Report: Jets considering Brandon Marshall trade | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jets considering Brandon Marshall trade

I'll be sick if the Jets get Marshall. We'll be the only ones without a legit #1 receiver, sorry Ginn.

I understand the attitude problem with this guy, but that coaches should be able to get him in line. He has completely screwed himself in trade value, too. Its a tough call, but even if its to keep him from a division opponent, I might try to steal him.

We were top 10 in passing last year. They can stack all they want. If chad didnt play like a complete retard in that Ravens game, which he was due for, all QB's do it, we could of won. That was the only D that really gave us problems.

true story

Yes but it would be nicer if the opposition didn't always know that they could judt stack the box against us becaus we don't have a legitimate deep threat, TG not withstanding.

I thought Hartline looked pretty good hauling in those deep passes against TB.

I thought Hartline looked pretty good hauling in those deep passes against TB.

I agree but should have specified a proven #1 receiver. Give Hartline some time. Hey for all we know P. Turner could turn out to be Oronde Gadsden with better hands and more speed......all in due time.....

I don't want this clown anywhere near the Jets. He's a beast when he's on the field, but whatever someone gives up to get him will basically be a rental fee for when he goes to prison.

Tanny needs to save our picks and draft DL/OL.

The Jets, after last year, are slowly turning into the Redskins. They are trying to buy a division championship. It won't work out for them if this knuckle head goes there. They should be embarassed at all of this over spending on free agents. How about DEVELOP some talent.

I did answer my own point. There is no need to worry about the Jets getting Marshall....

We can't trade for every player that comes availible just so our division rivals won't get them. You have to beat whoever the opponents put on the field.

I actually hope the Jets make that deal. A huge hit to their salary cap and less draft picks to get depth that they desperately need in several areas.

I dont get it...do you realize how talented this guy is. Idc who your corners are, they would laugh at this. Champ Bailey in his prime vs Moss 50/50 who wins.....so the more they play, the more Champ would lose....simple fact.

Name another division in football with 3 of the top 5 receivers in the league in it....even if our D plays well, they will be burnt more often....fact

No one is arguing wed pick him up so the Jets dont, IT WOULD BE FOR OUR OFFENSE....and take us from the bottom of the league in recievers to the top. Helps Ginn, and the rookies develope....RBs to spread the field...and Penny ( im sure hed hate this deal)......just dont get the logic

I think what a lot of people are missing is that when we played the Broncos last year (and obviously won) Marshall did not dominate us, not even close to it. I remember going into that game after seeing Fitzgerald and Boldin destroy us weeks earlier, worried sick that Marshall was going to have a field day with our lackluster secondary.

A quick refresher, Marshall had 2 receptions for 27 yards.

And also the QB wearing #6 was not Dirty Sanchez, it was The Cutman.

Do I want him to go to another team in the division, NO. But I wouldn't be all too concerned if he did because if our secondary from last year could keep the ball out of his hands I would only hope this years group would be able to do the same, if not slightly better.

Guess it depends on your idea of the top 5 recievers....I would say the Johnsons are 1 and 2....then theres Fitz.....all of which are better than TO, Evans, and Marshall.....

The only area in the NFL Marshall is top 5 is being a moron!

So the reports from "league sources" are that the Broncos want David Harris in the trade. I find it a little strange that anybody outside of the few FO cores would have this information, unless they wanted everyone to know.

IMO the Broncos want Jet fans to know, so they will be grilling the Jets' FO to make this trade; as their no. 1 WR isn't necessarily viewed as a no. 1. Pretty genius if true, because Denver definitely doesn't want to hold onto Marshall anymore...

No way the Jets give up Harris....then again Marsahall is a bigger name....

So the reports from "league sources" are that the Broncos want David Harris in the trade. I find it a little strange that anybody outside of the few FO cores would have this information, unless they wanted everyone to know.

IMO the Broncos want Jet fans to know, so they will be grilling the Jets' FO to make this trade; as their no. 1 WR isn't necessarily viewed as a no. 1. Pretty genius if true, because Denver definitely doesn't want to hold onto Marshall anymore...
Actually, us Jets fans don't want to trade David Harris and think it is completely stupid to even think about trading David Harris which I know the Jets wouldn't even consider. They wouldn't open up another hole to fill one. The most I would consider trading for Brandon Marshall is a 2nd round pick. But I would lean towards a 3rd round pick.
Otherwise I want nothing to do with this, I wouldn't give up much for a WR that doesn't want any part of the Broncos and is a FA after this year.

David Harris arguably looked like our best defensive player this preseason. Remember that Jenkins and Revis only played 1 game. But Harris seemed to be all over the field. Rex loves having Scott and Harris in the middle of his defense.

Back
Top Bottom