin fan

The Jets already have a solid defence and running game. If you add Marshal to the mix of Cotchery and Keller (if neither are part of the deal) then it only comes down to Sanchez limiting his mistakes and the Jets all of a sudden look like a dangerous team. Love him or hate him Rex Ryan does seem like the kind of coach that can keep a player in line.

Now that I've written it out the answer is clear

This move will swing our season series from a likely sweep to a likely split and that one game could and probably will be the differerce in us make the playoffs or not.

Final analysis, I hope he does goes to New York..........Giants!

I don't kow if I would say rebuilding....only thing needed to be rebuilt was the defense and keeping 6 or 7 Rbs off IR. Their offense was solid.

Obviously draft picks are not a concern, they traded a first next yr for a 2nd in this past draft.

I would be very surprised if there was more than 20 people in Denver that didn't agree about them being in a rebuilding phase.

They lost their head coach, offensive coordinator and starting QB. The new HC, Billichiks gopher-boy has a completely different team philosophy that the former coach who had been there for years.

Their offense didn't get it done last year with Jay Cutler & Mike Shanahan. Why would they be better with Kyle Orton & a 30 year old rookie hc?

They are rebuilding & they all know it.

Pete, I was in a minority desperately wanting the guy who was largely responsible for Marshall putting up those numbers if all it took was a 1st and a 3rd to get Cutler, a franchise QB. I was rowing against the FH current in that instance. I would hope that back then you were in the pro-Cutler camp also since it would be pretty inconsistent of you to advocate paying a huge price and taking on a big contract for a troubled guy who touches the ball every 3rd or 4th play, if you were against doing the same for an even more important short and long term, although immature player for our franchise? Out of curiosity, where were you on that one?

To be honest I really didn't take a position one way or the other on Cutler...probably because I really didn't think it would ever come to pass.
Cutler is a very good QB...but I don't see him as a QB that would fit what the Dolphins seem to want out of their QB's. I keep reading that with Henne the Dolphins will throw deep passes...well it's rare to see a deep pass even now with either QB..Penny or Henne.

Carrot's right......in NY we usually get what we want. It would be a disaster for the Fins as Marshall would easily be more talented than any receiver on our roster by far!!! We are woefully average at receiver with alot of "good" #2's bordering on #3 receivers with no number 1. And please don't feed me the who's going to throw the deep ball to him stuff...........We NEED a #1 WR!!!

Interesting how the Broncos claimed they havent been contacted by the Jets as of Wednesday morning, the time of this article, and are also monitoring the Jets for tampering. Sounds like another garbage Miami Herald article.

Here's the thing guys. I totally agree with you 100% but again here's the thing... We have a very STUBBORN coaching staff. VERY STUBBORN. Parcells, and Sparano do things THEIR way end of story. They believe that they are so far ahead of the rest of the league in coaching that they can win with THEIR guys THEIR way. So while I agree with everything you said this regime would NEVER go for a guy like Marshall for the sole reason that they are too STUBBORN..

Gee tell that to the Pats and the Cowboys sure look like world beaters with out Owens.
How did the boys do WITH TO? He tore the team in half for crying out loud.....remember the Philly game at the end of the season? Implosion!!!! And NE with Moss? 0 rings.....

I look at it this way. Every week we are playing a top 5-10 reciever or 2 in the league. I think it will be a good test. Theres no way they can all have good games. I think it will be a good test. Imagine if we show up to play? Oh and we have teddy G, he will be elite.

How did the boys do WITH TO? He tore the team in half for crying out loud.....remember the Philly game at the end of the season? Implosion!!!! And NE with Moss? 0 rings.....

O'Yes...Owens tore the Cowboys apart...lets see how many wins they get with out him. Lets not forget how badly Romo played in that game...lets not forget how badly the coaches have been...and Jerry needs some ensure...instead of hair plugs and face lifts...why is it that the Cowboys do well when they have a great coach...but they get rid of those coaches and then suck.

I look at it this way. Every week we are playing a top 5-10 reciever or 2 in the league. I think it will be a good test. Theres no way they can all have good games. I think it will be a good test. Imagine if we show up to play? Oh and we have teddy G, he will be elite.

Yes but it would be nicer if the opposition didn't always know that they could judt stack the box against us becaus we don't have a legitimate deep threat, TG not withstanding.

We were top 10 in passing last year. They can stack all they want. If chad didnt play like a complete retard in that Ravens game, which he was due for, all QB's do it, we could of won. That was the only D that really gave us problems.

Back
Top Bottom