Report - Landry deal close | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report - Landry deal close

An honest question here: Can Jarvis play nice going forward assuming he's retained?

Here's what I mean.

1) It's very likely Grant targets and opportunities are going to increased significantly next season
2) It's likely if Tannehill is the QB he's going to count on Stills for more of the long ball. Picking up where they left off
3) DVP(sigh) likely will benefit from having Tannehill back
4) We know that Drake is going to be more featured too
5) If we can finally get a TE

The point is this all points to Jarvy numbers per target going down from his rookie season.

Will Jarvis play nice and accept that?
Not only that but if his targets go down as they should, his production won't justify the price tag...

Not only that but if his targets go down as they should, his production won't justify the price tag...
well as long as we have a check down QB, of course. however, Landry has shown that when matched up in the slot at a LB he can be vertical. It was just the opportunities. A lot of you refer to 2016, as if it will happen again. If that's so looki at his big plays late in the year against the Jets and Cards

well as long as we have a check down QB, of course. however, Landry has shown that when matched up in the slot at a LB he can be vertical. It was just the opportunities. A lot of you refer to 2016, as if it will happen again. If that's so looki at his big plays late in the year against the Jets and Cards
Name me one NFL WR that couldn't go vertical against a LB...?

Who's the check down QB? Also are you referring to his long bomb in the "pro-bowl?"

Finally, is that what Landry needs to go and win vertical? Coverage by an LB?

kiko will be gone after next season too

b3x42LX_d.jpg

yeah, of course, the 4th most accurate long ball passer in the league last season he suited up ain't gonna cut it.. Insist on one of the top 3
giphy.gif

This is like a broken record. Your most important contribution to site ranting about a rating based on someone's opinion of if the pass was good.

Your basing this on 40 deep passes in 2016. That's a pretty small sample size to be claiming anything. While Ryan was better on these deep throws I think you are going a little over board touting this.

What about the 88 attempts in the 10-20 range that netted a 69 passer rating and more interception than TD's. Those are the ones that made the offense leave the field all to often.

Now back on topic. I hope they find a way to keep Jarvis without overpaying.

Last edited:
Paying him top WR money would be a mistake. I want to keep him (if he can keep his mouth shut) but not at 15per. His production can easily be replaced for a fraction of that.

they kept Stills, so I don't see why not. You have 3-4 WR's under 25. Just need an offensive plan and a qb to think vertical. There aren't any teams with enough cover guys to stop them as a unit. Add a TE and we can be more deadly. Again, need to think vertical, not checking down.
i agree with you here. Other teams make this look easy because they have decent offensive lines. Ours has been in the lower third year after year.

You’re severely overestimating how anthem protests affected viewership. It was a factor no doubt but not the main contributor.

Numbers were down slightly due to the fact that people don’t want to pay for cable subsciptions anymore. The NFL does not offer much in the way of streaming so they lost eyeballs.
How many people do you personally know that stopped watching due to that? I've heard maybe a few talk about doing it, and only one that I'm about 80% sure he didnt watch any, BUT, he's not really an NFL fan, more of a guy who watches a game if its on tv.. I don't disagree that they may have lost some viewership due to that, but not a significant amount. Whereas, I would wager more people nowadays are starting to stream games instead of paying for ST, and I would assume that hurts a lot more. It's easier, and free if you do it illegally. I still pay for directv's ST streaming service (which is me bypassing their stupid rule to get it anyways) because I find it more reliable. But say they allow everyone to purchase a stand alone, streaming option, I figure that a lot of people would be all in on that

The NFL didn't suffer from politics in the press. The NFL suffered from the politics and social policies on the field.

The NFL has an image problem because the NFL has forgotten to play football. Remove Trump and the problems still exist.

They can still protest the government and stand for the anthem at the same time. Disrespecting the flag and anthem is not the same as protesting the government. The flag and anthem pays tribute to an idea. An idea that needs participation in order to continually improve . While never perfect, it offers the opportunity to become perfect.

Keep the politics off the field and use their personal time to protest. jJ Watt raised millions in relief efforts. THAT is what the proper use of their personal podium can do . Stand for the flag, play football and the ratings return.

They may disagree with the government, but the flag and what it stands for protects their right to disagree. That is worth standing for and showing respect.

Thumbs up:thumbsup

How many people do you personally know that stopped watching due to that? I've heard maybe a few talk about doing it, and only one that I'm about 80% sure he didnt watch any, BUT, he's not really an NFL fan, more of a guy who watches a game if its on tv.. I don't disagree that they may have lost some viewership due to that, but not a significant amount. Whereas, I would wager more people nowadays are starting to stream games instead of paying for ST, and I would assume that hurts a lot more. It's easier, and free if you do it illegally. I still pay for directv's ST streaming service (which is me bypassing their stupid rule to get it anyways) because I find it more reliable. But say they allow everyone to purchase a stand alone, streaming option, I figure that a lot of people would be all in on that

Beat me to it. Trump and others claim that nfl ratings are down because of the anthem protests. They never take into account how easy it is to illegally watch the nfl. I pwesonally still pay for the Sunday ticket stream only option because if an illegal stream cuts out during a critical part of the game I will be pissed lol i pay for the reliability and access to stream the Sunday ticket directly from my ps4

Sure he catches a lot of footballs , but he's never been in double digits in TD catches. I don't think he's worth more than 8 mi a year

Back
Top Bottom