RG3 Notes The Rams "Dirty" Play | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RG3 Notes The Rams "Dirty" Play

Not a Fisher fan at all, and we are extremely lucky he didn't come to Miami. That would have been brutal. He is a .500 coach with a couple of outlier years where he caught lightening in a bottle. Physical teams yes, but so are Sparano and Wannstedt teams.

lol Fisher sucks,. Six winning seasons in 17 years .. I've seen Fisher make so many stupid decisions why even get started. Just like Sparano. You always stay away from stubborn coaches like Fisher and Sparano who hate to adapt or see things in any revolutionary way. Fisher's high level of stubborness and stupidity is why Miami won some of those games vs Tennessee over the years. All Titans fans talked about was how horrible Fisher was at placing his players in the best positions to succeed. Sound familiar ? They wanted Fisher gone for years and years. It's just that Tennessee is not the media magnet other places are so it probably flew right by you. But watching him coach made it blatantly obvious, the fans were right. They threw the biggest party they ever had in that state when Fisher left.

Philbin is a far better tactical coach who can think 2 and 3 plays ahead with good feel for the game <-- exactly what his former bosses in Green Bay said about him, and I believe it.

So happy we didn't end up with Fisher. Guy is not a good offensive mind whatsoever in this offensive pass-happy era .. His offense is ranked 30th, the worst in the league now without Amendola. I guarantee you St Louis would be ranked 5 to 10 spots higher if Philbin had Sam Bradford. Philbin would have figured out a way by now.

Philbin has a great ability to look at the big picture when he makes decisions in games (as well as other decisons for the team), Fisher doesn't. He's a very linear coach. Fisher will wear out his welcome in St Louis within 3/4 years

Last edited by a moderator:
There has got to be a play we can run like a pick play or something like that where we can get a TE to land blast that little hood rat. Total blindside him, maybe that will slow Finnegan up when he gets hit so hard he can't remember where he is.

Not really.

Your point?

Because before he hired Joe Philbin, Ross put everything he had into getting Fisher. So before you **** on me about Jeff Fisher the actual people running the Miami Dolphins thought the same thing I did.

Here is what I think...if Jeff Fisher was hired as our HC our current record would be better. He would have kept (for better or worse) Davis and Marshall. He would have gone the veteran route at QB like he did with Kerry Collins. In the draft, I could have seen him go with a pass rusher opposite of Wake.

HOWEVER, whether it was by design or pure luck there is no doubt in my mind that the selection of Joe Philbin will make a better future for the Fins than if Fisher would have been the guy. Because of the Tannehill pick, we finally have a HC and QB that are tied. Joe also has a steady hand at the wheel. He knows what he wants in a player and is setting a foundation that can endure over time. Also, between Philbin and Sherman, the Fins have 21 century offense.

Was Joe Philbin my first pick as HC? No. However, I think overall he has done a very good job five weeks into his job.

Fisher is a good coach in that his players play all out for him. When it comes to personell and game management......I'll pass

Jeff Fisher has always been a coach who gets his players to play dirty....same thing when he was coach of the Titans. If anyone deserves getting a long suspension it's Fisher.

Hey every team plays with a little extra sauce on sunday well except for the jets idiots spilled the sauce on themselves lol revis says hi! I am looking forward to hartline vs finnegan match-up, I think hartline is a player that can get inside corners head and cortland is hot headed jerk but he is very talented can't deny that. Lets see how hartline can solidify he a true #1...

Finnegan will shut Hartline down. If the officials are flag happy it'll be good for Miami to take some shots deep with Hartline on Finnegan. He'll hold and grab.

At all! I think he he has at least earn the title "good", because he is not below average or anything. But I hope we kick their a$$.

It's football. I can understand helmet hits and going for ankles, but football is a physical game. I'm tired of the NFL turning into a whine fest about safety. The defense is already handicapped enough with the QBs and WRs being so protected.

God forbid RG3 has stitches in his cheek while filming a Gatorade commercial........I'd hate to see the state of the league in 20 years if the rule changes keep coming as prevalently as recent times.

He is an outstanding NFL coach. You and I better hope he sucks tomorrow. If not, we go to 2-4 heading into the bye.

BTW, where was I pining for Jeff Fisher in that post? I essentially called him dirty and you have the berries to say that I need to "get over Fisher". lol.

The guy can coach...although he coaches with an edge. How can you say that he sucks as a coach? The Rams were awful last year and his team 3-2 and with a win tomorrow will be the "talk of the league" as being most improved. I am amazed how people around here cannot give opponents their due.

Ironically enough, with a win tomorrow, Joe Philbin should be receiving the same praise for a good coaching job and turnaround. Funny what one win can do.

Fisher sucks as a HC. The only reason you say he is outstanding is because of how much you lobbied for him. His win loss record along proves he is NOT outstanding. Get over it.

Fisher sucks as a HC. The only reason you say he is outstanding is because of how much you lobbied for him. His win loss record along proves he is NOT outstanding. Get over it.

Shows you how much you know because I lobbied for Brian ****ing Billick and Mike McCoy. I was happy the FO was going for Jeff Fisher because he is a quality coach.

You better hope he does in fact prove is NOT outstanding tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom