Report: Mallett Conceded Drug Use | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Mallett Conceded Drug Use

Let me sell you a clue...never mind I will give you this one free...

"Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett admitted to NFL teams at the Scouting Combine that he had at least experimented with recreational drugs during his college years"

If it was just pot they would say it.....

The rumors did include cocaine.....
Crack isn't cocaine. Who cares if used recreational drugs 2 years ago. It's never effected him on the football field. Nothing else needs to be said.

Okay, what was I wrong about? Man, you have a thin skin. I even heard on your radio interview in Denver say, the drug rumors were unsubstantiated.

They were unsubstantiated. And still are. What you have is a guy told a guy that another guy told that first guy that...that sound like proof to you?

Your bad reading comprehension was your inability to read the fact that we said multiple times that we can't comment on the drugs issue because we don't know, that the NFL teams MAY know but we don't and were not able to find any confirmation. That better? Most people could get that on first reading, guess it takes others a few tries...

Crack isn't cocaine. Who cares if used recreational drugs 2 years ago. It's never effected him on the football field. Nothing else needs to be said.

"Crack isn't cocaine."

Maybe the kind you smoke.....;)

They were unsubstantiated. And still are. What you have is a guy told a guy that another guy told that first guy that...that sound like proof to you?

Your bad reading comprehension was your inability to read the fact that we said multiple times that we can't comment on the drugs issue because we don't know, that the NFL teams MAY know but we don't and were not able to find any confirmation. That better? Most people could get that on first reading, guess it takes others a few tries...

Yea, I'm too stupid to understand your highly "intellectual" diatribe about Ryan Mallett's off field issues. Please. I'm just trying to point out that if at least part of these rumors have been confirmed by Mallett himself, than who knows how much of what we have been hearing might be true? I realize your piece about Mallett stated that you could not find any concrete evidence of drug use, but I also got the impression from your report and your radio interview that this lack of evidence was a reason to dismiss all of the negative things we have been hearing about him. I just don't view this revelation as a positive sign like you do. Why do find it necessary to keep insulting me? Just because we have a difference of opinion about how serious his admitted drug use might turn out to be? I'm still not totally against drafting Mallett. I don't know how extensive his drug use might have been, but the rumors swirling around him did not give you the impression he was just experimenting with drugs. The rumors were intense, and insinuated that he was an addict. If that proves to be false, than I don't have a problem drafting the guy just because he dabbled with drugs at some point in his life. I actually would have greater concerns about his athleticism in the pocket.

this is dan marino all over again...minny fans really want mallett from what i read. love this! this only makes things better for us as long as we did our homework.

Wow, Mallett is easily the most polarizing player in this whole draft. He could go 8 to the Titans...or last until the second round.

Personally I think teams are only getting more and more interested. An NFL Network report claimed the Skins are heavily considering him at 10 now. If the Phins are serious about him, their favorite trade partner in Dallas picks one spot earlier than Washington.

Yea, I'm too stupid to understand your highly "intellectual" diatribe about Ryan Mallett's off field issues. Please. I'm just trying to point out that if at least part of these rumors have been confirmed by Mallett himself, than who knows how much of what we have been hearing might be true? I realize your piece about Mallett stated that you could not find any concrete evidence of drug use, but I also got the impression from your report and your radio interview that this lack of evidence was a reason to dismiss all of the negative things we have been hearing about him. I just don't view this revelation as a positive sign like you do. Why do find it necessary to keep insulting me? Just because we have a difference of opinion about how serious his admitted drug use might turn out to be? I'm still not totally against drafting Mallett. I don't know how extensive his drug use might have been, but the rumors swirling around him did not give you the impression he was just experimenting with drugs. The rumors were intense, and insinuated that he was an addict. If that proves to be false, than I don't have a problem drafting the guy just because he dabbled with drugs at some point in his life. I actually would have greater concerns about his athleticism in the pocket.

Because your unprovoked taunting and misrepresentation about our article was uncalled for. We made ourselves very, very plain. We can't comment on drugs, and we refuse to say he did or did not, because we're not privy to any evidence. Peter King did the same. And in fact, in the interview you're talking about, it was Cecil Lammey that said that there's no evidence that he's used drugs and he seemed to overall dismiss it as a possibility, and I did not fully agree with him. Once again I pointed out that the teams have found out what they've found out. Why did I say that? Well, I won't say, but let's just say that by this Sunday I had strong indications of my own (prior to hearing about Nawrocki's report) that teams feel certain that they have drugs on Ryan Mallett one way or another. That's what makes your accusations so baseless and comical. You're accusing me of insisting on Cecil's radio show that Ryan Mallett never did drugs when in fact I finally had confirmation that he had.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt that... I don't think NFL teams have seen any pictures of Mallett off someone's cell phone, and I guarantee you no journalists or sportswriters have..

I've seen pictures of Nick Fairley hanging out with Jamarcus Russell, they're from the same area in Mobile that's pretty rough.. now that's cause for concern...

Which is funny as I don't know if you remember but a guy came on here and started a thread one day and said that the guy who drove his cab said that he was the father of a kid that got died young by gun shot but was best buds with Nick Fairley and Jamarcus Russell, that the cabbie still talks to them both and that Jamarcus is convinced that the Dolphins are going to sign him in the off season and give him a shot next year.

Because your unprovoked taunting and misrepresentation about our article was uncalled for. We made ourselves very, very plain. We can't comment on drugs, and we refuse to say he did or did not, because we're not privy to any evidence. Peter King did the same. And in fact, in the interview you're talking about, it was Cecil Lammey that said that there's no evidence that he's used drugs and he seemed to overall dismiss it as a possibility, and I did not fully agree with him. Once again I pointed out that the teams have found out what they've found out. Why did I say that? Well, I won't say, but let's just say that by this Sunday I had strong indications of my own (prior to hearing about Nawrocki's report) that teams feel certain that they have drugs on Ryan Mallett one way or another. That's what makes your accusations so baseless and comical. You're accusing me of insisting on Cecil's radio show that Ryan Mallett never did drugs when in fact I finally had confirmation that he had.

Maybe we just are misunderstanding each other. My issue is that Mallett's admission to drug use could be a bigger deal than you might believe it is. Again, I have no idea how serious or trivial the extent of his drug use may have been, (it sounds like you know a lot more than I could possibly know, but maybe not as much as the brass for the NFL teams do) so I was just trying to say, "Wait a minute, this could be a big issue." I never wanted to get into a pissing match with you. I actually admire the work that you do, and have great respect for your opinions. I do searches for your posts just to read what you have to say. I have a great friend (Raider fan and draft fanatic like us) that I recommend your Universal Draft videos on you tube to, because I respect what you do so much. So, can we just hug it out and call a truce. I really don't want to have any bitter feelings toward you.

Maybe we just are misunderstanding each other. My issue is that Mallett's admission to drug use could be a bigger deal than you might believe it is. Again, I have no idea how serious or trivial the extent of his drug use may have been, (it sounds like you know a lot more than I could possibly know, but maybe not as much as the brass for the NFL teams do) so I was just trying to say, "Wait a minute, this could be a big issue." I never wanted to get into a pissing match with you. I actually admire the work that you do, and have great respect for your opinions. I do searches for your posts just to read what you have to say. I have a great friend (Raider fan and draft fanatic like us) that I recommend your Universal Draft videos on you tube to, because I respect what you do so much. So, can we just hug it out and call a truce. I really don't want to have any bitter feelings toward you.

Well then my apologies for the misunderstanding.

:bobdole: Crack is made from cocaine but they're not the same thing. Crack is a rock and Coke is a powder.

Now let me get this straight, Crack COCAINE is not COCAINE? That's like saying Ice is not water....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crack_cocaine

In the United States cocaine is a Schedule II drug under the Controlled Substances Act since it has high abuse potential but also carries a medicinal purpose.[24][25] Under the DEA listing of schedule I substances, crack is not considered separate from cocaine since they are essentially the same drug compound in different forms.

Back
Top Bottom